Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 152
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,914
    That trade is interesting for the Hawks.

    Young
    Huerter
    Hunter
    Collins
    Capela

    That is a nice group of talent on paper in their starting 5.

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,950
    Rockets are always so data driven I fully expect this to work out in their favor.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    25,236
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    That trade is interesting for the Hawks.

    Young
    Huerter
    Hunter
    Collins
    Capela

    That is a nice group of talent on paper in their starting 5.
    + Redish

    I like the trade alot for the Hawks.

    I actually like it for Houston too. They'll end up with a defensive C who can rebound and that will suffice for them at the 5.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Rockets are always so data driven I fully expect this to work out in their favor.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I dont share the optimism. Everything has to go right for it to work IMO. It could put Tucker and RoCo vulnerable to injuries playing big matchups (that teams will definitely throw at them). It also drops them below the tax for the second consecutive trade deadline...for what it is worth.

    1 part confident optimism.
    1 part saving face
    1 part desperation

    I'm ok being wrong here, but I don't think that will prove true.
    Last edited by pebloemer; 02-05-2020 at 07:32 PM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,914
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    + Redish

    I like the trade alot for the Hawks.

    I actually like it for Houston too. They'll end up with a defensive C who can rebound and that will suffice for them at the 5.
    Reddish hasnt impressed me at all this year (I have Trae and Collins in fantasy, so I've been watching a bunch). I like the proposed starting 5 though. They are thin overall, but if they start surrounding the core with vets in their prime (ie. not Vince or Turner), they'll be fascinating next year. Trae needs to play smarter though.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,949
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Reddish hasnt impressed me at all this year (I have Trae and Collins in fantasy, so I've been watching a bunch). I like the proposed starting 5 though. They are thin overall, but if they start surrounding the core with vets in their prime (ie. not Vince or Turner), they'll be fascinating next year. Trae needs to play smarter though.
    Hard to see that team ever having playoff success, but you never know.

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,949
    I hope we face Houston in the finals lol.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,949
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    + Redish

    I like the trade alot for the Hawks.

    I actually like it for Houston too. They'll end up with a defensive C who can rebound and that will suffice for them at the 5.
    Who is this defensive C you speak of?

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,949
    This OG/Ibaka scarf-off has me in stitches.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,949
    Lol Houston traded for cabocolo.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,950
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I dont share the optimism. Everything has to go right for it to work IMO. It could put Tucker and RoCo vulnerable to injuries playing big matchups (that teams will definitely throw at them). It also drops them below the tax for the second consecutive trade deadline...for what it is worth.

    1 part confident optimism.
    1 part saving face
    1 part desperation

    I'm ok being wrong here, but I don't think that will prove true.
    I like it. They have absolutely torn up teams when capela was off the floor and now they are replacing him with a terrific defender and 3 point shooter. I love that they are leveraging what is working and cutting out what isnt.

    You could be right about the injuries though.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I like it. They have absolutely torn up teams when capela was off the floor and now they are replacing him with a terrific defender and 3 point shooter. I love that they are leveraging what is working and cutting out what isnt.

    You could be right about the injuries though.

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    I got no issue watching the experiences of other teams crash or succeed. The "all switching" Houston defense against the Warriors a few years back was a resounding success that fell short. I think they'll fall short in this experiment, but fascinated to see how it progresses.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,190
    Harden Capela pick and roll is a big part of their success against other WC contenders. This is what happens when you have an inexperienced and impatient owner trying to find immediate success.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,190
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I dont share the optimism. Everything has to go right for it to work IMO. It could put Tucker and RoCo vulnerable to injuries playing big matchups (that teams will definitely throw at them). It also drops them below the tax for the second consecutive trade deadline...for what it is worth.

    1 part confident optimism.
    1 part saving face
    1 part desperation

    I'm ok being wrong here, but I don't think that will prove true.
    PJ already has nerve damage lol and theyre still running him into the ground.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,689
    Siakam and Lowry are both on Team Giannis after the All Star Draft...imagine that

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •