Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1295
  1. #1036
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,257
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Yes. You'll see tighter ball handling and way more playmaking from him. He'll never develop a jumper since he has always had mobility issues with his hand/wrists. He would also be an injury risk. Significantly more mileage and pounding in today's pace and space games. I wonder what his conditioning would be like since even in Orlando it wasn't great.
    This is the era where MCGee is considered a good C right? Thatís why he was recruited to the US team? Yet you think Shaq would struggle.

    Donít get it man. Maybe youíve gone a little deep in this hypothetical situation?

    Iíd love to see your top 5 list of Cs regardless of era. With out even hearing the list Iím willing to bet all 5 would dominate this era.

    Youíre only looking through the lense of how the league has changed. I donít think youíre considering the fact that if those guys played today they would impact and change the league too.

  2. #1037
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,165
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    This is the era where MCGee is considered a good C right? Thatís why he was recruited to the US team? Yet you think Shaq would struggle.

    Donít get it man. Maybe youíve gone a little deep in this hypothetical situation?

    Iíd love to see your top 5 list of Cs regardless of era. With out even hearing the list Iím willing to bet all 5 would dominate this era.

    Youíre only looking through the lense of how the league has changed. I donít think youíre considering the fact that if those guys played today they would impact and change the league too.
    I think the issue is looking at guys like KAT and Drummond who would have owned the league then, and seeing them struggle to impact wins.

  3. #1038
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,257
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think the issue is looking at guys like KAT and Drummond who would have owned the league then, and seeing them struggle to impact wins.
    No they wouldnt bro. Drummond sucks, like for real dude sucks. Hes gonna be playing in China this year.

    Towns is a good offensive talent, but doesn't play a lick of defense. He would get owned in the 80's 90's.

    This conversations started with you saying that Giannis is the closest comp to Shaq. well Giannis just won it all.

  4. #1039
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,165
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    No they wouldnt bro. Drummond sucks, like for real dude sucks. Hes gonna be playing in China this year.

    Towns is a good offensive talent, but doesn't play a lick of defense. He would get owned in the 80's 90's.

    This conversations started with you saying that Giannis is the closest comp to Shaq. well Giannis just won it all.
    Closest impact comp. the way shaq dominated the 90ís is the way Giannis dominates the 2020ís.

    IE, the way to shaqís level of dominance on the boards, defensively, scoring in the paint etc has changed. Now you have to be a super long, crazy athletic guy who can shoot just enough to gain respect. Also you have to be able to hit some FT to stay on the court late in games these days. Also have to be able to share the rock (shaq was actually ok at this in his later years).

    Drummond - with a very similar skill set to shaq - is about to play in China so that should be a good example of how those guys are valued these dayís.

  5. #1040
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    This is the era where MCGee is considered a good C right? Thatís why he was recruited to the US team? Yet you think Shaq would struggle.
    lol what are you even getting at? No McGee is not considered a good C. No he was not recruited to team USA for that reason. No I never said Shaq would struggle.



    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iíd love to see your top 5 list of Cs regardless of era. With out even hearing the list Iím willing to bet all 5 would dominate this era.
    Why regardless of era? Like I said it's so hard to compare across eras. People talk so much about Wilt this and Wilt that and you watch the footage, learn the history and it's wack as ****. People don't even put a body on bigs in the restricted area back in those days. Like I'm just supposed to accept he's good period because a bunch of oldheads can't stop sucking his dick?

    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Youíre only looking through the lense of how the league has changed. I donít think youíre considering the fact that if those guys played today they would impact and change the league too.
    No ****, how else are you supposed to look at it. You can't even provide a single technical reason as to why they would impact and change the league. And no too big isn't an answer when you have a 6'9 mourning/hakeem anchoring the paint. You're just too much in your feelings about the past. People talk so much about players in the 80s and 90s and make them sound like these perfect players when in reality they made mistakes and had their flaws too. You go back and look at the footage and the mistakes they make are egregious and would be unheard of in today's era.

    This is supposed to be one of the best defensive bigs in the era, a "classic playoff game" between two defensive powerhouses and you have *******, bottom of the barrel defensive awareness like this. Don't make me dig up all those finals games where literally the whole defense is ball watching Jordan.

    https://youtu.be/GilQsS3oifM?t=1011
    Last edited by ecart; 07-28-2021 at 06:06 PM.

  6. #1041
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,165
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lol what are you even getting at? No McGee is not considered a good C. No he was not recruited to team USA for that reason. No I never said Shaq would struggle.





    Why regardless of era? Like I said it's so hard to compare across eras. People talk so much about Wilt this and Wilt that and you watch the footage, learn the history and it's wack as ****. People don't even put a body on bigs in the restricted area back in those days. Like I'm just supposed to accept he's good period because a bunch of oldheads can't stop sucking his dick?



    No ****, how else are you supposed to look at it. You can't even provide a single technical reason as to why they would impact and change the league. And no too big isn't an answer when you have a 6'9 mourning/hakeem anchoring the paint. You're just too much in your feelings about the past. People talk so much about players in the 80s and 90s and make them sound like these perfect players when in reality they made mistakes and had their flaws too. You go back and look at the footage and the mistakes they make are egregious and would be unheard of in today's era.

    This is supposed to be one of the best defensive bigs in the era, a "classic playoff game" between two defensive powerhouses and you have *******, bottom of the barrel defensive awareness like this. Don't make me dig up all those finals games where literally the whole defense is ball watching Jordan.

    https://youtu.be/GilQsS3oifM?t=1011
    The only thing I disagree about is wilt. The dude was a complete beast. Dwight strength but mobile and had scoring touch. He would not be having 100 point games or averaging 50, but he would have a place in the league today imo. I donít think we have seen a player since him with those types of physical tools. Tall, long, mobile, but still the strongest guy on the court at all times.

  7. #1042
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    The only thing I disagree about is wilt. The dude was a complete beast. Dwight strength but mobile and had scoring touch. He would not be having 100 point games or averaging 50, but he would have a place in the league today imo. I donít think we have seen a player since him with those types of physical tools. Tall, long, mobile, but still the strongest guy on the court at all times.
    Look at footage in the past bro. Defensive principles back then were so *******. If you don't d up on any modern big in the modern era, I don't care who it is, that's a gimmie. Also go look up real stories about Wilt, not the fake mythical ******** people spread. Look up how fake his 100 pts game was.

    Dude a lot of NBA players are tall, long, mobile. You still need skill. All this **** is as masturbatory as Yi's empty room workout on a plastic chair.

  8. #1043
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,257
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    lol what are you even getting at? No McGee is not considered a good C. No he was not recruited to team USA for that reason. No I never said Shaq would struggle.





    Why regardless of era? Like I said it's so hard to compare across eras. People talk so much about Wilt this and Wilt that and you watch the footage, learn the history and it's wack as ****. People don't even put a body on bigs in the restricted area back in those days. Like I'm just supposed to accept he's good period because a bunch of oldheads can't stop sucking his dick?



    No ****, how else are you supposed to look at it. You can't even provide a single technical reason as to why they would impact and change the league. And no too big isn't an answer when you have a 6'9 mourning/hakeem anchoring the paint. You're just too much in your feelings about the past. People talk so much about players in the 80s and 90s and make them sound like these perfect players when in reality they made mistakes and had their flaws too. You go back and look at the footage and the mistakes they make are egregious and would be unheard of in today's era.

    This is supposed to be one of the best defensive bigs in the era, a "classic playoff game" between two defensive powerhouses and you have *******, bottom of the barrel defensive awareness like this. Don't make me dig up all those finals games where literally the whole defense is ball watching Jordan.

    https://youtu.be/GilQsS3oifM?t=1011
    Iím in my feelings about the past ? Lol ok calm down

    Defensive bigs from the past in this era would have also come up in this era so why wouldnít they be capable of the more complex defences of today?

    I realize itís difficult to compare eras, itís a hypothetical scenario. I personally think thereís about 8-9 5s from the past that would dominate today. But thereís no right or wrong answer here, agree to disagree.

  9. #1044
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    2,865
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iím in my feelings about the past ? Lol ok calm down

    Defensive bigs from the past in this era would have also come up in this era so why wouldnít they be capable of the more complex defences of today?

    I realize itís difficult to compare eras, itís a hypothetical scenario. I personally think thereís about 8-9 5s from the past that would dominate today. But thereís no right or wrong answer here, agree to disagree.
    Can you honestly say you aren't? What tangible evidence do you have that they would be capable of playing a modern defence? I can look at a bunch of tapes and I can see with my own eyes that the awareness and athleticism isn't up to par.

    Ewing literally sees his teammate get beat by MJ still drops down with his back to him, even tho Smith is there and basically sets a moving screen for Jordan, preventing Smith from contesting. Yeah no, I'm gonna pull a Scully and not believe, Mulder.
    Last edited by ecart; 07-28-2021 at 08:26 PM.

  10. #1045
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,257
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Can you honestly say you aren't? What tangible evidence do you have that they would be capable of playing a modern defence? I can look at a bunch of tapes and I can see with my own eyes that the awareness and athleticism isn't up to par.

    Ewing literally sees his teammate get beat by MJ still drops down with his back to him, even tho Smith is there and basically sets a moving screen for Jordan, preventing Smith from contesting. Yeah no, I'm gonna pull a Scully and not believe, Mulder.
    Ofcourse not, I never saw Wilt or Kareem or Russell or Moses play. But I did watch Shaq, Hakeem, Robinson, hell even Duncan played a lot of C later in his career. And I know for certain those guys were elite and all had different things that made them special.

    You want me to sell you on what made Shaq special? You donít know? Again who would be able to defend him in a 7 game series ?? Gobert? embiid?

    I donít feel I need to get in to this because youíre basketball knowledge knows that Shaq was one of the most dominating players to ever play. But youíre getting caught up in the era argument and it really is hypothetical, you have no idea how Shaq would perform today, neither do I. But we both obviously have different opinions on.

    Hereís an interesting question, if Shaq was in the draft tmw and it was between he and Mobley who would you pick? Hereís a scouting report on Shaq https://backpicks.com/2018/03/29/bac...aquille-oneal/
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 07-28-2021 at 09:07 PM.

  11. #1046
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,165
    Quote Originally Posted by ecart View Post
    Look at footage in the past bro. Defensive principles back then were so *******. If you don't d up on any modern big in the modern era, I don't care who it is, that's a gimmie. Also go look up real stories about Wilt, not the fake mythical ******** people spread. Look up how fake his 100 pts game was.

    Dude a lot of NBA players are tall, long, mobile. You still need skill. All this **** is as masturbatory as Yi's empty room workout on a plastic chair.
    I think itís fair to say that wilt had skills.

  12. #1047
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    58,928
    Can't believe Ross is 30 now.

  13. #1048
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,165
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    Can't believe Ross is 30 now.
    Ugh I donít wanna think about that lol.

    Iím the same age as Sidney Crosby so his retirement is going to be emotional for all the wrong reasons.

    Lebron has 4 years on me but his balding head is menacing.

  14. #1049
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,257
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Ugh I donít wanna think about that lol.

    Iím the same age as Sidney Crosby so his retirement is going to be emotional for all the wrong reasons.

    Lebron has 4 years on me but his balding head is menacing.
    lol thats how I felt when Kobe retired

  15. #1050
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14,165
    https://youtu.be/bWkreOAxzYM
    ďSuggs played with better scorers at gonzaga then he will in his first year in OrlandoĒ
    Bahaha

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •