Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1333
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Cause Knicks were a higher rated defensive team lol
    All he stands on is that Randle is a black hole on defence but I donít see that being the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    All he stands on is that Randle is a black hole on defence but I donít see that being the case at all.
    I just think it is hilarious he thinks making the AS and all nba second team means Siakam should get the full 30% max. When Randle did the same thing but in his eyes Randle is "useless". Not a homer at all.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-16-2021 at 10:17 PM.

I just think it is hilarious he thinks making the AS and all nba second team means Siakam should get the full 30% max. When Randle did the same thing but in his eyes Randle is "useless". Not a homer at all.
    I donít think heís even looked at his production, admitting he didnít want to read them when I provided it. Donít know why Iím still entertaining this tbh lol

I donít think heís even looked at his production, admitting he didnít want to read them when I provided it. Donít know why Iím still entertaining this tbh lol
    Too lazy to do a deep dive on Randle but idk why people think he's a bad defender. I feel like people are listening to guys who don't even watch games (sports talk radio) or reading comments from the internet which are often quite hyperbolic (im guilty of this). The choices aren't all nba defender or trash. There's plenty of levels in between.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/video/tea...efense-1769479

The way he moves his hips is Marc Gasol-esque and his footwork is good. He probably loses focuses or ball watches too much or else we wouldn't be having this conversation but that's stellar stuff. I would imagine with a coach like Thibs where he is reined in a lot more, it is even better.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-16-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Also I was a huge derozan fan. That should be proof enough that I wouldnít write someone off for playoff flops or bad defence.

Derozan just signed for about what siakam is making (85X3). Who would you rather have if youíre trying to contend? Now tell me that any team trying to win a chip wouldnít love to be able to give siakam the max.
    Demars contract is 26/27.3/28.6 mill over the next 3 years. How is that about the same as 31.3/33.6/35.9? Iím glad youíre not my accountant bro lol

Demars contract is 26/27.3/28.6 mill over the next 3 years. How is that about the same as 31.3/33.6/35.9? Iím glad youíre not my accountant bro lol
    Just a couple mill man. Just shave a little off the top. He did the same with Randle lol. 23.8/25.7/27.6/29.5 vs 31/33/35.5/38

Too lazy to do a deep dive on Randle but idk why people think he's a bad defender. I feel like people are listening to guys who don't even watch games (sports talk radio) or reading comments from the internet which are often quite hyperbolic (im guilty of this). The choices aren't all nba defender or trash. There's plenty of levels in between.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/video/tea...efense-1769479

The way he moves his hips is Marc Gasol-esque and his footwork is good. He probably loses focuses or ball watches too much or else we wouldn't be having this conversation but that's stellar stuff. I would imagine with a coach like Thibs where he is reined in a lot more, it is even better.
    Heís no all NBA defender but heís no black hole either. And when you look at the roster make up, thereís no all nba lock down defenders or stoppers but as a collective Thibs has them playing some solid d. I just think Randle had a really strong season when you consider his 2nd and 3rd best players are a washed D Rose and a very young Barret. And maybe itís recensy bias but I feel like those who arenít giving the credit due is because they werenít really paying attention to the season he had and are just going by reputation I guess. Randle came down to earth in the playoffs much like Siakam did last year but he had a really strong season leading that team to the post season. Really they werenít that talented or deep.

Just a couple mill man. Just shave a little off the top. He did the same with Randle lol. 23.8/25.7/27.6/29.5 vs 31/33/35.5/38
    The irony is if Siakam was on those type of contracts Iíd def be happier with the deal. But he doesnít see the difference.

Heís no all NBA defender but heís no black hole either. And when you look at the roster make up, thereís no all nba lock down defenders or stoppers but as a collective Thibs has them playing some solid d. I just think Randle had a really strong season when you consider his 2nd and 3rd best players are a washed D Rose and a very young Barret. And maybe itís recensy bias but I feel like those who arenít giving the credit due is because they werenít really paying attention to the season he had and are just going by reputation I guess. Randle came down to earth in the playoffs much like Siakam did last year but he had a really strong season leading that team to the post season. Really they werenít that talented or deep.
    Honestly, if Randle or even Simmons was on the Raptors, people would be making the same arguments defending them. We're not that far removed from people writing essays on PSD/RGM/reddit about how Bargnani, Rudy Gay and DD are our saviors and why they deserve the max.

I still remember arguing with people saying DD >>>>> Harden.
    Last edited by ecart; 09-16-2021 at 10:35 PM.

Honestly, if Randle or even Simmons was on the Raptors, people would be making the same arguments defending them. We're not that far removed from people writing essays on PSD/RGM/reddit about how Bargnani, Rudy Gay and DD are our saviors and why they deserve the max.

I still remember arguing with people saying DD > Harden.
    Thatís why I think itís homerism. If Siakam was traded to the Warriors, our friend would forget about him like tomorrow lol

The irony is if Siakam was on those type of contracts Iíd def be happier with the deal. But he doesnít see the difference.
    Tatum makes less than Siakam but Masai saved money

So it doesnít matter if Siakam played poorly at the end of the regular season and piss poorly in the playoffs. The only thing that matters is the portion of the season he played well, and you conclude that he deserved more? When Iím showing you a player who bested him in every statistical cat last season and signed for less? Make it make sense for me bro.
    I conclude that he would have been eligible for more, and his agent would have still gotten him the max + incentives. That might change if I go back and read ecarts novel lol.

And yes I believe siakam has more value on the open market than randle. Proven winner, plays hard on both sides of the ball, humble, versatileÖ I think most contenders would prefer to have siakam on their roster than randle right now.
    I also think any team in the league would be happy to trade 30mil in contracts for siakam, but the same could be said about randle too.

Itís 50% of a MLE difference.

Thatís why I think itís homerism. If Siakam was traded to the Warriors, our friend would forget about him like tomorrow lol
    Siakam would be an absolute unit on the warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Itís 50% of a MLE difference.
    4.3 mill more in the first year
    6 mill more in the 2nd year
    7.3 mill more in the 3rd year

And thatís just comparing to Demar. You can compare to Tatum, Randle, Sabonis, theyíre all on better value deals.

Page 80 of 89 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast