Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1266
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Shaq would dominate in any era simply due to his physicality.
    He wouldn't dominate in this era. His lack of conditioning and range would limit his potential. He would also struggle against modern zone defences. When they legalized zone, the Pistons and Spurs were playing simple *** zone schemes and mitigating shaq to a greater degree than before. He was forced to pass out to Kobe who couldn't deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Chris really let his team down in these finals imo. When he was good they won the first 2 games and then his play fell off. Did Bud actually make an adjustment?
    injured and he's 37 lol. Not sure how you see it that way tbh. Their gameplan was to shut down the corners and force Devin Booker to beat them with Holiday single coverage and he couldn't deliver. Then they attacked Ayton when Saric was out and they realized the other bench guys were trash.

Shaq would probably maintain his Magic physique and be more mobile.

Maybe. Maybe not. Shaq always did the bare minimum when it came to his conditioning. If Shaq had a good work ethic, he would be the GOAT and it wouldnt even be close. Also Shaq's pick and roll defense was garbage so it doesn't even matter if he could be mobile enough, he still wouldn't be good on the perimeter. The only way he would be able to stay on the court would be through his offense. His dribbling wasn't good enough to do those straight line drives like Zion or Giannis. His drop step technique in the post would be called a foul most of the time in this era. His only offense would be from being in deep post position or dunkers spot. His playmaking was mediocore in an era where passing out of the post was dead easy due the rules at the time (look at angles/space taken by help defenders in 80s/90s vs today). There's obviously some things he can work with like his footwork, size, athleticism etc but idk I just don't really see him putting in the work to adapt lol. Shaq played the same way his entire career and was basically trash when his body gave him up.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-21-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    He wouldn't dominate in this era. His lack of conditioning and range would limit his potential. He would also struggle against modern zone defences. When they legalized zone, the Pistons and Spurs were playing simple *** zone schemes and mitigating shaq to a greater degree than before. He was forced to pass out to Kobe who couldn't deliver.
    Shaq was one of the most dominant players to ever play the game. I think he would easily body every C in the league today. Yeah he lost to the Spurs and Pistons, Everyone loses though. In his magic days dude was running the floor like a guard. Iím trying to picture which team he wouldnít drop 50 on, at will. Only dude I picture trying to guard him is Embiid. Other wise everyone else would be bbq chicken. Even embiid would probably get injured guarding him lol

Maybe. Maybe not. Shaq always did the bare minimum when it came to his conditioning. If Shaq had a good work ethic, he would be the GOAT and it wouldnt even be close. Also Shaq's pick and roll defense was garbage so it doesn't even matter if he could be mobile enough, he still wouldn't be good on the perimeter. The only way he would be able to stay on the court would be through his offense. His dribbling wasn't good enough to do those straight line drives like Zion or Giannis. His drop step technique in the post would be called a foul most of the time in this era. His only offense would be from being in deep post position or dunkers spot. His playmaking was mediocore in an era where passing out of the post was dead easy due the rules at the time (look at angles/space taken by help defenders in 80s/90s vs today). There's obviously some things he can work with like his footwork, size, athleticism etc but idk I just don't really see him putting in the work to adapt lol. Shaq played the same way his entire career and was basically trash when his body gave him up.
    Well yeah that was always Kobeís beef with him. But imagine doing the bare minimum and still going down as a top 10 player all time.

Shaq was one of the most dominant players to ever play the game. I think he would easily body every C in the league today. Yeah he lost to the Spurs and Pistons, Everyone loses though. In his magic days dude was running the floor like a guard. Iím trying to picture which team he wouldnít drop 50 on, at will. Only dude I picture trying to guard him is Embiid. Other wise everyone else would be bbq chicken. Even embiid would probably get injured guarding him lol
    I only brought up those teams because that was when the NBA changed the rules to limit Shaqs dominance. The game is much different today. Just go back and watch how teams guard Shaq versus how a modern defence like the Raptors guarded Giannis and Embiid. Itís completely different. Thatís why when Shaq says dumb *** **** like just throw it down low and dominate you got modern NBA players looking at him like a goddammn fool.

I mean sure Shaq would score a slow 50 and theyíll score 100 on him.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-22-2021 at 03:41 AM.

I think he'd adapt to the era. He probably thought he could get away with being 350 because a lot of centres were still slow and big. If he had to play on this era, i think he'd probably be a bit more series about it. Itd be easier to scheme against him so think he would have a harder time, but he would probably still get a lot of accolades.

Still. If you wanted to recreate Shaqís dominance in the modern nbaÖ it looks like Giannis.

Iím a little surprised fans are hating on Flynn so hard tbh. Yeah his dad is a problem, but meh. If I was a dad of a professional then I would be a problem too haha.

For a rookie, Flynn showed he can do a lot at an NBA level already. Never mind for a late 1st. He will be a lot better than most of the guys picked ahead of him imo.

I only brought up those teams because that was when the NBA changed the rules to limit Shaqs dominance. The game is much different today. Just go back and watch how teams guard Shaq versus how a modern defence like the Raptors guarded Giannis and Embiid. Itís completely different. Thatís why when Shaq says dumb *** **** like just throw it down low and dominate you got modern NBA players looking at him like a goddammn fool.

I mean sure Shaq would score a slow 50 and theyíll score 100 on him.
    Who would score 100 on him... was he some sort of defensive liability. Nah I disagree bro. Shaq was a force when the league watch much tougher defensively. You put him in this era where defense is always secondary and he would have a field day. you really think Marc Gasol could guard Shaq the way he did Embiid... not in a million years.

Iím a little surprised fans are hating on Flynn so hard tbh. Yeah his dad is a problem, but meh. If I was a dad of a professional then I would be a problem too haha.

For a rookie, Flynn showed he can do a lot at an NBA level already. Never mind for a late 1st. He will be a lot better than most of the guys picked ahead of him imo.
    I have no interest in him being the the future pg for this team. A Lowry predecessor needs to be someone special. Flynn aint it. but that's just my opinion, I am admittedly biased.

Still. If you wanted to recreate Shaqís dominance in the modern nbaÖ it looks like Giannis.
    Fair enough. He would be the closest thing I agree. After the finals that he just had and showed that ability to dominate, I'm more inclined to agree with your comparison. He showed up and showed out. I was so proud of him. Giannis is such a likable player. He deserves all the success that is to come his way. I like the fact that hes loyal and stuck with his team. I love the fact that he doesn't have the cowardice heart that Durant has.

And hes actually still getting better. Dudes been working on his free throws and refused to let that be something that held him back. Compare that to a guy like Simmons who doesn't even try to improve, Im hella impressed that Giannis at 26 is still getting better.

Who would score 100 on him... was he some sort of defensive liability. Nah I disagree bro. Shaq was a force when the league watch much tougher defensively. You put him in this era where defense is always secondary and he would have a field day. you really think Marc Gasol could guard Shaq the way he did Embiid... not in a million years.
    Yea he was a **** defender lmfao. His pick and roll d was so trash coaches told him to take games off against the Jazz. He could only body up in the paint. It didnít matter back then because offences were stagnant as hell. Curry with shaq on him in an island would be a joke. 3s>2s. How is the defence tougher? Itís literally an objective fact that post play is harder under the current rule set. Also idk why youíre so focused on 1v1 matchups. Entry passes are harder with current rules. Spacing is completely different. Literally just look at old game tape versus now, the geometry is way different. Unless Shaq dribbles the ball up the court heís not going to get the ball on every possession. Not saying he wonít get buckets but there are other factors youíre completely ignoring.

https://youtu.be/LWwLSgQQans

Thatís Bargnani level defense during the peak of his career. He would get embarrassed so hard in todayís league.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-22-2021 at 05:28 PM.

Yea he was a **** defender lmfao. His pick and roll d was so trash coaches told him to take games off against the Jazz. He could only body up in the paint. It didnít matter back then because offences were stagnant as hell. Curry with shaq on him in an island would be a joke. 3s>2s. How is the defence tougher? Itís literally an objective fact that post play is harder under the current rule set. Also idk why youíre so focused on 1v1 matchups. Entry passes are harder with current rules. Spacing is completely different. Literally just look at old game tape versus now, the geometry is way different. Unless Shaq dribbles the ball up the court heís not going to get the ball on every possession. Not saying he wonít get buckets but there are other factors youíre completely ignoring.

https://youtu.be/LWwLSgQQans

Thatís Bargnani level defense during the peak of his career. He would get embarrassed so hard in todayís league.
    Sure dude. Shaq would get embarrassed in this era. The 4 great Cs in this era would be too much for him lol

Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast