Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    I just haven't seen any progress or anything that leads me to believe Mitch is anything above average. Playing against good teams and defenses, you need to understand how to look off the safety and linebacker to create throwing windows and make anticipatory throws into tight coverage/windows, throw your receiver open, etc. Chase is much better at that than Mitch. Mitch is fine when the first read is open and he certainly has the big arm to throw a flat laser across the hashes on those tough across the hash routes. The only plus skill Mitch provides is his running ability which given our recent line play is almost necessary, unfortunately. I agree that we can't wait around and hope Mitch develops an ability to read defenses, go through his progressions and look off defenders. Either he does or doesn't this year. If not, go out and find the best QB you can this offseason and keep Mitch on the roster as a backup and move on from Chase. Defense is playing at too high a level to wait around on one guy to prove himself.

I've always been impressed with how many people that post in this forum who have insight on what the QB's progressions are, their knowledge of how to read a defense, and what the play call actually was.

It's so impressive.

I think the armchair QB's need to settle down. It's getting so old.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    I've always been impressed with how many people that post in this forum who have insight on what the QB's progressions are, their knowledge of how to read a defense, and what the play call actually was.

It's so impressive.

I think the armchair QB's need to settle down. It's getting so old.
    “Hey! I know nothing about you, but I know that you know nothing about what you are talking about. You should not talk about that stuff anymore. What is this, a forum for talking about this exact subject?”

- Paraphrased by Adam Schiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s fair, and I agree. If he doesn’t improve rest of season, need to look at drafting a guy or bringing in Alex Smith, if healthy to compete. I’m a big fan of Smith with our defense in place, but do think Mitch can be better. I’m also not a fan of the RPO, would prefer more under center playaction rollouts with Mitch, as that seems to be some of his best plays....directing to DG’s last comment
    Last edited by shorvath721; 10-11-2019 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    “Hey! I know nothing about you, but I know that you know nothing about what you are talking about. You should not talk about that stuff anymore. What is this, a forum for talking about this exact subject?”

- Paraphrased by Adam Schiff

True, apparently there are several people here that sit in the Bears QB room.

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    That’s fair, and I agree. If he doesn’t improve rest of season, need to look at drafting a guy or bringing in Alex Smith, if healthy to compete. I’m a big fan of Smith with our defense in place, but do think Mitch can be better. I’m also not a fan of the RPO, would prefer more under center playaction rollouts with Mitch, as that seems to be some of his best plays....directing to DG’s last comment
    If Alex Smith is healthy then he's a no brainer. Him or Foles, both are probably available this offseason, among others.

Ultimately the best thing for us is Mitch to play his best football from this point forward and all these discussions are meaningless. I just don't have very high hopes for that, especially not with him playing injured/limited, and the OL regressing the way it has early on.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No one is talking about instant gratification imo. We're in a league were many rookies just come in and put up good passing numbers. It usually gets tougher for them come playoff time.

Mitch doesn't have good passing numbers and he's in his 3rd year in the league.

He hasn't shown the ability to retain a playbook well enough to even be a backup if his starting career doesn't work out.

Yes, taking 3 games and saying he sucks is overreacting. I don't see anyone doing that in any way.
    I disagree, people were calling for his head last year after the Green Bay game and throughout the season. It never really stopped, IMO. It's just the way it is. I'm not saying he didn't bring some scrutiny on himself, because he certainly did with his uneven level of performance from week to week, but today's fan has ZERO patience...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

THIS forum is where all the football geniuses come to post c'mon - that's common knowledge.

FACT - Trubisky has not performed to the level expected of a #2 draft pick.
    The reasons vary, and can be argued ad nauseam.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

That’s pretty crazy. That was gruesome. Crazy to think he could be back playing in 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I disagree, people were calling for his head last year after the Green Bay game and throughout the season. It never really stopped, IMO. It's just the way it is. I'm not saying he didn't bring some scrutiny on himself, because he certainly did with his uneven level of performance from week to week, but today's fan has ZERO patience...
    I can agree to a point, i think my impatience comes from the thought of another super bowl quality defense getting wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    THIS forum is where all the football geniuses come to post c'mon - that's common knowledge.

FACT - Trubisky has not performed to the level expected of a #2 draft pick.
    The reasons vary, and can be argued ad nauseam.
    I think that's generously put

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    It'll feel a bit more manageable if Bilal comes back anytime soon. Maybe this will give his knee time to fully heal?
    Last edited by blams; 10-11-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Lol I was so depressed about the game against Oakland I forgot Hicks was hurt. Truly feels like a 7-9 or 8-8 year.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Lol I was so depressed about the game against Oakland I forgot Hicks was hurt. Truly feels like a 7-9 or 8-8 year.
    Yeah, truly the year of being annoyed by chicago sports teams.
    Screw sabermetics.

Kyle Long to the IR. I suppose this is it. Had a hell of a career, but the guy just doesn’t have it anymore.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast