Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 471
  1. #166
    marychristine Guest
    *******. The lot of you.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,332
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    According to rhino17, yes.
    https://bestlifeonline.com/offensive-sayings/

    I think I have to start researching online before I go out each day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,204
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    https://bestlifeonline.com/offensive-sayings/

    I think I have to start researching online before I go out each day.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s a good rule of thumb!

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Lol not at all.
    You'll figure it out one day..
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Dude, just stop. You sound like a delusional idiot on this subject.

    Then again, why don't you tell us more about how you'd happily let your 14 year old daughter marry someone in their 30's (and how that isn't an example of pedophilia).



    Please show me where I said that. My issue is with this overall assumption by so many people that the employee must have knowingly made a racist gesture.

    ....and how else are threads started other than "clear the **** out of the blue"? Should I not start threads unless I'm directly involved in the subject at hand?
    Actually I'm probably better versed than 99% of this board on the subject. I have spent a lot of time reading research papers about this type of stuff. I dont get what it is you want me to tell you..

    That's what your argument is if you actually break it down. When someone flashed a white supremacy sign, why did they not research the guy or ask about his history, to ensure he was indeed trying to be racist? Why did they just assume so. The answer isnt very difficult. Because he straight up flashed a white supremacy sign. That's why. It could be a misunderstanding, sure, but if someone flips you off to your face most people aren't gonna sit there and research the guy, you're usually just going to react.

    Again, my argument is that this family's reaction was UNDERSTANDABLE. It is objectively understandable. Attacking them for reacting as such is a stupid standard to hold someone to.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Actually I'm probably better versed than 99% of this board on the subject. I have spent a lot of time reading research papers about this type of stuff. I dont get what it is you want me to tell you..

    That's what your argument is if you actually break it down. When someone flashed a white supremacy sign, why did they not research the guy or ask about his history, to ensure he was indeed trying to be racist? Why did they just assume so. The answer isnt very difficult. Because he straight up flashed a white supremacy sign. That's why. It could be a misunderstanding, sure, but if someone flips you off to your face most people aren't gonna sit there and research the guy, you're usually just going to react.

    Again, my argument is that this family's reaction was UNDERSTANDABLE. It is objectively understandable. Attacking them for reacting as such is a stupid standard to hold someone to.
    Your example reminded me of a bit from a Seinfeld episode in which a girlfriend saw Jerry potentially pick his nose in public when he was really just scratching the other side. Obviously picking your nose is gross, especially in public. Most people would react to this by questioning “did you pick your nose?” And get a response, if they react at all. In this case, the family is positive he picked his nose. The family has a typical reaction from the cancel culture though. Instances like this don’t shed light on white supremacy. It only sheds light on the ridiculous overreactions in our culture that many of us just role our eyes at.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Your example reminded me of a bit from a Seinfeld episode in which a girlfriend saw Jerry potentially pick his nose in public when he was really just scratching the other side. Obviously picking your nose is gross, especially in public. Most people would react to this by questioning “did you pick your nose?” And get a response, if they react at all. In this case, the family is positive he picked his nose. The family has a typical reaction from the cancel culture though. Instances like this don’t shed light on white supremacy. It only sheds light on the ridiculous overreactions in our culture that many of us just role our eyes at.
    It sheds light on you guys not understanding why someone would react to someone flashing a white power sign at them. Because it may mean something else.

    A lot of things may mean something else. A lot of people react to them based on what it is on the surface. This is very normal. I understand not agreeing with it, but expecting someone to just not react is just a non realistic approach.

    If that's the real reason for this topic then why use this example? Why not use the example of someone feeling cut off in traffic and honking his horn when really it was just a lane merge?

    You guys are just holding up a stupid *** standard but you cant see it because the other layer of this debate, the race aspect, has you entrenched on one side.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,332
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It sheds light on you guys not understanding why someone would react to someone flashing a white power sign at them. Because it may mean something else.

    A lot of things may mean something else. A lot of people react to them based on what it is on the surface. This is very normal. I understand not agreeing with it, but expecting someone to just not react is just a non realistic approach.

    If that's the real reason for this topic then why use this example? Why not use the example of someone feeling cut off in traffic and honking his horn when really it was just a lane merge?

    You guys are just holding up a stupid *** standard but you cant see it because the other layer of this debate, the race aspect, has you entrenched on one side.
    It actually feels as though you and others aren’t seeing the other side of things.

    Reacting to a middle finger is different than the ok sign. It’s a poor example since the middle finger has no other meaning besides its intention. The ok sign in this instance could have been used, appropriately I might add, to have either meaning given scenario.

    It’s not as much reacting to it, as that I’ve just found out recently of this other meaning, it’s the automatically assuming the worst with it. All we know is this family supposedly had their vacation ruined because of it and the employee fired. I just think in a so undefined gesture, a little precaution should be made before jumping to definitive conclusions on what is actually being done.

    This guy could’ve been extremely ignorant (like a lot of us here) on the meaning of the ok sign and now he is branded. The middle finger analogy isn’t even close to this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    It actually feels as though you and others aren’t seeing the other side of things.

    Reacting to a middle finger is different than the ok sign. It’s a poor example since the middle finger has no other meaning besides its intention. The ok sign in this instance could have been used, appropriately I might add, to have either meaning given scenario.

    It’s not as much reacting to it, as that I’ve just found out recently of this other meaning, it’s the automatically assuming the worst with it. All we know is this family supposedly had their vacation ruined because of it and the employee fired. I just think in a so undefined gesture, a little precaution should be made before jumping to definitive conclusions on what is actually being done.

    This guy could’ve been extremely ignorant (like a lot of us here) on the meaning of the ok sign and now he is branded. The middle finger analogy isn’t even close to this.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See, I'm gonna tell you why this is weird. Because you know hes not making an ok sign. I know it, you know it, even freaking splifftone knows it. When someone makes an ok sign you can tell from their body language they are saying ok. People dont sneak in an ok at the last second of a picture. That's not how oks work.

    Why are you even suggesting that as a possibility? If the only two choices are white supremacy vs ok, what would be the odds on that? Like 25 to 1? Yet you're somehow under the ridiculous assumption that him giving an ok is just as likely as it meaning white power?

    It could have been a number of things. But when I read a post like this, it just tells me the person is being disingenuous. You know god damn well he ain't saying ok, lmao, cmon man
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Did you guys even watch the video? It looks pretty bad..
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,332

    Family outraged after Universal Studios character made ‘OK’ white power signal

    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    See, I'm gonna tell you why this is weird. Because you know hes not making an ok sign. I know it, you know it, even freaking splifftone knows it. When someone makes an ok sign you can tell from their body language they are saying ok. People dont sneak in an ok at the last second of a picture. That's not how oks work.

    Why are you even suggesting that as a possibility? If the only two choices are white supremacy vs ok, what would be the odds on that? Like 25 to 1? Yet you're somehow under the ridiculous assumption that him giving an ok is just as likely as it meaning white power?

    It could have been a number of things. But when I read a post like this, it just tells me the person is being disingenuous. You know god damn well he ain't saying ok, lmao, cmon man
    Unlike you, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt in not following my posts here. I’ve been saying that I’ve known this display as part of the circle game where people make the ‘ok’ sign.

    Never said he was doing the “everything is ok” sign.

    Circle game.

    Also did watch the video, if you know anything about the game (which again, I guarantee more people knew about that game than they did this white supremacy meaning PRIOR to these recent events) that character changing his hand to gesture that symbol would fall in line exactly with the game. It’s not damning at all. Even the expert or whatever the hell she was admitted it can be used opposite the hate symbol in a sense of trolling (which I relate closer to the game).

    I think down the line the more and more people are made aware of what this symbol has transformed into the less you’ll see it used and the more, when it is used, it can be clearly defined as used in a hateful way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by koldjerky; 10-17-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    40,332

    Family outraged after Universal Studios character made ‘OK’ white power signal

    Another thing I want to add is in the video it states the OK symbol has changed meaning years ago.

    Years can be taken meaning anything beyond one year technically but I’m sure using that phrasing will have people thinking it was for a very long time.

    This started in 2017. This is a new thing. And since this event happened back in March it’s possible this thing was barely over a year old.

    To take something that had two longer standing meanings (I’ll admit that doing the ‘everything is ok’ meaning can be taken out of this event) and immediately connect it to this hate usage, is disingenuous. Not necessarily because the guy couldn’t have been using it that way but this thread itself is evident that it’s not a widely known thing even two years later. How is it fine to automatically assume this guy was using it as the and even if he didn’t use it, he should have known better?

    I was semi joking about the post I made before with links of phrases people use that have derogatory origins, but it’s true in that there are things that many people aren’t aware of different/true meanings. You can’t damn them all because of their ignorance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Unlike you, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt in not following my posts here. I’ve been saying that I’ve known this display as part of the circle game where people make the ‘ok’ sign.

    Never said he was doing the “everything is ok” sign.

    Circle game.

    Also did watch the video, if you know anything about the game (which again, I guarantee more people knew about that game than they did this white supremacy meaning PRIOR to these recent events) that character changing his hand to gesture that symbol would fall in line exactly with the game. It’s not damning at all. Even the expert or whatever the hell she was admitted it can be used opposite the hate symbol in a sense of trolling (which I relate closer to the game).

    I think down the line the more and more people are made aware of what this symbol has transformed into the less you’ll see it used and the more, when it is used, it can be clearly defined as used in a hateful way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok, that's good to hear. I thought you legit thought this guy was saying ok
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    30,258
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Another thing I want to add is in the video it states the OK symbol has changed meaning years ago.

    Years can be taken meaning anything beyond one year technically but I’m sure using that phrasing will have people thinking it was for a very long time.

    This started in 2017. This is a new thing. And since this event happened back in March it’s possible this thing was barely over a year old.

    To take something that had two longer standing meanings (I’ll admit that doing the ‘everything is ok’ meaning can be taken out of this event) and immediately connect it to this hate usage, is disingenuous. Not necessarily because the guy couldn’t have been using it that way but this thread itself is evident that it’s not a widely known thing even two years later. How is it fine to automatically assume this guy was using it as the and even if he didn’t use it, he should have known better?

    I was semi joking about the post I made before with links of phrases people use that have derogatory origins, but it’s true in that there are things that many people aren’t aware of different/true meanings. You can’t damn them all because of their ignorance.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well if the lady is looking through her picture later and it jumps out to her as a white power sign, then clearly SHE is familiar with it, and it would certainly make sense why she would react the way she did.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,220
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It sheds light on you guys not understanding why someone would react to someone flashing a white power sign at them. Because it may mean something else.

    A lot of things may mean something else. A lot of people react to them based on what it is on the surface. This is very normal. I understand not agreeing with it, but expecting someone to just not react is just a non realistic approach.

    If that's the real reason for this topic then why use this example? Why not use the example of someone feeling cut off in traffic and honking his horn when really it was just a lane merge?

    You guys are just holding up a stupid *** standard but you cant see it because the other layer of this debate, the race aspect, has you entrenched on one side.
    Being cut off in traffic is actually the perfect example. If you feel offended by someone cutting you off, you honk the horn at them and maybe flip them off. That’s where it ends. This situation would be the equivalent of a driver for a large company cutting someone off, except you didn’t see it at the time. The passenger was videoing in the car and when watching the video, you noticed the driver cutting you off. So you contact his company and he’s terminated. Do you not see anything wrong with that situation?

    Like I asked someone else, do you actually believe there’s some kind of secret white supremacy group that needs to keep things on the down low so they make secret symbols of hate to somehow mess with black people? Let’s say this guy is/was a racist, what do you believe his intentions were to secretly troll a black family on vacation while wearing an outfit of a cartoon character? Not to mention, if a simple symbol can have such an impact on a family to “mar their vacation in hate,” what’s to stop every white supremacist from just walking around constantly making that symbol?

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •