Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lol a guy died and his friends and family are trying to find the best way to honor him and fill the void in their hearts. And you guys are judging whether he stacks up to your imaginary benchmarks and is worthy of all this praise. It's so unbelievably stupid.

It's like if a kid drowns and a school names a scholarship or library after them, you're not going to complain about the kid not having a 4.0 and how they stack up to other honor roll students.
    I tend to agree with this. It's difficult perceiving it any other way

lmfao imagine gatekeeping how people choose to grief. Yikes. "Because MJ didn't die first" JFC, what a garbage take.
    Look I could do a lot of things when I'm upset and almost all of them would look shortsighted with time. If you don't see that, that's totally fine.

Imagine if you are MJ and you hear this suggestion. "They are replacing the logo with Kobe? What am I dead? Oh, i suppose that's sort of the problem isnt it."

This has nothing to do with telling people how to grieve. I am confident that we have a level headed commissioner so this will never happen.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Iím really glad you said that actually. You prove the point. Nobody should be making a decision like what has been suggested during the grieving period. It would be an emotional decision.
    Exactly.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

lol a guy died and his friends and family are trying to find the best way to honor him and fill the void in their hearts. And you guys are judging whether he stacks up to your imaginary benchmarks and is worthy of all this praise. It's so unbelievably stupid.

It's like if a kid drowns and a school names a scholarship or library after them, you're not going to complain about the kid not having a 4.0 and how they stack up to other honor roll students.
    Itís actually not the same thing at all. Youíre really reaching. Grieve however you like. But not all of us feel the same way about the situation. Youíre doing the exact same thing youíre accusing us of. Youíre saying that weíre not allowed to move at our own pace, like we all have to grieve until you give us clearance to move on.

It's almost like that, without consideration for the much bigger picture. That's what happens when people are reactionary. I'm sure Silver will say something like let's revisit things in a years time or find a more appropriate gesture imo.

Itís actually not the same thing at all. Youíre really reaching. Grieve however you like. But not all of us feel the same way about the situation. Youíre doing the exact same thing youíre accusing us of. Youíre saying that weíre not allowed to move at our own pace, like we all have to grieve until you give us clearance to move on.
    How so? You're gatekeeping their kind gestures because you don't feel he is worthy of the praise due to some stupid arbitrary benchmark in your head. You and Jamie are both caught up debating his achievements. You're not grieving. You're having a stupid sports argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Look I could do a lot of things when I'm upset and almost all of them would look shortsighted with time. If you don't see that, that's totally fine.

Imagine if you are MJ and you hear this suggestion. "They are replacing the logo with Kobe? What am I dead? Oh, i suppose that's sort of the problem isnt it."

This has nothing to do with telling people how to grieve. I am confident that we have a level headed commissioner so this will never happen.

I understand people will say and do whatever when they're emotional. I myself don't agree with making him the logo. But "MJ didn't fie first" is probably the most asinine take I've read on PSD.

I understand people will say and do whatever when they're emotional. I myself don't agree with making him the logo. But "MJ didn't fie first" is probably the most asinine take I've read on PSD.
    That because you are not reading it properly. Having the logo redesigned in your likeness would be a big honor. And there are more deserving people of that honor and doing it for Kobe just because he happened to die in an unusual fashion - that is dumb.

How so? You're gatekeeping their kind gestures because you don't feel he is worthy of the praise due to some stupid arbitrary benchmark in your head. You and Jamie are both caught up debating his achievements. You're not grieving. You're having a stupid sports argument.
    Youíre doing it right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    That because you are not reading it properly. Having the logo redesigned in your likeness would be a big honor. And there are more deserving people of that honor and doing it for Kobe just because he happened to die in an unusual fashion - that is dumb.

I don't give a **** about the logo. I think it's a terrible idea too. I just think it's dumb that you're acting as if there's some objective benchmark for this. The logo doesn't have to represent the greatest basketball player ever. That's just something you've arbitrarily decided to make it about just like how some artist arbitrarily decided to model the logo after Jerry West.

Youíre doing it right there.
    Nope.

You're saying Kobe doesn't stack up to Jackie Robinson therefore he isn't worthy of X honor. You're making a sports argument as to why Kobe isn't worthy of that honor. I'm saying your criteria is completely arbitrary and your argument has nothing to do with grieving. That's not gatekeeping. I'm not telling you how to grieve. You're being disingenuous and basically trolling at this point.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-30-2020 at 10:29 PM.

I don't give a **** about the logo. I think it's a terrible idea too. I just think it's dumb that you're acting as if there's some objective benchmark for this. The logo doesn't have to represent the greatest basketball player ever. That's just something you've arbitrarily decided to make it about just like how some artist arbitrarily decided to model the logo after Jerry West.
    Jerry West is the goat lmao

I don't see the argument against him being the logo when he doesn't come close to Jordan or Magic etc either.. Just saying. I think they caught up

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

I don't see the argument against him being the logo when he doesn't come close to Jordan or Magic etc either.. Just saying. I think they caught up
    I mean the artist was randomly flipping through a basketball magazine and chose West because he liked how the picture looked. It wasn't because they or the NBA thought he was the GOAT. They just liked how it looked.
    Last edited by ecart; 01-31-2020 at 04:10 AM.

Nope.

You're saying Kobe doesn't stack up to Jackie Robinson therefore he isn't worthy of X honor. You're making a sports argument as to why Kobe isn't worthy of that honor. I'm saying your criteria is completely arbitrary and your argument has nothing to do with grieving. That's not gatekeeping. I'm not telling you how to grieve. You're being disingenuous and basically trolling at this point.
    Yup.

If you actually read the whole conversation, you would see it's not arbitrary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

The logo was created a decade before any of them got into the league. Why would there be any argument about that?

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast