Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    They haven't played for months. Teams get rusty from a normal off-season. Imagine a break without access to any fitness facilities whatsoever. You can throw normality out the window. Plus with players continually testing positive, the quality of their practice sessions at the moment is dubious at best.

The Raptors and the Bucks have a huge advantage over teams like the Lakers who are still trying to figure out their chemistry, rotations etc going into the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    They haven't played for months. Teams get rusty from a normal off-season. Imagine a break without access to any fitness facilities whatsoever. You can throw normality out the window. Plus with players continually testing positive, the quality of their practice sessions at the moment is dubious at best.

The Raptors and the Bucks have a huge advantage over teams like the Lakers who are still trying to figure out their chemistry, rotations etc going into the playoffs.
    And a huge advantage in not having any players test positive yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    And a huge advantage in not having any players test positive yet.
    Well, just the Raptors now.

Well, just the Raptors now.
    ?

?
    I think the Raptors are the only team not to test positive.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Bucks, Lakers, Raptors, Clippers, Celtics, Nuggets, Jazz, Heat are in the same hotel. Raptors are the only team in that group that haven't gotten corona yet.

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/07/07...is-pissed-off/

How about this hot take? Lowry > Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/07/07...is-pissed-off/

How about this hot take? Lowry > Westbrook.
    I mean.... he's not wrong... I don't even consider it a hot take.

What happened, fellas'? I'm tired of observing for 5+ years, this forum is dying, sadly. Let's talk ball, we're the defending champs for once after all... I think we're a lock for the ECF again, and could maybe use our experience to overcome the opposition leading us to another trip to the Finals .... Let's go guys... Plenty to discuss

Personally, I think Westbrook isn't a team player, yet still a talented pro. I think the Rockets lost the trade dishing out CP3... Russ is no winner, IMO. He is stat hungry, selfish and is not a modern PG, again, IMO. I don't think he'll ever win a Chip in his career, neither will Harden as long as he's around. Lowry is a winner, check his "adapability" this season without Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Adaptable View Post
    Personally, I think Westbrook isn't a team player, yet still a talented pro. I think the Rockets lost the trade dishing out CP3... Russ is no winner, IMO. He is stat hungry, selfish and is not a modern PG, again, IMO. I don't think he'll ever win a Chip in his career, neither will Harden as long as he's around. Lowry is a winner, check his "adapability" this season without Kawhi.
    Yah, I'd take Chris Paul over Westbrook too. I don't deny the individual physical talent he has, but games are still played 5 on 5. Both Paul and Lowry are exceptional at running an entire squad. And they do it with different guys around him. I'll also take either Paul or Lowry defensively over Russ. They are both so smart on both sides of the ball.

12. 07-10-2020, 08:35 AM

13. 07-10-2020, 08:36 AM

Hoepfully the Raptors will be able to hang on to the second seed.

The Nets dont look as formidable with their key guys out. The Wizards could make it in but they wont have Beal or Bertans.

The Magic could create some problems but not enough to upset the Raptors.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I mean in a vacuum, Westbrook is better than Lowry, it's not even an argument. If we're strictly comparing basketball skills and physical attributes, it's not even close. But basketball isn't played in a vacuum. Lowry's intangibles make him a more effective player than Westbrook.

How did they make a mistake dumping CP3? Harden hated CP3. lol what do you want them to do?

And honestly, people gotta stop using "not winning a chip" as a condemnation of a player's skill and talent. We have this weird habit of mythologizing winners and losers in this stupid dichotomy, where winners are literal gods and losers suffer from a multitude of moral foibles.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-10-2020 at 06:57 PM.

I mean in a vacuum, Westbrook is better than Lowry, it's not even an argument. If we're strictly comparing basketball skills and physical attributes, it's not even close. But basketball isn't played in a vacuum. Lowry's intangibles make him a more effective player than Westbrook.

How did they make a mistake dumping CP3? Harden hated CP3. lol what do you want them to do?

And honestly, people gotta stop using "not winning a chip" as a condemnation of a player's skill and talent. We have this weird habit of mythologizing winners and losers in this stupid dichotomy, where winners are literal gods and losers suffer from a multitude of moral foibles.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I mean.... he's not wrong... I don't even consider it a hot take.
    In a 1 on 1 matchup it's easily Westbrook > Lowry. When it comes to team basketball, running an offence, managing yourself and others on D then it's easily Lowry.

I think something that gets overlooked even by Raptor fans is just how much Lowry adapted his game since he got here. He went through so many changes in his game and never fought any of them. First he was too passive, then too assertive, then he started taking bad shots, the playoff struggles, then he became a reliable 1A and after only 1 or 2 years was asked to give up the reins and focus way more on becoming a floor general. He's also officially shaken his post season demons. He's taken every change in stride and has continuously gotten better. Off the top of my head it's hard to think of a player who went through more changes than Lowry did over the past decade or so.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast