Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Raptor View Post
    In the NCAA teams average 70 possessions per team per game which, over a 40 minute game averages out to 3.5 possessions per minute. The NBA averages 101 possessions per team per game which, over 48 minutes averages out to 4.2 possessions per minute. I would say that this proves beyond question that the NBA is faster.
    Sorry I wasnt referring the possessions per minute (thats not why Flynn is playing scared). Was referring to then playing 'faster' when the action actually begins. At least that's what I generally observe. Though that could be part of a skill set difference (where teams rush shots,overcommit on defense, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    We'll have to disagree there.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    You mean the skill set difference or who plays faster between NBA/NCAA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    You mean the skill set difference or who plays faster between NBA/NCAA ?
    I was referring to the speed/pace.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    70/40 is 1.75.
    101/48 is 2.1.

???

But yes, the nba is faster.
    Per team, so you would multiply them by 2 - (101*2)/48

Sorry I wasnt referring the possessions per minute (thats not why Flynn is playing scared). Was referring to then playing 'faster' when the action actually begins. At least that's what I generally observe. Though that could be part of a skill set difference (where teams rush shots,overcommit on defense, etc).
    re-reading your post, I do agree with your descriptions of the NCAA game as more chaotic or frantic. Its a result of less skilled players, where play execution falls apart more often and passes lack the crispness you see in the NBA. Ultimately, I get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I was referring to the speed/pace.

Ah hopefully I clarified itbpater on. Malachi probably was able to adapt to the franticness and rushed offenses/defenses because he was good. Whereas I think in the NBA, his skillset is at a disadvantage so when the style of play is 'slower' (as in less frantic), he cant adapt.

Ah hopefully I clarified itbpater on. Malachi probably was able to adapt to the franticness and rushed offenses/defenses because he was good. Whereas I think in the NBA, his skillset is at a disadvantage so when the style of play is 'slower' (as in less frantic), he cant adapt.
    Fair enough.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

surprised sabonis got snubbed.

surprised sabonis got snubbed.
    It is ridiculous he didnt get in.

21/11/6 on the 4th place team..........no dice? Are you effing kidding me? In order to let Vucevic in the game? Are you effing kidding me? Even Siakam deserves it more than Vucevic imo considering how bad the Magic are this year. Sure he is putting up numbers, but they are empty since they don't lead to W's.

Also, WTF are the Celtics doing with 2 all-stars while we have a better record and a history of being one of the best teams in the East the past several seasons and get 0? Fu*king Inexcusable!!!

Or how about Devin Booker? Kid is averaging 25 ppg on the 4th team in the West and still got snubbed. Just crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    21/11/6 on the 4th place team..........no dice? Are you effing kidding me? In order to let Vucevic in the game? Are you effing kidding me? Even Siakam deserves it more than Vucevic imo considering how bad the Magic are this year. Sure he is putting up numbers, but they are empty since they don't lead to W's.

Also, WTF are the Celtics doing with 2 all-stars while we have a better record and a history of being one of the best teams in the East the past several seasons and get 0? Fu*king Inexcusable!!!

Or how about Devin Booker? Kid is averaging 25 ppg on the 4th team in the West and still got snubbed. Just crazy.
    Always snubs that should make it. I'm disappointed FVV didn't get in. I think he is deserving and has been our best player this year. Every year, deserving players miss the cut. I don't have issue with Brown and Tatum getting in. Team record has historically been important, but the pendulum has swung too far that way in the past. Raptors have 5 really good players, but don't rely on a "superstar play" like other teams do. Tatum and Brown have had to carry an incredible load with Kemba/Smart missing so much time and insufficient depth behind them. It is a credit to our system and our depth that our guys can share the load better.

I'm not surprised about FVV since the Raptors have only had a resurgence recently and they do these things well in advance. Surprised Sabonis didn't get in since Indiana was rolling earlier. I do think some people will get in as I expect Kyrie to sit out.

Can't help but think Ainge kinda screwed up despite gloating about the haul he got from Brooklyn. Brad Stevens also looking low key overrated. Still a good coach tho.

Can't help but think Ainge kinda screwed up despite gloating about the haul he got from Brooklyn. Brad Stevens also looking low key overrated. Still a good coach tho.
    I don’t know about Steven’s being overrated. He measures up head to head with nurse. Nurse, Steven’s, and Kerr are the best in the league rn imo. They check all the boxes.

Ainge could be overrated though. I assume Masai would have maximized that BKN haul better than he did.

I don’t think Nurse is any better than Stevens.

I think the Celtics are struggling because they’re missing the hell out of Smart who is one of their best defenders. and Walkers injury has lead him to missing a bunch of games and now he’s being load managed and sits out back to backs etc

Nurse is a good coach, but let’s be real this is the first season where he has a real challenge with a flawed roster. Last two seasons he had stacked rosters to work with. This is the first flawed version of the Raptors that’s he’s had to coach, and I think that’s the ultimate test.

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast