Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    I don’t like the lakers getting a look at us before the playoffs. Heat and bucks will be tough games.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    How you guys feel about the new schedule? To me it feels like we got an unfavourable schedule, but then again the 8 worst teams aren’t involved so every schedule is probably tough.
    I felt the same. I havent looked at other teams though.

Does Danny Green finally get a ring when we play the lakers?

I think the SOS is based on what it was projected to be before the pandemic.

The Raptors will have the second toughest schedule.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I really think we can win. It's gonna come down to who gets lucky with testing. You lose your best player for two weeks to a positive test, you're likely done. You stay healthy for the whole thing, you have a good shot.

Not sure what the Nets is going to look like in Orlando. Deandre Jordan and Wilson Chandler joining Irving on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Not sure what the Nets is going to look like in Orlando. Deandre Jordan and Wilson Chandler joining Irving on the sidelines.
    I've read that Spencer Dinwiddie is considering not to play as well. He also tested positive.

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I really think we can win. It's gonna come down to who gets lucky with testing. You lose your best player for two weeks to a positive test, you're likely done. You stay healthy for the whole thing, you have a good shot.
    It is hard to evaluate what this team has done still. They have a pretty average record against + .500 teams, which will need to change for playoff success. They have also lost loads of man games due to injuries to key players. I think the stat I read was they had most win shares lost to injuries than any team in the NBA to this point. I don't know how that gets calculated with guys like Klay or Durant out all year though.

Kawhi was so huge at scoring over defenses when the Raptors offense went stagnate. I think that's the biggest question with the Raptors. Will they be able to rely on Siakam to be that guy who can score when the offense is not clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Kawhi was so huge at scoring over defenses when the Raptors offense went stagnate. I think that's the biggest question with the Raptors. Will they be able to rely on Siakam to be that guy who can score when the offense is not clicking.

It will be interesting. There were games (especially the Philly series if I remember correctly) where it also looked like the team around Kawhi did too much watching and had less movement both on and off the ball than usual. Strong defenses that can switch a lot tend to cause issues that force more isolation basketball. Kawhi saved us when the games got to that point.

It will be interesting. There were games (especially the Philly series if I remember correctly) where it also looked like the team around Kawhi did too much watching and had less movement both on and off the ball than usual. Strong defenses that can switch a lot tend to cause issues that force more isolation basketball. Kawhi saved us when the games got to that point.
    The team I can see presenting similar challenges is Miami and they also like to switch it up with zones.

The team I can see presenting similar challenges is Miami and they also like to switch it up with zones.

That bam-siakam matchup will be key. We should be able to give Miami trouble with our bigs because we have 3 (maybe 4, Boucher is also a good matchup for bam), and they really only have 1 that is above average.

Remember it took Miami having the best shooting night they had all season to beat us once.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    That bam-siakam matchup will be key. We should be able to give Miami trouble with our bigs because we have 3 (maybe 4, Boucher is also a good matchup for bam), and they really only have 1 that is above average.

Remember it took Miami having the best shooting night they had all season to beat us once.
    Yeah they are certainly a team that the Raptors are capable of getting by. The playoffs have proven in years past to slow down significantly and with all switching, I just wonder how much it will come down to iso scoring.

Miami is a team that can present similar defensive challenges as Philly did last year. Let's see how the match ups play out.

Yeah they are certainly a team that the Raptors are capable of getting by. The playoffs have proven in years past to slow down significantly and with all switching, I just wonder how much it will come down to iso scoring.

Miami is a team that can present similar defensive challenges as Philly did last year. Let's see how the match ups play out.

Defensively yes they can try to do similar things, but offensively they are pretty much polar opposite. If they aren’t shooting lights out then they will struggle. I’m confident in the raptors ability to close out.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    They did hotel assignments by seeding. All the top teams are staying in the same hotel and using the same facilities. If the Lakers or the Bucks get it, the Raptors are gonna get it as well. Testing positive only benefits lower seeds.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-04-2020 at 09:17 AM.

Cousins, Iguodala, Curry, Klay, Draymond. Cook and Looney were serviceable all year. That isn't a team that lacks offensive talent.

Raptors defense deserves more credit for slowing them down. Curry shot 34% from 3 and 41% from the field. By comparison, he wrecked Portland a week earlier without Durant on the court to help.

Raptors defense was phenomenal in that run.
    They got worse though. They never developed chemistry with Cousins. He barely played all year. Draymond got worse offensively when KD came. Iggy was a step slower and just coasting.

Our defence was great but it wasn't really the same team.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast