• Eagles - #WeForReal

1 100.00%
  • Vikings - #FudgeNuggets

0 0%
  • Tie - #BetterThanLosing

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    At least the Cowboys lost to the JETS LMAO.

And that's the end of Zack Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    The corners are a joke -- I actually think McLeod & Jenkins have been good, all things considered. If you put Harris/PP/Ramsey/Howard on one side, let a healthy Darby/Douglas/Jones/Le'Blonc fight for the 2nd spit, leave Maddox in the slot, I think you're OK. Shade a safety over to the 2nd corner + run with it.

You're 100% right that there were multiple plays where MIN had one, two or even 3 receivers running wide open. That can't happen. Brady would've hung 60 on us if he was MIN's QB.

D-Jax hurts, but what was plan B? I LOVE Howie, but this feels like one of those times when he just put all of the eggs in one basket unnecessarily. I don't get the JJ Arceda-Whiteside pick, especially with DK Metcalf & Terry MacLaurin on the board. We needed speed (and Metcalf is the same size as JJ) -- not more size. Hindsight is obviously 20/20, but that's just one example of an instance where I thought Howie could've added an insurance policy for D-Jax (again, he's missed games in each of the last 5 seasons).

Philip Dorsett is another example of a FA who we could've easily signed (1 year, $2.6M total, $500k guaranteed was the deal he signed with NE) given our current cap situation, who could've provided an insurance policy against D-Jax getting hurt. He's obviously not as talented, but again, he stretches the field + he's explosive with the ball in his hands.

Alshon is playing at 50%, so I'm going to give him a pass (mostly). He's at least contributing + catching the damn ball.

Ertz has been a disappointment -- multiple key drops, letting smaller defenders get inside position on him, stupid mistakes, etc. He needs to figure things out.

Goedert - especially against MIN - was impressive (and the better TE, IMO). I liked how he was aggressive and came up with some key catches. I think he had a drop in the RZ, but overall I thought he played consistently well when he was given snaps. Only other complaint was the run game, but there's a lot of blame to go around there.

NA - he's just costing himself money at this point. Every game he plays, his next contract gets smaller and smaller. Completely invisible, and once again, gave up on a route (watch the All-22 tape on that bomb from Wentz early in the 4th Q -- NA pulls up between the 10 & the 5, looks back + sees the ball, then tries to catch up. If he would've just finished the route strong, he would've had a TD).

The D-line was generally non-existent, except against the run (holding Dalvin Cook to ~3 yards per carry *should* be enough to get us the W). Need a real pass rush...
    I agree the corners are a joke but if you replace one side with Ramsey you then need to replace the other side with at least a quality starting corner those guys you mentioned have no business competing for a starting job.

Philip Dorsett is a guy the Eagles could have had easily but the guy hasn't done jack **** his entire career he's done nothing in New England as well.

What type of pass does Alshon Jeffery need he's nothing close to the 2013-2014 Alshon at this point he's a guy who can make some plays from time to time nothing more. He's too slow has lost almost all athletic ability he's no threat to defensive coordinators and after he catches the ball he's always looking for somewhere to fall down.

Ertz has been a disappointment with the drops and he's way too easy to bring down for a guy his size. Biggest problem with Ertz is defensive coordinators are really attacking him they are making him uncomfortable making sure he is not the player that's going to hurt them and rightfully so.

Who cares about Nelson he has been fazed out of the offense the past couple of weeks and he won't be on this roster past this season. The less touches he gets the better I would have kept Golden Tate over that piece of dog ****. I don't see how he's been here this long just a waste of roster spot. On top of that he's not even one of Howies guys which baffles me.

Everybody keeps blaming the D-line non stop and I agree to some point that they have been non existent but they are not the entire problem. How is the d-line the problem when quarterbacks are getting the ball out on their first read. That is not even realistic no d-line can get to the QB as bad as these corners cover. That ball was out of Cousin's hands to a wide open receiver almost instantly. On top of that the Vikings were max protecting. What are they supposed to do?
    Last edited by Philly Hammer; 10-15-2019 at 12:41 AM.

The d line has been impressive to me, especially Hassan Ridgeway. Ppl cry about the dline but our dline is near the top at stuffing RBs. They did what they had to and like zach brown said we got what we wanted in cousins throwing. But man Sidney Jones has broken my heart. I had such high Hope's for him but yikes. Douglas also shud switch to safety I dont know wttf hes waiting for. Hed make a sick free safety. Were seriously wasting Jenkins prime back there giving him 2 bums
    Last edited by Eagles4Lyfe; 10-15-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Agholor, if used right in the slot, can be a huge part to this offense.

Agholor, if used right in the slot, can be a huge part to this offense.
    The problem with that would be the price. He's making 9 million dollars IIRC and he's not worth that money to bring him back. See: Brandon Boykin, former slot corner as an alternative example.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    The problem with that would be the price. He's making 9 million dollars IIRC and he's not worth that money to bring him back. See: Brandon Boykin, former slot corner as an alternative example.
    I never said bring him back. Just commenting on the posts that people are claiming he's a waste "this" year.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Hammer View Post
    I agree the corners are a joke but if you replace one side with Ramsey you then need to replace the other side with at least a quality starting corner those guys you mentioned have no business competing for a starting job.
    I don't think any of that is actually true. If you have Ramsey effectively shutting down half of the field, a league-average corner with safety help over the top (Jenkins or McLeod) should be more than sufficient to handle a team's #2 receiver.

Philip Dorsett is a guy the Eagles could have had easily but the guy hasn't done jack **** his entire career he's done nothing in New England as well.
    I'm not saying he's some kind of stud WR, but I AM saying that if D-Jax is Plan A, and you don't have the money to get a "real" Plan B, then Dorsett is someone you should consider. He's cheap, and he's been OK in New England this season (15 Catches/197 Yards/3 TDs in 5 GP). That compares favorably to the Eagles' 4th/5th WRs (Hollins -> 10 Catches on 20 Targets, 125 Yards, 0 TDs; JJAW --> 2 Catches on 7 Targets, 14 Yards, 0 TDs; NA --> 23 Catches on 39 Targets, 230 Yards, 3 TDs). Again, I'm not saying he's the savior, but if the offense needs a deep threat (it does), and if you know D-Jax is injury prone (missed at least 1 game in each of the last 5 seasons), then it makes sense to bring in a cost-effective back-up who can assume that role.

What type of pass does Alshon Jeffery need he's nothing close to the 2013-2014 Alshon at this point he's a guy who can make some plays from time to time nothing more. He's too slow has lost almost all athletic ability he's no threat to defensive coordinators and after he catches the ball he's always looking for somewhere to fall down.
    Again, if your entire game is being explosively athletic, it's difficult to do that when you're playing on 1 leg. Let's get him 100% healthy and see how he looks then. Until then, at least he catches the ball.

Ertz has been a disappointment with the drops and he's way too easy to bring down for a guy his size. Biggest problem with Ertz is defensive coordinators are really attacking him they are making him uncomfortable making sure he is not the player that's going to hurt them and rightfully so.
    Ertz just needs to toughen up and make the difficult catches. That's what it comes down to for him. The ball is there. The talent is there. He needs to make the difficult play. For instance, on the INT against MIN, he let Alexander get inside position on him on a deep slant. That's not acceptable. The drops aren't acceptable, especially when the pass hits him in the hands. He only caught 4 of 9 targets against MIN, which isn't acceptable (and is only at 61% for the season - also unacceptable)

Who cares about Nelson he has been fazed out of the offense the past couple of weeks and he won't be on this roster past this season. The less touches he gets the better I would have kept Golden Tate over that piece of dog ****. I don't see how he's been here this long just a waste of roster spot. On top of that he's not even one of Howies guys which baffles me.
    Well, when he's being paid $9.38M and performing like a replacement-level receiver, that's a problem. If he's actually being used well, he should be a key part of the offense as a slot WR -- but that's not happening for some reason (injuries, poor performance, poor coaching/play design, combination thereof). He needs to figure things out and get back to being a mis-match in the slot that can win 1-on-1 battles against nickel corners and provide YAC potential on check-downs.

Everybody keeps blaming the D-line non stop and I agree to some point that they have been non existent but they are not the entire problem. How is the d-line the problem when quarterbacks are getting the ball out on their first read. That is not even realistic no d-line can get to the QB as bad as these corners cover. That ball was out of Cousin's hands to a wide open receiver almost instantly. On top of that the Vikings were max protecting. What are they supposed to do?
    That's a valid point against MIN, but looking at the season in totality, I do think there is a problem that we're not getting the same type of pass rush we had last season with Long + Barnett from Sweat, Hall + Curry. That's an issue. Cox has looked better these past 2 weeks, but he needs to do better at disrupting the pocket. Graham (honestly) looks like a man possessed, and he looks like he could be a dominant DT. Barnett has shown flashes of excellence, which is promising. Just needs to add consistency and play intelligently (no dumb penalties).

I never said bring him back. Just commenting on the posts that people are claiming he's a waste "this" year.
    Ah gotcha. I agree, he's got talent. But he desperately needs to just be in the slot where he can catch the ball in space.

"I wanna throw it 70 yards to Desean... Give the people what they want."

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Ah gotcha. I agree, he's got talent. But he desperately needs to just be in the slot where he can catch the ball in space.
    Absolutely. If we are at full strength, he's the top 2-3 slot guys in the league.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team

I'm so disappointed the Eagles didn't trade for Ramsey.

to be fair hes been waste his entire career minus the SB season

missing out on Ramsey stings and every report for weeks was we offered 2 firs so i wonder if him not wanting to have a new deal in place gave Howie pause? cant really fault him if thats the case when there are other cheaper CB's who can be had as a rental and still be a big help. Whats the deal with LeBlanc, can we expect him back anytime soon?

Absolutely. If we are at full strength, he's the top 2-3 slot guys in the league.
    not even close. wow.

Holy cow. Kupp Edelman and Crowder of the top of my head are leaps and bounds above him.
    I domt even think agholor is top 10. He's done absolutely nothing the last year and 6 games
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345