Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1593
  1. #1456
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think he dug too deep into it. I remember saying he should have done the campain during the playoffs instead of before the season since that wpuld drive more traffic and I think he felt a bit offended. Instead he decided to spend his money on FB ads throughout the season.

    Then got mad when Nav had a ripoff after the playoffs and got more activity.
    Lmao I remember that too lol.

    Well he put a lot of time and effort in to it. Where as Nav probably just hired some guys to do it. So I get why he was mad.

    But it was all part of the same useless cause. Petitions donít work for athlete free agents. They can care less haha they already know the fans want them to stay.

  2. #1457
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lmao I remember that

    Jamie wasnít wrong about a lot of stuff he said with respect to Demar. Namely Demars lack of defensive effort. He really just didnít even try on the defensive end for us.

    But I just like Demar because he was so loyal to the city/ fans. Hard to not like a player like that when everyone else seemed to want to leave. Itís just nice to see him playing at a high level and be in a winning situation because that guys worked his *** off.

    To go from what he was to be in the mvp discussion. Itís impressive. Heís having himself a nice season.
    Demar just didnít have the conditioning to give 100% effort on the defensive side of things. Remember all those times of him trying to catch his breath on the floor while his team is running back, or getting subbed off and he canít even make it to the chair and just collapses infront of the bench? Pops taught him some little defensive tricks that donít require high effort though - one example was when ibaka would try to back him down in the paint he would just time it and step out of the way and swipe at the ball. Heís really developed nicely. He turned the corner that one season when he mostly played point for SA and he shot over 50% from the field. Learned how to pick his spots that season.

  3. #1458
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Well that was the thing. There's a lot of things you can croticize about Demar. He just did it in a way where he tried to come off as objective but you can tell the posts reeked of bias and smugness.
    Yeah I was one of the few that took him head on. Was tough when all the numbers are not in your favour though lol.

  4. #1459
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Lmao I remember that too lol.

    Well he put a lot of time and effort in to it. Where as Nav probably just hired some guys to do it. So I get why he was mad.

    But it was all part of the same useless cause. Petitions donít work for athlete free agents. They can care less haha they already know the fans want them to stay.
    Yeah I donít think kawhi ever questioned how much the fans wanted him to stay in TO.

  5. #1460
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Demar just didnít have the conditioning to give 100% effort on the defensive side of things. Remember all those times of him trying to catch his breath on the floor while his team is running back, or getting subbed off and he canít even make it to the chair and just collapses infront of the bench? Pops taught him some little defensive tricks that donít require high effort though - one example was when ibaka would try to back him down in the paint he would just time it and step out of the way and swipe at the ball. Heís really developed nicely. He turned the corner that one season when he mostly played point for SA and he shot over 50% from the field. Learned how to pick his spots that season.
    I agree I think his time as a spur helped him a lot. He def grew more there as a play maker, and with shot selection etc.

    I donít know if heís a better defender, maybe he is. But his offensive game is way more polished.

  6. #1461
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah I donít think kawhi ever questioned how much the fans wanted him to stay in TO.
    Right? Lol most super stars understand their value. Why would any fan base not want a super star of that caliber to remain on their team? These guys arenít oblivious.

    And imagine youíre Kawhi. Do you sit there and read thousands of signatures and think hmmm these people really love me. My heart feels fuzzy and warm. I think I will stay ? Lmao, or the more realistic outcome. You donít even read the petition because you already know they love you.

  7. #1462
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I agree I think his time as a spur helped him a lot. He def grew more there as a play maker, and with shot selection etc.

    I donít know if heís a better defender, maybe he is. But his offensive game is way more polished.
    Better might not be the right word, but he is definitely more crafty defensively.

  8. #1463
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    15,185
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Right? Lol most super stars understand their value. Why would any fan base not want a super star of that caliber to remain on their team? These guys arenít oblivious.

    And imagine youíre Kawhi. Do you sit there and read thousands of signatures and think hmmm these people really love me. My heart feels fuzzy and warm. I think I will stay ? Lmao, or the more realistic outcome. You donít even read the petition because you already know they love you.
    Kawhine and dine was the more effective petition imo.

  9. #1464
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Kawhine and dine was the more effective petition imo.
    In hindsight we know he had his mind made up anyway.

    And you know what? the guys gonna have health issues for the rest of his career. The load management was successful here but look at him now. I didnt really want to continue to have the franchise coddle him either.

    We litterally got the best of the situation. We got our ring, he went on. We were still a playoff team with out him. Then we had one bad season which was in Tampa anyways, and now we have Barnes.

    We couldnít have come out better. We got a ring, and we got an amazing young talent to develop. Plus a nice core of home grown talent around him. The basketball gods have been on our side.

  10. #1465
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I have him on Instagram lol if he still reads this heíll find me haha
    He spams Reddit every single day picking arguments with Demar fans lol. Every time I see a massively downvoted post in a Demar thread, 99% chance it is Jamie.

  11. #1466
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think he dug too deep into it. I remember saying he should have done the campain during the playoffs instead of before the season since that wpuld drive more traffic and I think he felt a bit offended. Instead he decided to spend his money on FB ads throughout the season.

    Then got mad when Nav had a ripoff after the playoffs and got more activity.
    It was a poorly made site and he didn't want any feedback or constructive criticism. Then he said there was a conspiracy against him by Demar fans and Reddit. The whole thing was so out of touch.

  12. #1467
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    32,650
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    He spams Reddit every single day picking arguments with Demar fans lol. Every time I see a massively downvoted post in a Demar thread, 99% chance it is Jamie.
    Wow he still at it eh lol thatís dedication

  13. #1468
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    60,549
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    It was a poorly made site and he didn't want any feedback or constructive criticism. Then he said there was a conspiracy against him by Demar fans and Reddit. The whole thing was so out of touch.
    I think I ememeber some people in reddit not liking the design of the site as well.

  14. #1469
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Wow he still at it eh lol thatís dedication
    I think that's one of the reasons why he stopped coming on here. No one wanted to talk about it anymore cause it was boring.

  15. #1470
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,636
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I think I ememeber some people in reddit not liking the design of the site as well.
    Well he was spamming it and a lot of people thought it was a cringe campaign so it would get removed. So he thought there was this Reddit conspiracy against him and needed to "know" the right person.

    The funniest **** was when he thought he needed to appease Demar fans cause of the **** he was reading on facebook rofl. So he started asking other people to write Demar tributes, couldn't even be bothered to write one himself lmfao.

Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •