Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 116 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1811
    Harden cares. He was the only guy on the Nets that sacrificed.
    Last edited by ecart; 08-11-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I’m of the opinion that the nets created this mess for themselves. It’s one thing to get high profile players, it’s another thing entirely to know their personality, their game style, and if they actually will work well together.

Take Kyrie for example. A player that was in the best position with the Cavs to win and cement a legacy. His ego drove him out. He landed in Boston which was a really great situation as well and he was suppose to help lead that team to contention. He pushed his way out of there too. What about that pattern made the Nets think this is our guy? A guy who pushed his way off two contenders for no apparent reason other than his own ego.

Then there’s KD. The ultra talented snake who pledges no loyalty to anyone. A guy that joined the team that just booted him out of the playoffs after his team was up 3-1. He’s spineless and a coward. I know that’s harsh. But it is what it is with KD.

Then there’s Harden. A guy I watched play for the rockets for years. Completely selfish, terrible playing style where he dominates the ball and goes 1-5 every chance he gets. A guy that shows up out of shape on purpose and is more concerned with which strip club to hit after the game.

If nothing else the nets should have saw this situation as a ticking time bomb. Yes the talent was there. No question. But these three guys are mental midgets and it was never going to work unless all three were willing to sacrifice and come together. That never happened.

It was a gamble. But not one with high odds. They took it and now the circumstances are what they are. I have no empathy for the nets. They’ve been doing this for years and it never pans out for them.
    disagree with Harden.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/5/...-iso-hero-ball
    Last edited by ecart; 08-11-2022 at 01:38 PM.

Now there is speculation that KD might hold out. I thought this was obvious after asking for his head coach and GM to be let go but apparently he loves the game so much, that he is still willing to show up and participate even after telling the team they are not it lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    Now there is speculation that KD might hold out. I thought this was obvious after asking for his head coach and GM to be let go but apparently he loves the game so much, that he is still willing to show up and participate even after telling the team they are not it lol.

yup he's no ben Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    yup he's no ben Simmons
    Do you think he gets traded before training camp?

“It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I think he may. It would be an awkward training camp with him around. Unless of course they smooth things over with him.

idk depends on what he is doing behind the scenes. but they (execs) are all still on vacation so I don't really expect a big deal like this to happen anytime soon.
    Last edited by ecart; 08-15-2022 at 03:58 PM.

I think it gets uglier before anything happens. If I had to guess, I'd say nothing is done prior to camp starting.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I think it gets uglier before anything happens. If I had to guess, I'd say nothing is done prior to camp starting.
    They could get an offer they cannot refuse at any point though. It’s just hard to imagine what that would look like. For example if Memphis decides they want to pair Durant with morant. They have the bullets. But… is Jackson/bane and all the picks and swaps all that much better than the raptors offer? In draft value sure, but the players aren’t so much better than what we have probably been offering this entire time, that we can assume the nets see it as a slam dunk.

I can see why they haven’t accepted the Brown offer from the Celtics though. I don’t see him as a great fit beside simmonds (defensively scary combo, but more scary than OG + simmonds defensively? Seems like a wash, before you consider any other pieces like GTjr or additional draft capitol). I can see why they wanted smart added to the deal. They would have a defensive identity.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    They could get an offer they cannot refuse at any point though. It’s just hard to imagine what that would look like. For example if Memphis decides they want to pair Durant with morant. They have the bullets. But… is Jackson/bane and all the picks and swaps all that much better than the raptors offer? In draft value sure, but the players aren’t so much better than what we have probably been offering this entire time, that we can assume the nets see it as a slam dunk.
    Yes.

Hell I would easily flip GTJ/OG for Bane/JJJ. Wouldn’t even think twice.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yes.

Hell I would easily flip GTJ/OG for Bane/JJJ. Wouldn’t even think twice.
    As would I. I do think Bane can be a bit overrated by some, but he is easily better than Trent IMO. I think JJJ is one of the most underrated players in the league right now. Easily take him over OG (who I also love). Where OG has a shot to make an All-defensive NBA team, I expect JJJ to make one of the teams every year moving forward… if healthy

If we wanted to match a JJJ/Bane package, I think the Raptors equivalent would probably be OG/Trent/Achiuwa

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I can see why they haven’t accepted the Brown offer from the Celtics though. I don’t see him as a great fit beside simmonds (defensively scary combo, but more scary than OG + simmonds defensively? Seems like a wash, before you consider any other pieces like GTjr or additional draft capitol). I can see why they wanted smart added to the deal. They would have a defensive identity.
    Brown is still better than what Raptors can offer at this point. You keep overvaluing OG and GTR.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    As would I. I do think Bane can be a bit overrated by some, but he is easily better than Trent IMO. I think JJJ is one of the most underrated players in the league right now. Easily take him over OG (who I also love). Where OG has a shot to make an All-defensive NBA team, I expect JJJ to make one of the teams every year moving forward… if healthy

If we wanted to match a JJJ/Bane package, I think the Raptors equivalent would probably be OG/Trent/Achiuwa
    Bang on. Agreed with all points.

JJJ is one of my fav young players in the league right now for sure. But you’re right it all comes down to health for him