Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
    Give Ibaka a 1 year $30 mil deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But then if you re sign FVV there is still Ibaka and or Gasol...which are you gonna choose?
    Unlikely Gasol returns IMO

Then even if you re sign FVV and Ibaka is that even enough cap to go after Giannis or any big name in 2021

Then even if you re sign FVV and Ibaka is that even enough cap to go after Giannis or any big name in 2021
    If they resign FVV and Ibaka, they dont work with cap space to acquire Giannis. Has to be via trade. Not to forget, Terence Davis and OG Anuonoby as both also RFA's. Lots of moves required to keep cap space for next year unless Raps want to let loads of talent go for nothing. Which is why my stance has always been to focus on keeping and acquiring assets now, with the thought that if Giannis wants to come here, we can find a SnT to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    If they resign FVV and Ibaka, they dont work with cap space to acquire Giannis. Has to be via trade. Not to forget, Terence Davis and OG Anuonoby as both also RFA's. Lots of moves required to keep cap space for next year unless Raps want to let loads of talent go for nothing. Which is why my stance has always been to focus on keeping and acquiring assets now, with the thought that if Giannis wants to come here, we can find a SnT to make it work.
    But then in a S & T who you gon give up to get Giannis

Whoever you have to.

All depends what a year brings.

Hello!) I'm making an animated fan video for Toronto Raptors and you can help me with this; tell me what would you like to see in the video, who is your favorite player, maybe best moments in the game, etc. I will be glad to any information)) Later you will be able to rate the video)

Lol @ the bucks thing king dragic galinari will be enough to keep giannis long term.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-03-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: hit edit instead of quote by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Lol @ the bucks thing king dragic galinari will be enough to keep giannis long term.
    lol x2

I know that Miami really values Dragic and will try to retain him. Also Doncic and the Mavs will def make a run at Dragic being that they are team mates for their national team and the Mavs need a good vet pg.

The Bucks are entering desperation mode. Giannis is leaving simply because the franchise cant build a winner around him and they've had ample time. Its like a KG in Minnesota situation.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    lol x2

I know that Miami really values Dragic and will try to retain him. Also Doncic and the Mavs will def make a run at Dragic being that they are team mates for their national team and the Mavs need a good vet pg.

The Bucks are entering desperation mode. Giannis is leaving simply because the franchise cant build a winner around him and they've had ample time. Its like a KG in Minnesota situation.
    Some of the trade ideas I've read on the internet regarding Milwaukee are quite odd. I read one the other day that suggested the Raptors would benefit from acquiring Bledsoe and Hill from Milwaukee for Lowry. So we are hoping Giannis leaves and want to acquire him when he's a free agent, but we'll trade our best player to Milwaukee to make them better and take back long-term salary that goes past 2021?

Milwaukee does have some good players, but they are mostly veterans with pretty large price tags. I'm not sure how they are going to leverage there assets to get the piece they are looking for. The look really silly for letting Brogdon go IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Some of the trade ideas I've read on the internet regarding Milwaukee are quite odd. I read one the other day that suggested the Raptors would benefit from acquiring Bledsoe and Hill from Milwaukee for Lowry. So we are hoping Giannis leaves and want to acquire him when he's a free agent, but we'll trade our best player to Milwaukee to make them better and take back long-term salary that goes past 2021?

Milwaukee does have some good players, but they are mostly veterans with pretty large price tags. I'm not sure how they are going to leverage there assets to get the piece they are looking for. The look really silly for letting Brogdon go IMO.
    If they got Lowry for that package, they could win it all next season. That aint happening. They dont have anyone we would want outside of Giannis.

Their best trade asset is Middleton and he is owed 33, 35, 38, & 40 million over the next 4 years. Thats a massive contract for a tier 2 star. Makes Siakams contract look good.

Their next two biggest trade assets are Bledsoe, Lopez, and Devinsenzo. None of those player would move the needle much for any team trying to contend. You can certainly get a deal done with said players involved but like you said these arent the type of assets to leverage in hopes of landing a star player.

Losing Brogdon was a huge hit for them, but even with Brogdon they still would be a piece or two away.

With respect to the trade rumours, none of the garbage Ive been reading on any team has made sense. .I read one rumour saying the Warriors are going to trade 3 picks + Wiggins, Looney, & Poole for Lillard. That was a good laugh. If the Blazers were to trade Lillard, Im sure they could do better. This years draft isn't very good. The pick they would be sending out next year is top 3 protected, and the other pick is in 2026. Some of these writers need to stop working from home and smoking all that good stuff.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-03-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    If they got Lowry for that package, they could win it all next season. That aint happening. They dont have anyone we would want outside of Giannis.

Their best trade asset is Middleton and he is owed 33, 35, 38, & 40 million over the next 4 years. Thats a massive contract for a tier 2 star. Makes Siakams contract look good.

Their next two biggest trade assets are Bledsoe, Lopez, and Devinsenzo. None of those player would move the needle much for any team trying to contend. You can certainly get a deal done with said players involved but like you said these arent the type of assets to leverage in hopes of landing a star player.

Losing Brogdon was a huge hit for them, but even with Brogdon they still would be a piece or two away.

With respect to the trade rumours, none of the garbage Ive been reading on any team has made sense. .I read one rumour saying the Warriors are going to trade 3 picks + Wiggins, Looney, & Poole for Lillard. That was a good laugh. If the Blazers were to trade Lillard, Im sure they could do better. This years draft isn't very good. The pick they would be sending out next year is top 3 protected, and the other pick is in 2026. Some of these writers need to stop working from home and smoking all that good stuff.
    Some of the stuff that gets floated around is most definitely ridiculous. Shows some people have some absurdly high hopes for their teams.

Thunder receive: Patrick McCaw, Stanley Johnson, 2023 second-round draft pick

Raptors receive: Steven Adams

Itís a salary dump. A rebuilding team wouldnít want to pay Adams $27.5 million, and this adds inexpensive depth, a future second-round pick and makes the Thunderís draft pick next year more likely to be better.

McCaw and Johnson have not proven themselves to be productive NBA players, but the Thunder can still get a look at them for a year. Perhaps they can be used at the trade deadline to get more second-round picks. If not, they fill space on the depth chart for one year and then both parties move on.

Itís not exciting. Itís just the organization saving $20 million.

With Serge Ibaka testing free agency and rumors that Marc Gasol is returning to Spain to play for Barcelona, Toronto needs a new center.

They could re-sign Ibaka, but he may want a multi-year deal. Thereís an important reason to not give a deal into 2021-22: Giannis Antetokounmpoís contract is expiring after this season, and if he doesnít re-sign with the Milwaukee Bucks on a supermax, the Raptors could make a run at the two-time MVP.

So they get Adams instead, who provides a good post presence on both ends of the court and can fit into the defensive scheme, and on a one-year deal is not a commitment.

The Raptors throw in McCaw and Johnson to trim a little more salary, and thereís the deal. A starting center on a one-year deal to replace their former bigs.

Thunder receive: Patrick McCaw, Stanley Johnson, 2023 second-round draft pick

Raptors receive: Steven Adams

Itís a salary dump. A rebuilding team wouldnít want to pay Adams $27.5 million, and this adds inexpensive depth, a future second-round pick and makes the Thunderís draft pick next year more likely to be better.

McCaw and Johnson have not proven themselves to be productive NBA players, but the Thunder can still get a look at them for a year. Perhaps they can be used at the trade deadline to get more second-round picks. If not, they fill space on the depth chart for one year and then both parties move on.

Itís not exciting. Itís just the organization saving $20 million.

With Serge Ibaka testing free agency and rumors that Marc Gasol is returning to Spain to play for Barcelona, Toronto needs a new center.

They could re-sign Ibaka, but he may want a multi-year deal. Thereís an important reason to not give a deal into 2021-22: Giannis Antetokounmpoís contract is expiring after this season, and if he doesnít re-sign with the Milwaukee Bucks on a supermax, the Raptors could make a run at the two-time MVP.

So they get Adams instead, who provides a good post presence on both ends of the court and can fit into the defensive scheme, and on a one-year deal is not a commitment.

The Raptors throw in McCaw and Johnson to trim a little more salary, and thereís the deal. A starting center on a one-year deal to replace their former bigs.
    where do I sign? McCaw and Johnson are Trash, and Adams seems like the perfect Gasol replacement.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast