Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah the hate is ridiculous and undeserved imo.
    Overall he offers a lot every time he is on the court. His production with the ball in his hands during the last minute of a close game has been rough this year though. Thatís what the average fans tend to remember...

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Overall he offers a lot every time he is on the court. His production with the ball in his hands during the last minute of a close game has been rough this year though. Thatís what the average fans tend to remember...
    Theyíve been trying to force him into that hole for 2 years now. He isnít that guy.
    Doesnít mean he doesnít deserve the max. Doesnít mean he canít be a top 3 best player on a championship team.

Heís an emotional guy too. He is not a robot. The fans being back eventually will be a nice boost for him imo.

I don't think it is average fans. Average fans are barely tuned in to be obsessive enough to complain on social media after every game. Just a vocal minority that are either too immature to deal with their emotions or have ****** lives so they're just bitter, sad people.

That just means heís not a closer. Honest Lowrys never been a closer either but donít remember him ever getting this much flack. Itís extreme

Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    I don't think it is average fans. Average fans are barely tuned in to be obsessive enough to complain on social media after every game. Just a vocal minority that are either too immature to deal with their emotions or have ****** lives so they're just bitter, sad people.
    yeah it seems like a bit of a punching bag scenario.

Theyíve been trying to force him into that hole for 2 years now. He isnít that guy.
    Doesnít mean he doesnít deserve the max. Doesnít mean he canít be a top 3 best player on a championship team.

Heís an emotional guy too. He is not a robot. The fans being back eventually will be a nice boost for him imo.
    Iím not crazy about his contract I donít think thatís a secret, but I agree with you here. And Iíve come to terms with the fact that if we didnít pay him that someone else would have.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That just means heís not a closer. Honest Lowrys never been a closer either but donít remember him ever getting this much flack. Itís extreme
    People were more mad at Bargs and BC for them to **** on Lowry. Only people ******** on Lowry were Calderon stans. Rudy was the punching bag for a couple months.

Then in the "We the North" era, it was just basically who performed bad for fans. So mostly guys like CJ, Ross, Patterson etc. Lowry and DD in the playoffs. Casey should have gotten more criticism but Toronto media babied him hard.

Brutal injury for Jamal Murray. Out for season by the looks of it...

On a "reverse standings" note. Washington with a big win over Utah last night.

Leafs fans who canít ***** about the leafs for now.

Normally Iíd say siakam needs to figure out how to handle/ignore it. But this season is especially rough because itís not countered by the insane love of a full stadium cheering you on.

Brutal injury for Jamal Murray. Out for season by the looks of it...
    They rushed him back too soon. They had a brutal schedule, they should have monitored him more strictly.

Leafs fans who canít ***** about the leafs for now.

Normally Iíd say siakam needs to figure out how to handle/ignore it. But this season is especially rough because itís not countered by the insane love of a full stadium cheering you on.
    He doesn't seem like a guy that cares about what fans write on social media anyway.

He doesn't seem like a guy that cares about what fans write on social media anyway.
    I worry when the fans take it into a darker, more racist area that I donít think anyone is equipped to ignore anymore.

I worry when the fans take it into a darker, more racist area that I donít think anyone is equipped to ignore anymore.
    I mean I don't think any of it literally gets to him. I don't think he's like Lowry/DD literally printing out pages of hate for motivation. Nor does he have family fighting ppl on social media and taking social media back home to him like CJ's wife. And I don't think he is a internet junkie like Ross so he's not lurking on Twitter or Reddit and accidentally reading these messages.

those fans have mental illness. Basketball is the least of their worries. If hatred and anger is involved, its way beyond basketball.

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast