Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I was fine not going that far into right/ left wing politics on this thread. I do believe what lebron did should annoy both the left and the right. I am interested to see how hard the right wind media goes at him next time he goes after trump for some meaningless tweet (meaningless in relation to whats going on in Hong Kong)
    I think everyone should be annoyed for very obvious reason. I would say Iím interested as well but it would be a half truth. I donít particularly care what either sides thoughts are on it but I am interested in seeing how the polarization of the country continues to grow and whether or not an old theory from college will play out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So does my not liking anything he's done since he met Kim make me more liberal?
    No just means you see her coochie for what it is poisonous.

Look's Like Silver's NBA is losing substantial money due to the China situation:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...na-substantial

From the article:

"The losses have already been substantial," Silver said at the Time 100 Summit, in his first public comments about the NBA's relationship with China since he returned to the U.S. from China earlier this week. "Our games are not back on the air in China as we speak, and we'll see what happens next.

"I don't know where we go from here. The financial consequences have been and may continue to be fairly dramatic."
    How About you and the hypocrites in your league go to hell? Just a thought
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Look's Like Silver's NBA is losing substantial money due to the China situation:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...na-substantial

From the article:

How About you and the hypocrites in your league go to hell? Just a thought
    "We were being asked to fire him, by the Chinese government, by the parties we dealt with in government and business. We said there's no chance that's happening. There's no chance we'll even discipline him," Silver said at the TIME 100 Health Summit on Thursday.
    https://www.si.com/nba/2019/10/17/ch...jPS4L2cb8dDNmE

The smartest thing Silver could do is back out of anything else NBA related in China. They've (Chinese gov't) already shown a willingness to block/remove their games in China, cancel any scheduled games and with that last article wanted a private business to fire a employee for speaking his mind.

This has now grown beyond the point of a simple business deal. Straddling the middle ground will just piss of all parties involved.
    Broncos be like:

LeBron saying he doesn't want to start a word or sentence feud against a guy with an MBA from MIT and then calling him uneducated in the same statement was legendary!

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Why are you trying to talk to sense to stylez* and some random dupe account named Farty Farts?

And I actually agree with a lot of what stylez has been saying but then he goes bashing the left while not being smart enough to realize the right do this **** just as much if not more than

Damn it, now Iím doing it too.
    lol typical lef.....you know what. someone has a better argument, a correct argument and just happens to disagree with everything you stand for so now they are a bot or an alt. you should probably look into a mirror and come to some realization that you spend too much time on here if you think anyone you havent interacted with is a "dupe". says truthfully more about you than anyone else.

Think weíve found the incel.

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    The smartest thing Silver could do is back out of anything else NBA related in China. They've (Chinese gov't) already shown a willingness to block/remove their games in China, cancel any scheduled games and with that last article wanted a private business to fire a employee for speaking his mind.

This has now grown beyond the point of a simple business deal. Straddling the middle ground will just piss of all parties involved.
    This is what all businesses that get involved with China leads to eventually - the ethical dilemma.

You try to do business with the Devil and you'll eventually get burned and be asked to sell your soul. This happens to every international businessman or company that wants a piece of that blood money.

NBA should grow some balls and give China the middle finger and pull out and establish itself in the rest of Asia - Taiwan, Korea, Japan, India, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, etc would love to give to have the league do more business with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    This is what all businesses that get involved with China leads to eventually - the ethical dilemma.

You try to do business with the Devil and you'll eventually get burned and be asked to sell your soul. This happens to every international businessman or company that wants a piece of that blood money.

NBA should grow some balls and give China the middle finger and pull out and establish itself in the rest of Asia - Taiwan, Korea, Japan, India, Vietnam, Thailand, Philippines, etc would love to give to have the league do more business with them.
    would be a step in the right direction... but it wouldnt happen instantly. Also- aside from nba revenue.... China controls tons of endorsements for players. Adam Silver and the NBA have no control over those contracts.

I dont expect the nba or the vast majority of businesses to pass on Chinas revenue. I expect people to consider the real reasons a player is choosing to take a side in politics because it usually isnt because they are courageous and feel strongly about the issue. (How many players came out and contested the verdict on the Kate Steinle shooting?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    LeBron saying he doesn't want to start a word or sentence feud against a guy with an MBA from MIT and then calling him uneducated in the same statement was legendary!
    lol. couldn't even say war of words. what a dumb mofo

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    some causes are real some arent. dont dump a fake one and then expect others to look up his other work when you hang the fake one at there as an accomplishment. its not rocket science.

let me try. ill go donate money then rob a bank. the cause being to line my pockets with cash. guess in court i should get a pass since i did one good thing, a real thing, a real cause but the cause for my pocket was fake. good cancels out fake right?
    You took one example. What about the others. Would you like me to compile a list of celebrities that help with all their causes? Or do you get the point? Ignorance really is bliss. Ce la vi fart in the wind.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 10-18-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You took one example. What about the others. Would you like me to compile a list of celebrities that help with all their causes? Or do you get the point? Ignorance really is bliss. Ce la vi fart in the wind.
    celebrities/ athletes do a lot of positive things. They do it to gain popularity, and in most cases they wouldnt even consider doing it if there was a chance it could negatively impact their image. They don't do it because they care about the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    celebrities/ athletes do a lot of positive things. They do it to gain popularity, and in most cases they wouldnt even consider doing it if there was a chance it could negatively impact their image. They don't do it because they care about the cause.
    Yeah, thatís complete ********. Do some people (celebrity or not) do things to make themselves look better without actually caring of the cause? Sure. Do they do things only to make themselves look better while never caring about any of causes that they help? Not a chance.

What a stupid belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Yeah, thatís complete ********. Do some people (celebrity or not) do things to make themselves look better without actually caring of the cause? Sure. Do they do things only to make themselves look better while never caring about any of causes that they help? Not a chance.

What a stupid belief.
    This feels like a situation where people are projecting onto celebrities. "This is what I would do in their situation, so it must by why they are doing it too."

Like the boyfriend who constantly accuses his girlfriend of cheating, only to find out he was cheating the whole time.

Now replace "girlfriend" with "political opponent" and "cheating" with "illegal servers".

Relax, it's a joke.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast