Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 471
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,727
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Too late. I've already infiltrated your barrier.

    #inb4muslimban , lol
    No shot. You don’t even know the secret whitey handshake.

  2. #227
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,854
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    It's not simpleton, its actually complex. We are all subject to influences around us. Theres no one sole reason you chose this article, but it fitting into the overall majority vs minority divide, and how that's lead to things like jussie smollett, is in my opinion a major factor.
    More verbal diarrhea. Nothing you're saying is anywhere near complex. It's as simple as, "you, a white man, disagree with me, a Pakistani man, about a situation involving a mixed race family. Therefore you are racist."

    That is my explanation as to why you guys are holding this family to such a ridiculous standard. If there were no other outside factors, then I highly doubt you guys would sit here and "roll your eyes" at this family for pointing out a person clearly making a white power sign, regardless if it was intentional or not.
    Your explanation is trash. Try speaking to me directly instead of lumping me in with whatever moustache twirling group you imagine me to be a part of. I've already told you that I have no issue with the family in question bringing up their concern to Universal and looking to get some sort of answers and (if appropriate) justice.

    You say the person was "clearly making a white power sign". No, he was clearly making a gesture that can be interpreted as a white power sign. If that was his intent, he deserves catching heat. If not, than he probably didn't deserve much more than a warning along with some sensitivity training by his superiors. You can (and obviously will) think whatever you want about how I've reacted to this story but it sure as hell doesn't mean you are correct. The race of the family in question (in this case a white father and black mother, with mixed children) has nothing to do with my reaction.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  3. #228
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,854
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    You're really tripping. I never said the employee was being racist. I said the sign is racist, and if the lady knows that sign as being that, then its understandable she will say something about it.
    I'm not tripping at all. Try taking a look in the mirror, Mr. Pedophilia Can Be Okay But Don't You Dare Tell Me This Gesture Shouldn't Always Be Seen As A Racist Attack.

    You're describing "everyone and their mother" as me and third party onlookers? What did I do? What 3rd party onlooker? No one reacted the way you're seemingly imagining we did. That's why I'm confused.
    You're seemingly always confused. There's only so much effort I can put in to trying to help; especially when it's becoming more and more obvious that talking sense to you on certain topics is akin to having a philosophical discussion with a brick wall.

    What did you do? You're calling myself and others racist (in a roundabout but 100% transparent fashion) because we think this whole faux outrage culture is getting out of hand. There are countless people that think everyone is aware of this new reason to flash the "okay" hand sign and that anyone who flashes it is attempting to spread hate and/or should be made an example as such regardless. Do you want a list of their names and addresses or what? People are making a mountain out of a mole hill in what is a very ambiguous situation; there is no denying this.

    It's especially ridiculous coming from you since you weren't even aware of the dark connotations with this gesture until I told you about it all of ten ****ing days ago. Let's say a picture of you flashing this symbol at work two weeks ago was unearthed and led to you being fired. Would you be calling us all ignorant racists if we were to stand up for your right to a "fair trial" of sorts? Would you simply shrug and say, "it's a known racist gesture and I don't deserve your concern or support"?

    I don't think so.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  4. #229
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,854
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I see. So at what point of this evolution of the sign does it become acceptable to assume it as racist? I cant believe you guys are blind to this point I'm making. Does the sign have to have been used by an army during a world war? So does that make any kkk sign as ridiculous to assume as racist since it wasn't plastered on submarines?

    No matter how you slice it, one of the meaning of that sign is racist. If someone is familiar with this and sees someone flash it at them, its understandable that they may react accordingly. I dont understand how you cant see that. Yes, maybe they are wrong, maybe it's better not to assume anything, but again it should be quite objectively and clearly understandable why they did so. The logic should be objectively very easy to follow. I dont get how you guys cant follow it.
    My goodness. No one is blind to the point you're attempting to make. Give it a rest with this pathetic crutch you always use of, "they disagree with me, therefore I must be going way over their heads". It's disingenuous and transparent af and only stifles the conversation at hand.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28,663
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    This is absurd to me.

    So if you hold up a sign that says something racist it means the sign is racist but you’re not?

    If you think the sign is racist then I’d say it’s safe to assume the person holding up the sign is also racist.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    But the person holding it up may not be aware of what hes holding up. He made a racist symbol, that's just a fact, theres nothing to debate about it. The thing is, may not have meant it. He may have meant it as something else, may have meant nothing at all, etc.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28,663
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    You have to wonder if some of the extreme oversensitivity is due to the campfire ghost stories people heard at night about KKK and Nazis and whatever. As usual though, these people vote with their feet: if white people were so inherently dangerous then there wouldn't be a rush for non-whites to enter any and every white country.
    That's why trumps make america white again movement was so successful, lol
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28,663
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More verbal diarrhea. Nothing you're saying is anywhere near complex. It's as simple as, "you, a white man, disagree with me, a Pakistani man, about a situation involving a mixed race family. Therefore you are racist."



    Your explanation is trash. Try speaking to me directly instead of lumping me in with whatever moustache twirling group you imagine me to be a part of. I've already told you that I have no issue with the family in question bringing up their concern to Universal and looking to get some sort of answers and (if appropriate) justice.

    You say the person was "clearly making a white power sign". No, he was clearly making a gesture that can be interpreted as a white power sign. If that was his intent, he deserves catching heat. If not, than he probably didn't deserve much more than a warning along with some sensitivity training by his superiors. You can (and obviously will) think whatever you want about how I've reacted to this story but it sure as hell doesn't mean you are correct. The race of the family in question (in this case a white father and black mother, with mixed children) has nothing to do with my reaction.
    If that's what you're reading my words as then yes its simple. But that's not what I'm saying. You can read what I'm saying in my post

    He was making a gesture which can be interpreted as white power. That's what I mean when I say clearly making a white power sign. As in it was a sign clearly made, and the sign has an accepted meaning of white supremacy.

    Ok, I'll speak to you directly. Tell me exactly what bothers you IN this story. I understand you said it has to do with this culture of jumping to conclusions, but who jumped to conclusions? It seemed to be you guys concluding the guy was fired for no reason.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    28,663
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'm not tripping at all. Try taking a look in the mirror, Mr. Pedophilia Can Be Okay But Don't You Dare Tell Me This Gesture Shouldn't Always Be Seen As A Racist Attack.



    You're seemingly always confused. There's only so much effort I can put in to trying to help; especially when it's becoming more and more obvious that talking sense to you on certain topics is akin to having a philosophical discussion with a brick wall.

    What did you do? You're calling myself and others racist (in a roundabout but 100% transparent fashion) because we think this whole faux outrage culture is getting out of hand. There are countless people that think everyone is aware of this new reason to flash the "okay" hand sign and that anyone who flashes it is attempting to spread hate and/or should be made an example as such regardless. Do you want a list of their names and addresses or what? People are making a mountain out of a mole hill in what is a very ambiguous situation; there is no denying this.

    It's especially ridiculous coming from you since you weren't even aware of the dark connotations with this gesture until I told you about it all of ten ****ing days ago. Let's say a picture of you flashing this symbol at work two weeks ago was unearthed and led to you being fired. Would you be calling us all ignorant racists if we were to stand up for your right to a "fair trial" of sorts? Would you simply shrug and say, "it's a known racist gesture and I don't deserve your concern or support"?

    I don't think so.
    Haha, I'm not calling you racist, im saying just be a little self aware of your own motivation in this thing. Your motivation is apparent because of your reasoning.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    39,943
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I see. So at what point of this evolution of the sign does it become acceptable to assume it as racist? I cant believe you guys are blind to this point I'm making. Does the sign have to have been used by an army during a world war? So does that make any kkk sign as ridiculous to assume as racist since it wasn't plastered on submarines?

    No matter how you slice it, one of the meaning of that sign is racist. If someone is familiar with this and sees someone flash it at them, its understandable that they may react accordingly. I dont understand how you cant see that. Yes, maybe they are wrong, maybe it's better not to assume anything, but again it should be quite objectively and clearly understandable why they did so. The logic should be objectively very easy to follow. I dont get how you guys cant follow it.
    I’m saying he could’ve been ignorant to it and there were posters in here claiming he should’ve known. More incidents like this happen and then more people will know thus less likely to claim ignorance.

    A dude got fired over what very well could’ve been a misunderstanding/misinterpretation.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    39,943
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If that's what you're reading my words as then yes its simple. But that's not what I'm saying. You can read what I'm saying in my post

    He was making a gesture which can be interpreted as white power. That's what I mean when I say clearly making a white power sign. As in it was a sign clearly made, and the sign has an accepted meaning of white supremacy.

    Ok, I'll speak to you directly. Tell me exactly what bothers you IN this story. I understand you said it has to do with this culture of jumping to conclusions, but who jumped to conclusions? It seemed to be you guys concluding the guy was fired for no reason.
    Why do you think he was fired?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East of the Sun, West of the Moon
    Posts
    29,868
    Company like Disney has to protect its public image. End of thread.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,727
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If that's what you're reading my words as then yes its simple. But that's not what I'm saying. You can read what I'm saying in my post

    He was making a gesture which can be interpreted as white power. That's what I mean when I say clearly making a white power sign. As in it was a sign clearly made, and the sign has an accepted meaning of white supremacy.

    Ok, I'll speak to you directly. Tell me exactly what bothers you IN this story. I understand you said it has to do with this culture of jumping to conclusions, but who jumped to conclusions? It seemed to be you guys concluding the guy was fired for no reason.
    It’s a news story because people jumped to conclusions. I’d be willing to bet it wasn’t Universal nor the cartoon dude that contacted the media over this and the family didn’t contact the media nor the corporation just to get a second opinion on what “might be” an inappropriate gesture. They contacted the media because they came to that determination on their own.

    No one here said the cartoon dude was fired for no reason. In fact several people have said, we don’t know why he was fired or even if he was. But we also don’t know if he’s done anything in his past that would make one believe he’s a white supremacist. In other words, it’s a non story without additional info. However, I will say that given very recent history, we should be mindful of any media stories regarding race. I mean there have been several that have false stories or flat out lies in which several people in the media jumped to the same conclusions as in this story.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,727
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, I'm not calling you racist, im saying just be a little self aware of your own motivation in this thing. Your motivation is apparent because of your reasoning.
    He’s not calling you a racist... just that you’re white and probably don’t realize you are racist.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,854
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If that's what you're reading my words as then yes its simple. But that's not what I'm saying. You can read what I'm saying in my post

    He was making a gesture which can be interpreted as white power. That's what I mean when I say clearly making a white power sign. As in it was a sign clearly made, and the sign has an accepted meaning of white supremacy.

    Ok, I'll speak to you directly. Tell me exactly what bothers you IN this story. I understand you said it has to do with this culture of jumping to conclusions, but who jumped to conclusions? It seemed to be you guys concluding the guy was fired for no reason.
    Dude: learn to read. You've asked me this same question numerous times and I've answered it numerous times. It's obvious you either don't approve of or don't understand my responses but I'm not going to repeat myself a million times to cater to your inability to follow a basic conversation.

    No **** he made a gesture which can be interpreted as white power. That's like the most basic aspect of this story and you keep repeating it over and over as if it's some revelation that only you are able to grasp.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

  15. #240
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    43,854
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Haha, I'm not calling you racist, im saying just be a little self aware of your own motivation in this thing. Your motivation is apparent because of your reasoning.
    Sure you're not, sport. You may think you're super clever but you certainly aren't fooling me (or anyone in this thread for that matter).

    As for the rest of your post: my goodness are you full of ****.

    "there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •