Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Quote Originally Posted by ChI_ShIzzLe View Post
    Time for RRH to shine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is why I'd prioritize keeping RRH over Floyd.

Does that mean Hicks is done for the year?

8 weeks I think, so he could come back in December.
    Two IR moves, Barr called up leaves on spot on the 45 I think?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I donít know if this is just pure delusional optimism, but I have a feeling Mitch is going to play his best football as a pro when he comes back. Probably will look back and laugh at this statement in a month.

There are absolutely people who hate Trubisky so much they want him to fail, some of you reading this are those people. Chicago sports fans in general are Meat Heads, not all but a lot IMO. I'd guess this happens in other fan bases too, but I don't really know or care since I only like Chicago teams. It's a combination of ignorance and ego, comparable to Sox fans who hate the Cubs and vise - versa, simply because they do.

We can all see that Trubisky has struggled often so far. There were fans wanting to get rid of him on opening night - last year. It's stupid, but it's real. He is by far an unfinished product, some get it right away, some take a while and some never do get it. As of today, we still don't know for sure which category he will wind up in, although (again) some of you reading this have already decided that.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I donít know if this is just pure delusional optimism, but I have a feeling Mitch is going to play his best football as a pro when he comes back. Probably will look back and laugh at this statement in a month.
    I have been having similar "thoughts".
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Come on now. He was inaccurate with the deep ball all last season
    Where do you see this? Looking at https://beargoggleson.com/2019/02/08...-stats-review/ he looks like league average and better in some locations.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Mahomes is a transcendent talent who's greatest skill set is actually intermediate throws (10-30 yards) down the field. I have no doubt that he would be great here too..at least post John Fox era.
    Agree and disagree. One thing that people don't realize it that Alex Smith did very well in KC and was pretty bad everywhere else. Andy Reid is known to be a QB coach. Mahomes has a lot of short passes that go for very long. Bottom line, Mahomes is a stud, no one doubts that, but looking at what Reid has done with various QBs, I think Trubisky could have thrived in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    Maybe Mahomes isn't throwing around 50 TDs here, but he would have the best defense in the league and a legit play caller in place. It's clear as day right now who the problem is on the Bears offense.
    Mahomes would do well in Chicago, agreed, but looking at KC offensive players and oline compared to Chi, it's not that close IMO.

Look at this: https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/...H401939/season

Week 1: 25 completed passes:
    9 at or behind the line;12 less than 10 yards; 2 less than 20; 1 at 22.
    Week 2: 30 completed passes:
    10 at or behind the line; 10 less than 10 yards; 3 less than 20; 2 over 20; 1 at 35.
    Week 3: 27 completed passes:
    11 at or behind the line; 8 less than 10 yards; 5 less than 20; 2 more than 20; 1 at 30.
    Week 4:24 completed passes:
    5 at or behind the line; 11 less than 10 yards; 8 less than 20.
    Week 5: 22 completed passes:
    6 at or behind the line; 7 less than 10 yards; 3 over 20; 1 at 30.
    Week 6: 19 completed passes:
    5 at or behind the line; 12 less than 10 yards; 1 at 14, 1 at 45.

That being said, 147 total completions 46 behind the line (31%) and 60 within 10 yards (41%). That's 72% of Mahomes throws are within 10 yards but he leads the league in yards....

Trubisky. 67 total completions 25 behind the line (37%) and 33 within 10 yards (49%). That's 86% of his Trubisky's throws are within 10 yards. Mahomes play-makers are just that much better to give him more yards and more TDs

Trubisky is completing 65% and Mahomes is completing 63%. Bisky has more INTs, I'll give ya that, but it's not like the 37% of passes Mahomes misses are drops (7 so far this season) and the 35% Mitch misses are out of the field of play (8 drops this season). Plus, you want to throw the ball away some times.

Mahomes has 2.79 (14th best) time to throw
    Trubisky has 2.57 (31st best) time to throw
    side note, Rodgers has the second best in the league. hate him.

I understand that a completed pass for 4 yards on 3rd and 5 is pointless, but you have to take what the defense is giving. but come on.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCO8qiZCDLM

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Hope you're right

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    There are absolutely people who hate Trubisky so much they want him to fail, some of you reading this are those people. Chicago sports fans in general are Meat Heads, not all but a lot IMO. I'd guess this happens in other fan bases too, but I don't really know or care since I only like Chicago teams. It's a combination of ignorance and ego, comparable to Sox fans who hate the Cubs and vise - versa, simply because they do.

We can all see that Trubisky has struggled often so far. There were fans wanting to get rid of him on opening night - last year. It's stupid, but it's real. He is by far an unfinished product, some get it right away, some take a while and some never do get it. As of today, we still don't know for sure which category he will wind up in, although (again) some of you reading this have already decided that.
    You're silly. I'm as down on Trubisky as anyone. It's not because I don't like the kid or want him to fail. It's because I've watched every game.

If he came back from injury and started showing he was league average or even great, I'd be ****ing ecstatic. I just don't believe he is any of those things. I would love to be proved wrong. I would have loved if Sexy Rexy proved me wrong and I didn't fight with my friends over that as well. I also just think it's silly at this point not to be considering your options.

There are a lot of ignorant fans in every base. I don't thinks it's remotely ignorant to say if Mitch doesn't turn it around coming back from injury he's on his way to bust territory. He's 25, in his 3rd year, he needs to show some sort of consistency now. Right now his ceiling looks like a healthy Ryan Tannehill which is scary.

Stop pretending people want him to fail. Anyone with any knowledge knows we need this guy to be our quarterback. Having to trade or sign a vet hurts us everywhere else because Mitch's contract is 100% guaranteed.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415