Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1333
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I conclude that he would have been eligible for more, and his agent would have still gotten him the max + incentives. That might change if I go back and read ecarts novel lol.

And yes I believe siakam has more value on the open market than randle. Proven winner, plays hard on both sides of the ball, humble, versatileÖ I think most contenders would prefer to have siakam on their roster than randle right now.
    I also think any team in the league would be happy to trade 30mil in contracts for siakam, but the same could be said about randle too.
    What is your second paragraph based on? Just how you feel? Honestly can you just simply look up Randles numbers for last season vs Siakam. And then say the same paragraph with a straight face? They are pretty evenly matched. But Randle had the better season for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    What is your second paragraph based on? Just how you feel? Honestly can you just simply look up Randles numbers for last season vs Siakam. And then say the same paragraph with a straight face? They are pretty evenly matched. But Randle had the better season for certain.
    Iíve already said 1000 times that I do not put stock into last seasons stats for the raptors. I honestly think itís absurd to compare those numbers the way you are. Anything since covid struck should be taken with a grain of salt.

Let me ask you this - why didnít randle go for the max? Could it possibly be because he isnít perceived around the league as a max player and a winner? HmmmmÖ.
    Yes randle had a better season, just like almost any player had a better season than any raptor. Randle had home games and did not get covid lmao.

As I said the last time I tried to end this convoÖ we can assess after this season when things start to return to normal for this team. With Lowry gone Iíd say both guys are in a similar position to succeed. We can go from there.

Like I ask a question about if siakam would have been eligible for more money if he waited to sign his contract and I get called a homer for it lol.
    Or was the homerisim me saying that his agent would still ask for the max?
    Ohhh wait it must have been when I said siakams defence is more versatile than randles?
    SheeshÖ

Let me ask you this: you have a team that is a Contender right now, or even 1 piece away from being a true contender. Are you hoping to add randle or siakam to your roster? Contracts considered (even though contracts arenít a part of what I originally compared at all).

Like am I reading this right that you would prefer to have randle at his contract or derozan at his contract over siakam? Only 1 of those guys has proven they can play great playoff basketball on both sides of the ball.

Iíve already said 1000 times that I do not put stock into last seasons stats for the raptors. I honestly think itís absurd to compare those numbers the way you are. Anything since covid struck should be taken with a grain of salt.

Let me ask you this - why didnít randle go for the max? Could it possibly be because he isnít perceived around the league as a max player and a winner? HmmmmÖ.
    Yes randle had a better season, just like almost any player had a better season than any raptor. Randle had home games and did not get covid lmao.
    Randle got his extension after last season. Isnít that what weíre talking about here? The extensions? His numbers were better when he signed his extensionVs to when Siakam signed his. And itís for less money.

Even if you donít count last season (although the league certainly counts it) no one cares that Toronto had to sacrifice playing home games. You can put an asterisk beside our season if you want but again no one cares.

To answer your question it doesnít matter how the league views these players. Thatís speculation. Every gm and scout has a different perception. There is no unanimous league perception. What matters is the negotiation between the gm and agent and the deal thatís agreed on. The person I give most credit to here is Siakams agent because he won those negotiations. Kudos to him.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 09-17-2021 at 03:05 PM.

He doesn't care about facts. He's just arguing based on feelings. He doesn't even understand how the max or the incentives work even though it was laid out to him after he requested to have a conversation about it. I knew he was going to do this that's why I didn't even bother to explain why it was wrong in the first place.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-17-2021 at 03:10 PM.

Because you have 0 understanding of how the CBA works and all of your arguments stem from this broken understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    He doesn't care about facts. He's just arguing based on feelings. He doesn't even understand how the max or the incentives work even though it was laid out to him after he requested to have a conversation about it.
    Thereís def feelings involved there lol, I mean who am I to get in the middle of a love affair. Letís let him be enamoured. Whatís the harm in it.

Pascal Öpascal

Honestly, if Randle or even Simmons was on the Raptors, people would be making the same arguments defending them. We're not that far removed from people writing essays on PSD/RGM/reddit about how Bargnani, Rudy Gay and DD are our saviors and why they deserve the max.

I still remember arguing with people saying DD >>>>> Harden.
    That sums it up well. So true, and I canít even lie I was one of those people for sure. I just know better now. And Siakam is still better than all those guys but I wonít over rate him just to make myself feel better like I did with Demar and even Gay. Bargnani was another level, I think he broke all our hearts lol

Randle got his extension after last season. Isnít that what weíre talking about here? The extensions? His numbers were better when he signed his extensionVs to when Siakam signed his. And itís for less money.

Even if you donít count last season (although the league certainly counts it) no one cares that Toronto had to sacrifice playing home games. You can put an asterisk beside our season if you want but again no one cares.

To answer your question it doesnít matter how the league views these players. Thatís speculation. Every gm and scout has a different perception. There is no unanimous league perception. What matters is the negotiation between the gm and agent and the deal thatís agreed on. The person I give most credit to here is Siakams agent because he won those negotiations. Kudos to him.
    No we are talking about the players. Youíre talking about the extensions.

And you donít think talent evaluators consider factors like we delt with last season? Iím 100% positive they do, and they donít just use basic stats like you are when formulating an opinion.

Meh.

Because you have 0 understanding of how the CBA works and all of your arguments stem from this broken understanding.
    Yes. Randle signed for less than the max because I donít understand the CBA.

He doesn't care about facts. He's just arguing based on feelings. He doesn't even understand how the max or the incentives work even though it was laid out to him after he requested to have a conversation about it. I knew he was going to do this that's why I didn't even bother to explain why it was wrong in the first place.
    Umm ok. Itís just my feelings that siakam is a more versatile defender than randle. Youíre doing great.

Thereís def feelings involved there lol, I mean who am I to get in the middle of a love affair. Letís let him be enamoured. Whatís the harm in it.

Pascal Öpascal
    Must be in love to make statements like ďsiakam is a more versatile defeneman than randleĒ or ďsiakams agent would still have gotten him the max after the bubble playĒ.

Wooo hooo! Iím basically riding him cowgirl at this point!

That sums it up well. So true, and I canít even lie I was one of those people for sure. I just know better now. And Siakam is still better than all those guys but I wonít over rate him just to make myself feel better like I did with Demar and even Gay. Bargnani was another level, I think he broke all our hearts lol
    I defended the **** out of DD. I just really wanted to see him win after being such a good raptor. Also Iím Italian so obviously I really wanted bargs to pan out.

Yes. Randle signed for less than the max because I donít understand the CBA.
    Randle got the max. You don't understand the CBA at all.

Umm ok. Itís just my feelings that siakam is a more versatile defender than randle. Youíre doing great.
    I don't care about your stupid argument about Randle. You're just a clown for crying about how you're trying to create conversation about Siakam's contract, when in reality you just want to drum up this debate about Randle. And yes you're in your feelings rn. You keep bringing in random **** I haven't even argued against/for.

I don't think there is any question that the Raptors have overpaid some of their own free agents. At this point it looks like a pattern and business plan more than a debate. Last significant UFA money they spent was DeMarre Carroll I believe. Who they had to attach picks to in order to get rid of. I think it is philosophically ingrained in the organization that they would much rather overspend and take care of the players they know and they like in the organization than overspend in unrestricted free agency (which often happens for most teams unless they are getting star level talent). Their patterns in player acquisition indicate they care a ton about work ethic, attitude, character, etc. I think they are for more comfortable projecting those players as meaningful contributors than UFA's they are less familiar with. So they choose to take care of them (for better or worse).

Page 81 of 89 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast