Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The positive take homes for me:

1) The defense is looking better and better every week - they still have plenty of problems but the young players are really improving and that's what matters most.

2) Jones is getting a lot of great experience out there. You can't learn these things on the sidelines and he's being forced to learn the hardest aspects of the game as QB without any of his best offensive weapons around him. I can't wait to see him continue to evolve and finally work with Saquan, Engram, Shep and Tate all together.

3) Slayton continues to impress me. He is becoming a fairly reliable receiver with hands that have become solid. With his speed, he's a major weapon for this offense.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Man, I could've sworn that this was by far the most attempts I've seen a QB throw into tight coverage, and apparently Next Gen Stats is backing me up. He had 15 tight coverage attempts, the most by a QB over the last two years. A rookie will obviously struggle in those conditions.

The Gilmore INT was really bad. He was totally fooled by their disguised coverage and failed to keep track of him on the sideline. The other two weren't so bad, more unfortunate than anything. He had his worst game of his career, but I don't think there's anything to be alarmed about there. The play calling was questionable to me for most of the game and I wish we would've shown some more balls. With a chance to tie the game, I still don't understand how we can run a RB screen on 3rd & 9 to a 3rd string at best RB.

Defense played much better than I expected them to, though. Carter looked damn solid out there.
    I will reserve my judgment on play calling when weíre finally fully healthy. I think when Barkley Tate Shep Engram and slayton are all on the field at the same time things will be more open play calling wise. Weíll see, also hard when not 1 WR could get open at all, they didnít respect the run at all which obviously makes sense with the trash we put out there. Hopefully saquon is back and maybe engram for the cards game, I think Shep will be out till at least the lions game.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Week 6: NY Giants at Patriots, Thursday Night Football

Sign
    A
    Running back

For ****s sake

If Barkley was healthy we would have won. If we had a decent RB we might have won or at least stuck it out longer.

No run threat and too much wasted time on 1st down play action. A BB defense ainít biting on that **** when youíve got a practice squad RB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Hilliman is garbage. No more of this guy please. Go sign a veteran.

They heard you.

Hilliman is ****ing awful.

But I liked how the defense looked for most of the game. You can see some improvements were made.

On offense I did not expect much but I still am high on Slayton, he had a couple of passes knocked out of his hands by great defensive plays.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    The positive take homes for me:

1) The defense is looking better and better every week - they still have plenty of problems but the young players are really improving and that's what matters most.

2) Jones is getting a lot of great experience out there. You can't learn these things on the sidelines and he's being forced to learn the hardest aspects of the game as QB without any of his best offensive weapons around him. I can't wait to see him continue to evolve and finally work with Saquan, Engram, Shep and Tate all together.

3) Slayton continues to impress me. He is becoming a fairly reliable receiver with hands that have become solid. With his speed, he's a major weapon for this offense.
    Been high on Slayton since the ore season.

Mark my word next Giants WR that will score a ton of TDís.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Been high on Slayton since the ore season.

Mark my word next Giants WR that will score a ton of TDís.
    Yeah Iím high on the kid too - especially since he seems to have overcome the yips.

You canít teach that 4.3 speed. And all of a sudden heís running clean, crisp routes and tracking down balls well with clean hands.

He is an absolute matchup nightmare for defensive coordinators. And if heís being used effectively to stretch the field, thereís a lot more room over the middle for a team deep in slot receiver talent.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    The team is playing much better after the first two games. The Tampa game re energized the team and the Giant fan base.....really putting a ton of pressure on DJ to be the savior of the franchise. Losing Barkley really limits how effective the offense can be.

Losing these games...IMO, could actually be a good thing. The team is learning together....injuries, adversity, the ups and downs from week to week.

Connelly had me really excited...that kid can play....he's a football player. But Olgetree played much better in this game so maybe he can get back to playing at a high level.

If we can get EE, Gallman, Shep and maybe Barkley back vs Ari then maybe we can get back on track and win a few games in a row.

No need to sign a vet....let these guys grow up together.....hopefully Hilliman will settle down and be more reliable.

The division is wide open now with the eagles and cowgirls being suspect af!

Sounds like they'll have Saquon and EE back for the game.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123