Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 766 to 780 of 1336
  1. #766
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    59,111
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    just seems like he has a very controlling, micromanaging personality. even during his time here he made sure every decision had to go through him. apparently other assistants were mad at him too because they felt like he was politically manoeuvring himself for the lead assistant position. can't really see that type of personality succeeding in the NBA unless you've won a couple of championships.
    Isnt that what Nurse denied? Not that Id expect him to admit its true but already a few things said about the situation that have been proven false (ie TJ Warren).

    In either case sounds like a guy I wouldnt want back.

  2. #767
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Isnt that what Nurse denied? Not that Id expect him to admit its true but already a few things said about the situation that have been proven false (ie TJ Warren).

    In either case sounds like a guy I wouldnt want back.
    Nurse denied everything written about the Toronto part. Warren denied the part written about him. There could be some truth to the article but a lot of it could be ********.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  3. #768
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    21,441
    Pretty cool to see Bosh make the hall of fame.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  4. #769
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,564
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Pretty cool to see Bosh make the hall of fame.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    It was. Also more deserving than Webber imo

  5. #770
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,282
    Aron banes wins least valuable player of the year. MU giving us all a lesson in how to tank.

    (1) C Aron Baynes, Toronto: 18.5 minutes per game, -2.1 RPM

    This past offseason, the Toronto Raptors had a difficult choice to make at center. Did they want to re-sign A) Serge Ibaka? Or B) Marc Gasol? As it turns out, Masai Uriji went with C) none of the above. The thought process made some sense. After all, the team needed to pony up for Fred VanVleet, and they wanted to keep their financial flexibility open in the future. These days, it's become trendy for teams to try and get away with stopgap options at center so they can spend more money on the perimeter.

    One of those cheap plug-ins -- promoted backup Chris Boucher -- has worked out well. Meanwhile, veteran FA Aron Baynes has... not. Baynes has recently been a solid stretch big, but he's getting up there in age (now at 34.) That decline's been accelerating lately. As he traveled north, he hit the wall harder than a White Walker. His three-point shooting (34% and 35% the previous two years) plummeted down to 26.2%. His true shooting of 50% is bad for anyone, but particularly bad for a center. Defensively, his aging body makes him a liability (-1.5 RPM) and not much of a rim protector (0.8 blocks per 36 minutes.)

    What's more damning about Baynes' season is the fact that the Raptors needed him. As mentioned, they let their vets go and didn't have much in the cupboard down low. As a result, they needed to trot out Baynes more than they'd like. He started his first 24 games, and stated 31 overall. He's a big reason why the team will miss the playoffs this year, which is a big reason why he wins out as our official LVP.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...east_valuable/

  6. #771
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,918
    wheres the guy that was arguing that Baynes was an advanced stats god and was a genius signing

  7. #772
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,282
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    wheres the guy that was arguing that Baynes was an advanced stats god and was a genius signing
    Didn’t know we had one of those here. Reed from the jays forum? Haha

  8. #773
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,918
    I don't want to diminish Luka's greatness since he deserves all the credit but lol clippers and lol at kawhi for not taking the responsibility of guarding Luka after being embarrassed the last year. Can't have a redemption arc with no heart.

  9. #774
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I don't want to diminish Luka's greatness since he deserves all the credit but lol clippers and lol at kawhi for not taking the responsibility of guarding Luka after being embarrassed the last year. Can't have a redemption arc with no heart.
    lol at that entire Clippers organization who have effectively become the biggest laughing stock in the league. Money well spent They stalked Kawhi like an obsessed single white female for an entire season lmao, I cant help but chuckle

  10. #775
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,282
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    lol at that entire Clippers organization who have effectively become the biggest laughing stock in the league. Money well spent They stalked Kawhi like an obsessed single white female for an entire season lmao, I cant help but chuckle
    What do you think it would take to get him to come back?

  11. #776
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    What do you think it would take to get him to come back?
    I don't think he cares about his legacy that much. I don't think he is obsessed about it like Lebron. I think he feels he did enough and is just going to coast until retirement. Like I legit think he would no show and force his way to SAC if LAC dumped him next season and neither GSW or LAL wanted him.

    He seems like the type of guy who grew up eating baloney sandwiches every friday so he'll eat baloney sandwiches every friday until he dies and he'll throw a tantrum if you try to change it.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-26-2021 at 01:21 PM.

  12. #777
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    What do you think it would take to get him to come back?
    Personally I dont want him back.

    This guy sits out 20+ games in a shortened season because hes saving himself for the post season. Post season arrives and his team is down 2 - 0 and heading back to Dallas.

    He recruited Ibaka and the outcome was that we were left with Baynes. Thanks for that Kawhi. is Lowry next

    Everyone credits Kawhi for our ship run, but judging from the last two seasons, Kawhi needed the raptors as much as the Raptors needed Kawhi.

    Kawhi wont have a very long prime, he is injury prone and he likes to be catered too. We catered to him for an entire season simply because we wanted to re-sign him. But I would hate to see our organization have to go through that again.

    Last, we know at this point the guy just wants to be in L.A, for better or worse, so theres no point in even thinking about this. He got his wish, and currently the entire league is literally laughing at the Clippers because they did the most, and are achieving the least.

  13. #778
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I don't think he cares about his legacy that much. I don't think he is obsessed about it like Lebron. I think he feels he did enough and is just going to coast until retirement. Like I legit think he would no show and force his way to SAC if LAC dumped him next season and neither GSW or LAL wanted him.

    He seems like the type of guy who grew up eating baloney sandwiches every friday so he'll eat baloney sandwiches every friday until he dies and he'll throw a tantrum if you try to change it.
    That made me laugh lol

    He seems like the type of guy where the people around him make his decisions for him. And I think he has some self serving people around him. even if they are family members.

  14. #779
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,918
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That made me laugh lol

    He seems like the type of guy where the people around him make his decisions for him. And I think he has some self serving people around him. even if they are family members.
    not sure if they're self-serving or they're just carrying out what Kawhi wants. Kawhi is so secretive it's very hard to get a good read on him. I personally think he's just like anyone else. The only way he was staying in Toronto was if we overpaid the **** out of him and gave his family access. That would be the price or the trade off of not playing in Cali.
    Last edited by ecart; 05-26-2021 at 03:15 PM.

  15. #780
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,564
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    not sure if they're self-serving or they're just carrying out what Kawhi wants. Kawhi is so secretive it's very hard to get a good read on him. I personally think he's just like anyone else. The only way he was staying in Toronto was if we overpaid the **** out of him and gave his family access. That would be the price or the trade off of not playing in Cali.
    I remember the off season reports were that uncle Dennis had some ridiculous demands of both the Raptors and Lakers. So ridiculous that it triggered an investigation by the league, and it wasnt just uncle Dennis as other family members were mentioned too. I found a couple articles but theres a bunch out there if you care to read it. I just think the agent should be trusted to go to bat for his client. Uncle Dennis and the circle of people Kawhi has around him have been reportedly problematic since his Spurs days. But yeah tough to tell if its actually them, or Kawhi speaking through his family members so that he doesn't personally look bad.

    https://theathletic.com/1481876/2019...shared-article
    https://www.tsn.ca/raptors-focused-o...awhi-1.1335424

Page 52 of 90 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •