Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I think Bosh could be a no.1, he just never had a coach that could make use of his versatility. Then he took a backseat to Wade and Lebron
    I canít say I agree. There arenít really any championship teams I can remember that weíre led by a bosh type. Lots of playoff teams, but your #1 needs to be able to handle the rock imo.

I think Bosh could be a no.1, he just never had a coach that could make use of his versatility. Then he took a backseat to Wade and Lebron
    He became a black hole in the last few seasons as a raptor. He def needed way more help. But Bosh couldn't take a team very far as 1st option. He just wasn't versatile enough on the offensive end. He was essentially the perfect 3rd option with less usage. In Toronto he had a lot of inflated stats.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    Pump the brakes here for a second....I don't know if we can say Siakam is better than Bosh. He's got one heck of a long ways to go before he reaches the top of that mountain...lol Are you kidding me? Bosh averaged 22 and 10 and shot over 50% as a #1 option. He played 13 years and was an all star in each of the last 11 of them. He could beat you in the post. He could face up and take you to the basket. He could finish in the P&R. He could play pick and pop. He could spot up and knock down a 3. He could rebound. He won multiple rings and is a lock for the hall of fame. I love Siakam's game and his potential to get even better since he started playing so late....but I'm not ready to say he's better than an 11x all-star/sure fire hall of famer who could defend and score efficiently. Not even close.
    Well then were probably very screwed with Siakam as our number one option arent we? Because Bosh couldn't even lead us out of the first round. So If Siakam cant even be at Bosh level, were ****ed.

I do think Bosh was way over rated. He was a solid piece, not a guy you want to build around though. Although, I dont think Siakam is either.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I canít say I agree. There arenít really any championship teams I can remember that weíre led by a bosh type. Lots of playoff teams, but your #1 needs to be able to handle the rock imo.
    no.1 option doesn't mean you need to literally win a championship as the top dog rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He became a black hole in the last few seasons as a raptor. He def needed way more help. But Bosh couldn't take a team very far as 1st option. He just wasn't versatile enough on the offensive end. He was essentially the perfect 3rd option with less usage. In Toronto he had a lot of inflated stats.
    He was a black hole because of the coaching. He was infinitely more versatile offensively and defensively with the Heat even as he took a back seat. Look at how long it took for Kevin Love to adjust his playstyle.

Look at everything Bosh was able to accomplish in just one off-season. His faceup game, his handling, best pick and roll defence in the league etc. There was so much **** that he was capable of doing, our coaching staff just wasn't good enough to recognize it.

It's not really his fault our offensive identity during that era was Calderon dribbling out half the shot clock and Bosh posting up the remaining seconds.

You guys wish Siakam was as good as Bosh lol. If Siakam was as good as Bosh, we would be in the Finals.

Bosh was the prototypical big. He is the reason these perimeter face up bigs that can switch on anything are essential right now. If Bosh was drafted by a competent front office with a decent coaching staff, this meta would have been ushered into the NBA even quicker. Instead we got Sam Mitchell, who only got the job from riding KG's coat tails and Bryan Colangelo, who got the job because of nepotism. It's actually so ****ing sad how behind we were. Even at the time, the league was slowly shifting away from post-ups yet our entire coaching/development process heavily emphasized that.

If you want to make the argument that how Bosh actually played in Toronto was meh, then I am inclined to agree. But due to how he played when he immediately joined the Heat, I think he left a lot on the table.
    Last edited by ecart; 10-15-2020 at 01:13 PM.

no.1 option doesn't mean you need to literally win a championship as the top dog rofl.

Then what does it mean? #1 option is a different thing than ďtop dogĒ?

Sry but I canít even believe Iím reading that you think bosh gets us to the finals as the #1 option lol. I canít think of anything Iíve ever seen from bosh that leads me to that conclusion. He ONLY had success as a #3.

Clippers sign Lue as HC lmao. It just gets better and better.

Lue is NOT upto the caliber of Nurse, Stevens, Spolstra imo. I canít see him being much better than Doc was. Same flaws imo.

Listen good talk from everyone. I think everyone raises good points except the over payment for oledipo.

The bottom line is we ainít winning horse **** next year. Who really gives two rats ***** about competing and not truly having a shot at winning? Thatís what **** *** franchises do but not the lakers or Boston or Miami. I think for many of us that got a good taste of what a championship is all about combined to finally see what a superstar player can do makes it more surreal that 2021 free agency is a must hit homer un for us. So we better do what ever it takes to free up cash and leave us in a position to even have to move a Siakam if giannis wants that or to even have a stash of first round picks In case there needed.

Trade Powell for a first and second round pick or something valuable. A first is a must. Trade Lowry now if you think he is going to be greedy and regardless if giannis comes he wants big money. Trade him for 2 first round picks or whatever you can get.

Imo Siakam, OG and Davis stay.. plus first round picks and seconds.. bunch of cap space and get ready for 2021. In fact tank 2020 to get a better lottery pick..

I would not give Fred more than 18 per see you later and thanks. Not in these corona virus conditions. Massai already ****ed up with Siakam over paying. So sign and trade him for expiring and picks.

Fill up the Christmas tree with picks and cash.

For me itís super star or back to being **** for years Iím the middle of the pack.
    Last edited by Glenfidish; 10-15-2020 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenfidish View Post
    Listen good talk from everyone. I think everyone raises good points except the over payment for oledipo.

The bottom line is we ainít winning horse **** next year. Who really gives two rats ***** about competing and not truly having a shot at winning? Thatís what **** *** franchises do but not the lakers or Boston or Miami. I think for many of us that got a good taste of what a championship is all about combined to finally see what a superstar player can do makes it more surreal that 2021 free agency is a must hit homer un for us. So we better do what ever it takes to free up cash and leave us in a position to even have to move a Siakam if giannis wants that or to even have a stash of first round picks In case there needed.

Trade Powell for a first and second round pick or something valuable. A first is a must. Trade Lowry now if you think he is going to be greedy and regardless if giannis comes he wants big money. Trade him for 2 first round picks or whatever you can get.

Imo Siakam, OG and Davis stay.. plus first round picks and seconds.. bunch of cap space and get ready for 2021. In fact tank 2020 to get a better lottery pick..

I would not give Fred more than 18 per see you later and thanks. Not in these corona virus conditions. Massai already ****ed up with Siakam over paying. So sign and trade him for expiring and picks.

Fill up the Christmas tree with picks and cash.

For me itís super star or back to being **** for years Iím the middle of the pack.
    I donít think that gets us any closer to giannis tbh. I think we will have a much better chance if we are a competitive team that looks to be 1 superstar away.

Then what does it mean? #1 option is a different thing than ďtop dogĒ?
    James Harden is undeniably a bonafide no.1 option and he has never won a championship. Winning a championship is not a prerequisite for being a no.1 option.

Sry but I canít even believe Iím reading that you think bosh gets us to the finals as the #1 option lol. I canít think of anything Iíve ever seen from bosh that leads me to that conclusion. He ONLY had success as a #3.
    lmfao are you serious? Siakam was hot garbage. Bosh wouldn't have been that trash and is wayyyyyy more refined offensively. Plus Bosh was considered the best mobile big defender in the league when he was in Miami, so you can't even play the defence card.

Clippers sign Lue as HC lmao. It just gets better and better.

Lue is NOT upto the caliber of Nurse, Stevens, Spolstra imo. I canít see him being much better than Doc was. Same flaws imo.
    Nah Lue isn't bad. He got underrated because of Lebron but he made a **** ton of adjustments in their comeback against GSW.

DG: There's a really big disconnect between front offices and coaches. Ty Lue never got any love and respect from the front offices, and yet if you ask coaches -- and I know this because I've seen this conversation take place among many coaches sitting together in Las Vegas -- if you ask coaches which head coach makes the best in-game offensive adjustments , Ty Lue's name comes up very, very quickly. But the front offices aren't revealing any of that because they're not in the war room every day with their coaches trying to draw plays to stop teams.

I remember vividly, Dwane Casey looking down at Ty Lue in a second round game, coming out of a timeout and almost going zone half of the time because he's like "you're not going to embarrass ME with one of those quick hitters after a timeout." Ty's so good at it he's in coaches heads, but he gets no love whatsoever from the front office and I found that to be really, really interesting. And I think just as Steve Kerr is somewhat hamstrung by the greatness of his roster, Ty Lue was hamstrung by the greatness of Lebron James. I think the thing I'm most excited to see in the NBA is after this season, these questions about head coaches -- will Ty Lue start to get some of the respect he deserves?
    Plus according to Love, he was the only guy that got everyone to buy in. That's tough to do and it will serve him well on a star studded roster with a bunch of divas.

James Harden is undeniably a bonafide no.1 option and he has never won a championship. Winning a championship is not a prerequisite for being a no.1 option.
    Never suggested you needed a ship to be considered a #1 option.

lmfao are you serious? Siakam was hot garbage. Bosh wouldn't have been that trash and is wayyyyyy more refined offensively. Plus Bosh was considered the best mobile big defender in the league when he was in Miami, so you can't even play the defence card.
    No, but I can play the ďhe cannot create his own offenceĒ card. Do you even remember dumping it off to bosh and hoping he would get fouled?

If any PF was going to win a ship as a #1 option it would have been KG and he couldnít get close.
    Bosh was like a poor mans KG.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast