Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Where did this come from, why all the hostility towards China? China is probably one of the most economically sound countries when it comes to basketball but also for the NBA as a whole
    People would like to think that using our freedom of speech to advocate freedom of speech should not be attacked by a fascist government or lambasted by our domestic peers- even if the economically sound country is good support for the NBA as a whole. Everyone has their opinions- but thats where the hostility comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Where did this come from, why all the hostility towards China? China is probably one of the most economically sound countries when it comes to basketball but also for the NBA as a whole
    Nazi Germany at one point was a great trading partner and ally to have as long as you ignored their human rights violations, mass slaughter of minorities that they disagreed with, international bullying, and threatening all of their neighbors. China is going to get their comeuppance eventually either economically when the rest of the world get tired of their belligerence, or militarily when they finally cross the line on Taiwan or Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    This is just the start of issues with China. Things there are getting worse for the people not better. Support Hong Kong, Taiwan, Tibet, the Philipines (China taking fishing area and islands), claiming 80% and climbing of the South China Sea, trying to take islands from Japan, trying to take land along the border with India. China's military is growing and they have openly talked about wanting their military to be ready to "win wars".

China is an economic, geographic, and military bully and this could get a LOT worse before it gets better.
    Exactly. People are so naive about China. They literally are replicating Nazi Germany's pre-WWII activity, from the way they are setting up concentration camps, blaming historical rivals for their embarrassments, blaming minorities/foreigners for their problems, claiming lands that they never legally owned, running up massive debt that they have no way to cover (unlike the US who can) and an economy that is sinking like a rock, threatening neighbors with both words and weapons. The only difference it they don't have a pushover like Chamberlain to walk all over, and their military power is dwarfed by the US by quite a lot in terms of weaponry and technology, so all they can do is bluster at Taiwan, Japan, US, or anyone else that "hurts their feelings."

Quote Originally Posted by AntiG View Post
    Exactly. People are so naive about China. They literally are replicating Nazi Germany's pre-WWII activity, from the way they are setting up concentration camps, blaming historical rivals for their embarrassments, blaming minorities/foreigners for their problems, claiming lands that they never legally owned, running up massive debt that they have no way to cover (unlike the US who can) and an economy that is sinking like a rock, threatening neighbors with both words and weapons. The only difference it they don't have a pushover like Chamberlain to walk all over, and their military power is dwarfed by the US by quite a lot in terms of weaponry and technology, so all they can do is bluster at Taiwan, Japan, US, or anyone else that "hurts their feelings."
    There is no "dwarfing" of nuclear weapons.

And I didn't even mention the horrible way they are treating their "own" people particularly the literal millions of Uighurs who have been removed from their homes or the streets for "education" which can be seen as "re-programming" and they are now just a small step from a new holocaust.

If you disagree with the government you are breaking the law, they are watching everyone, they are STILL doing forced abortions. People disappear. There is essentially no personal or religious freedom.

And when the government can and does casually spend human capital they are a long way from being in economic or military trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    ^Oh no question there are countries even more backwards, allies and adversaries alike, but that doesn't take away from the fact this country has it's own problems, no matter how much you allow your biases to cloud you.

Frankly, I'm glad the NBA is backing Morey and standing for what's right. Just hope we can one day keep that same energy when calling out Americas own faults.
    But what is right? "Right" can vary vastly depending on what ethical philosophy you believe is universally "right". In case of Honk Kong, Ukraine, etc. you can't make any assumptions without:
    1) Learning the actual history of the region
    2) Understand the culture
    3) Getting unbiased facts about the situation

1 & 2 are doable, but I am willing to bet, Morey, nor Silver, nor 99.9999% of people living in the western world actually do know the history and understand the culture. The only way to get 3 is to go there, with no biases and talk to people from both sides of the conflict. So when I read a post by somebody on PSD using words "what's right", my question is "Right for whom?" And is your "right" more right that that of some average citizen of China when it comes to Hong Kong?

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

apparently Trump called out Steve Kerr today for exactly what I was saying.... How kerr is so afraid to critique an absolutely corrupt government (or even support a country that is being oppressed by it).... Yet kerr doesnt hesitate to attack his own government every chance he gets..... who isnt nearly as bad.

Sad part is- If trump went in and helped the NBA with this problem by talking with the Chinese Government- he would still be attacked just as much by the nba. LOl- they might even attack him for interacting with the chinese government in an effort to help the nba with their problem. Reminds me of when Lavar Ball attacked trump even after Trump got them to release his son.

Basically, every argument here about China comes from what is available to you in the western MSM. There is no freedom of speech in the US when it comes to media. If a journalist, god forbid, writes anything nice about Russia, he is a Russian paid decedent. There is no point of arguing this as there literally nobody better at brainwashing the population than western media. At least when Russian/Chinese/fill in the blank of who we deem as agressors citizens read their media, they understand that it is biased and contains a ton of propaganda. We, Americans specifically, believe that our "free" media gives us the real picture.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

Rockets GM Morey's job at risk over Hong Kong tweets?

I’m looking for the thread where I pretend I know something about China? Is this it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    News about China in we get here are pure propaganda(same as Russia), and people voicing opinion on a skewed representation of what is actually happening is just sad. There are countries who are our allies that literally have ZERO free speech and we never hear a peep about them in the media.
    I wasn't even referring to this Hong Kong situation. I'm not American and I definitely don't get any of my international news from any American outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    apparently Trump called out Steve Kerr today for exactly what I was saying.... How kerr is so afraid to critique an absolutely corrupt government (or even support a country that is being oppressed by it).... Yet kerr doesnt hesitate to attack his own government every chance he gets..... who isnt nearly as bad.

Sad part is- If trump went in and helped the NBA with this problem by talking with the Chinese Government- he would still be attacked just as much by the nba. LOl- they might even attack him for interacting with the chinese government in an effort to help the nba with their problem. Reminds me of when Lavar Ball attacked trump even after Trump got them to release his son.
    Did you read what Kerr said about it? Best response one could give.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I’m looking for the thread where I pretend I know something about China? Is this it?

Only if you throw in a vague statement about biased media and make false equivalencies whenever possible.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Only if you throw in a vague statement about biased media and make false equivalencies whenever possible.
    Let me go to Wikipedia and get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Did you read what Kerr said about it? Best response one could give.
    possibly..... but not knowing enough about a subject has never stopped kerr from weighing in on current events here in the US. LMAO- he had comments on Brett Kavanaugh last fall- when there wasnt a shred of evidence tying him to any crime. He regularly attacks the entire republican party and our president for being racist for a lot of the same things going on that went on under Obama.

His lack of response just showed that Kerr is a coward. hes fine standing behind his beliefs wehn he is being praised for it and it makes him look more "woke".... but if there is any potential backlash... he is scared to say anything about a government that is 100 times worse than Trump's strongest critics think he is.

Kerr doesnt make political statements because he feels strongly about the issues.... he makes them to bask in the praise he gets from US media.

Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    Basically, every argument here about China comes from what is available to you in the western MSM. There is no freedom of speech in the US when it comes to media. If a journalist, god forbid, writes anything nice about Russia, he is a Russian paid decedent. There is no point of arguing this as there literally nobody better at brainwashing the population than western media. At least when Russian/Chinese/fill in the blank of who we deem as agressors citizens read their media, they understand that it is biased and contains a ton of propaganda. We, Americans specifically, believe that our "free" media gives us the real picture.
    I think we have a pretty good idea that they are full of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think we have a pretty good idea that they are full of ****.
    agreed- their reaction and complete lack of tolerance to an innocuous tweet by an individual in the US is enough to show us how horrible and controlling they are.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast