Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 1809
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    That was by design though. And Paul was a dick too lol?
    He was ?

By six months. wow.

Raptors have the easiest SG job in the NBA and it isn't even debatable. If Bane was in Toronto, his production would be even better.
    6 months younger with pretty much the same counting stats. They’re comparable. Gary also longer with pedigree. I’m just pointing that they should be a wash.

The Nets don't care about fit lol. They're trying to maximize returns.
    They should. Whoever they trade for, that’s their team for the foreseeable future. No high draft picks for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You think they’re going to build around Simmons? I think hes next in line to force his way out.
    I think they have to. No one will trade for Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think they have to. No one will trade for Simmons.
    Depends on the asking price, but until he shows something on the court, hard to see them trading him at his lowest value before he has played an NBA game as a Net. He could recoup that value and entice some teams still. I think a team like Dallas for example would be desperate to give Doncic and all defensive running mate. Sacramento has been really bold lately in their moves. There are teams that would have some interest if he shows he can play like he did prior to this season.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Depends on the asking price, but until he shows something on the court, hard to see them trading him at his lowest value before he has played an NBA game as a Net. He could recoup that value and entice some teams still. I think a team like Dallas for example would be desperate to give Doncic and all defensive running mate. Sacramento has been really bold lately in their moves. There are teams that would have some interest if he shows he can play like he did prior to this season.
    I don’t see any team making an offer that will bring more value than Simmons actually playing for the nets. Again, they have no picks. They need to try to field the best team they can, and retain that talent for the next 8 years. Trading Simmons for roleplayer filler and picks would not be logical, and I can’t see any team offering a Simmons level talent in sxchange for him.

I don’t see any team making an offer that will bring more value than Simmons actually playing for the nets. Again, they have no picks. They need to try to field the best team they can, and retain that talent for the next 8 years. Trading Simmons for roleplayer filler and picks would not be logical, and I can’t see any team offering a Simmons level talent in sxchange for him.
    The only caveat to your point here would be if Nets have a trade for Durant on the table that they really like, but it involves a young player on the designated rookie max extension, so Simmons needs to go to allow the deal to happen (ie. a Heat deal centered around Adebayo). Aside from that circumstances, I agree. They need him playing on the court right now.

They should. Whoever they trade for, that’s their team for the foreseeable future. No high draft picks for a while.
    they can liquidate and get draft equity back. it really doesn't matter.

6 months younger with pretty much the same counting stats. They’re comparable. Gary also longer with pedigree. I’m just pointing that they should be a wash.
    six months is nothing and who solely looks at counting stats in 2022. Gary's efficiency is dreadful in comparison. pedigree cmon dude you're just grasping at straws rofl

might as well mention that Gary is a Raptor and Bane isn't. that's the real reason anyway.
    Last edited by ecart; 08-17-2022 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    He was ?
    Yeah. CP3 is known for being a bad teammate and an *******. So many of his ex-teammates have called him out. Rondo, Hollins, Martin, Davis etc. He is happy if you do everything he says and he is a petty ******* if you don't. Works well for some. Doesn't work well for others.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think it gets uglier before anything happens. If I had to guess, I'd say nothing is done prior to camp starting.
    idk depends on what he is doing behind the scenes. but they (execs) are all still on vacation so I don't really expect a big deal like this to happen anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I think he may. It would be an awkward training camp with him around. Unless of course they smooth things over with him.
    Yeah it will be a mess with all the media attention. It does seem like this will go into training camp.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Curry, Trae and Cade showed up to the Rico runs.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

six months is nothing and who solely looks at counting stats in 2022. Gary's efficiency is dreadful in comparison. pedigree cmon dude you're just grasping at straws rofl

might as well mention that Gary is a Raptor and Bane isn't. that's the real reason anyway.
    Hmm nope. It’s the age and the counting stats. I try to defer to stats when contemplating our players to remove bias. The stats are nearly identical, and Gary is younger so bane only being in his 3rd season is moot.

Imo they’re comparable.

Hmm nope. It’s the age and the counting stats. I try to defer to stats when contemplating our players to remove bias. The stats are nearly identical, and Gary is younger so bane only being in his 3rd season is moot.

Imo they’re comparable.
    The efficiency isn't comparable in the slightest. Bane has a 59.2 TS%. Gary 54.6%. League average was 56.6%. This is why if you normalize bane and gtj's minutes, Bane has a 22ppg and GTJ 18.9. This is also leaving out the context that Raptors have the easiest SG role in the league based on how we scheme.

And if you look at tracking stats to break down their %s based on play type and shot distribution, Bane destroys GTJ on literally everything.

The efficiency isn't comparable in the slightest. Bane has a 59.2 TS%. Gary 54.6%. League average was 56.6%. This is why if you normalize bane and gtj's minutes, Bane has a 22ppg and GTJ 18.9. This is also leaving out the context that Raptors have the easiest SG role in the league based on how we scheme.

And if you look at tracking stats to break down their %s based on play type and shot distribution, Bane destroys GTJ on literally everything.
    Yeah bane never has to create anything. We all know this. His role is 100% easier than GTjr. Maybe you can elaborate on how GTjr has an easier job than bane because I don’t see it. He had to create a lot of his own shots.

Regardless of those numbers still, one could argue (numbers) that GTjr is a better defender. You can have a favourite, I don’t like GTJr either. But the fact is they’re comparable.