Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Also if Davis isn't cut by week 10 Pace should get crushed. Gonna keep a guy who doesn't play and lose a 4th round comp? C'mon, no brainer.

Thought this was worth passing along with some down time during the bye week. I saw that BetMaps was running a giveaway and one of the prizes was a Mack signed jersey. Here is a link to the giveaway page if interested:
    https://betmaps.com/betmaps-kickoff-giveaway.html

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    With the Chargers being a disappointment, I wonder if Rivers is available?
    That'd be amazing.

Also if Davis isn't cut by week 10 Pace should get crushed. Gonna keep a guy who doesn't play and lose a 4th round comp? C'mon, no brainer.
    Yep.

With the Chargers being a disappointment, I wonder if Rivers is available?
    Do the Bears have enough to get Rivers?
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Do the Bears have enough to get Rivers?
    He has a no trade clause and has spoken multiple times on how he wants to keep his large family in SOCAL.

As much as people hate Mitch and want to move on from him, Rivers won't be traded anywhere, let alone Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by ImGoinToJackson View Post
    https://sportsmockery.com/2019/10/de...-is-overblown/

The article is there... Don't know why that link stopped working. Here's yet another one..
    This is what I've been constantly preaching. The offensive issues aren't all on Mitch.

The main issue, IMO, is the poor OL play. If you can't control the line of scrimmage, all will fail.

I'm happy Long won't be there anymore due to going on IR. Leno needs to clean his act up. And I really believe the Whitehair/Daniels switch has made a negative impact.

Clean up the OL, the run game will be better and watch Mitch feel more comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    This is what I've been constantly preaching. The offensive issues aren't all on Mitch.

The main issue, IMO, is the poor OL play. If you can't control the line of scrimmage, all will fail.

I'm happy Long won't be there anymore due to going on IR. Leno needs to clean his act up. And I really believe the Whitehair/Daniels switch has made a negative impact.

Clean up the OL, the run game will be better and watch Mitch feel more comfortable.
    Havent seen anyone deny the oline has been bad, I've even went as far as saying with a running game we can Dilfer a super bowl. Even with an incapable passing qb, this defense is that good.

Unless the Raiders game wasn't a fluke, which I refuse to believe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Havent seen anyone deny the oline has been bad, I've even went as far as saying with a running game we can Dilfer a super bowl. Even with an incapable passing qb, this defense is that good.

Unless the Raiders game wasn't a fluke, which I refuse to believe.

For as much trash talking on Mitch in this forum, there's several people who assume that replacing Mitch with "XYZ" player would be the fix.

Chase came in last season and looked good for that game. Once he had a week to prepare for a game, he played poorly....the same results as this year.

I watched Dilfer play...you put him behind this OL and this offense would be worse.

Mittch is an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    For as much trash talking on Mitch in this forum, there's several people who assume that replacing Mitch with "XYZ" player would be the fix.

Chase came in last season and looked good for that game. Once he had a week to prepare for a game, he played poorly....the same results as this year.

I watched Dilfer play...you put him behind this OL and this offense would be worse.

Mittch is an upgrade.
    I wouldn't agree with that. He has better tools, but he doesn't have the mental capicity.

There's a reason why Daniel looks better in spurts- he can go through progressions and audible and whatnot. Knows the playbook.

I guess it is hard to know what Mitch can do if he doesn't seem to know the playbook.

Over the course of a season, Mitch is a better option than Chase.

Hopefully Biscuit really used the last few weeks to his advantage and will look a bit more prepared against a tough matchup against New Orleans.

We need it. 3-3 with this schedule wouldn't be optimal lol

Last edited by blams; 10-14-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I wouldn't agree with that. He has better tools, but he doesn't have the mental capicity.

There's a reason why Daniel looks better in spurts- he can go through progressions and audible and whatnot. Knows the playbook.

I guess it is hard to know what Mitch can do if he doesn't seem to know the playbook.

Hopefully Biscuit really used the last few weeks to his advantage and will look a bit more prepared against a tough matchup against New Orleans.

I think Mitch knows the playbook. I think his in-game processing just isnít good. I donít know if it can get better. But thatís what it is.

Also I agree this is a huge game, but I really donít think our schedule looks all that difficult anymore. The Chargers and Rams donít look all that good. Chiefs donít look invincible. The Cowboys fell back down to earth and now the drama looks like itís about to take over there. Eagles are tough at home but itís not like theyíve looked good this year either. Iím still not fully bought into GB or DET yet. Theyíre all teams with talent, but I think theyíre all kinda just like us. Talented, but question marks to address still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't get into a deep discussion with you because I know what the end result will be....you're the "Mod".

None of us actually know Mitch to judge his "mental capacity". It will all be judged by what we see on the field.

Some say he "thinks to much". Meaning, his thought process is so deep that it slows his progression reads. When he runs a hurry up offense it's clear that he can make plays.

Some say that his intelligence is lacking....which I say to them that they're intelligence is lacking.

It doesn't really matter. There's not an opinion on this forum that will affect how Pace & Nagy will handle the QB Position.

Mitch...either you're for him or against him.

As for me, I guess that I'm for him. It would benefit the Bears if he played more consistently.

Does this mean that I'll be talking about him after he retires trying to convince people that he was great and the Bears ruined him like a current forum member does with a former Bears QB? Nope. Not at all.

Pace has to at least be calling Atlanta to see what the asking price on Ryan is. Has to be.

The money works for this year if Mitch is included in the deal. It would certainly force some tough decisions in coming seasons, probably wouldn't be able to re-sign *all* of Roquan, Jackson, Nichols, etc. Tough to say precisely.

But to get a franchise QB the caliber of Matt Ryan, and to have him secured for another half decade while he's showing no signs of slowing down at 34, and to have him here with this defense in place as it's currently established for just this season and next season alone - show me a team you'd be picking ahead of the Bears to win the next two Super Bowls.

Admittedly I have no idea what he'd cost with regard to draft capital because there's really no precedent for a trade like this. The closest would probably be if you took the mean between the two Palmer trades. Mitch & the 2021 1st? Maybe a future mid-rounder too? I really don't know. But I'd like to find out.

The people that still have faith in Trubisky, what exactly is it that you see that still gives you reason to believe he will be a very good QB in this league? I just donít see what it could be and believe me I am trying. I get the line has been terrible but the times he does get good protection he still makes way too many bad throws, locks onto one receiver, canít make good progressions, etc.

I still think it all comes down to his draft position, what Pace gave up to get him, and hope for the team. If Trubisky had played this way and he was a third round pick I canít believe there would be one single person giving all the reasons for his play and saying he just needs more time. And actually admitting he is never going to be good is pretty much throwing dirt on this current season and maybe more. I get wanting him to be good, why wouldnít any Bears fans want him to succeed? But watching what he has done to date, how it seems to be getting worse and not better, I just canít see anything but what we have gotten from him. Sure, if his line was better he would be better but if everything needs to be perfect for your QB to be just decent then you have major problems.

Unless a miraculous turnaround happens starting immediately this season is in trouble with the upcoming schedule. They are not moving on from Trubisky this season unless he is hurt, no way. After this season I am not so sure, it comes down to the ego of Pace and if he can admit he blew it big time with the Trubisky pick. Watching Watson yesterday was tough, it turned my stomach. This franchise just canít get it right at the QB position, it ridiculous.

Why would Atlanta want Trubisky? Iíd assume if they traded Ryan away, they would use their pick this year on a QB. We simply donít have the resources to acquire him.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast