Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,795
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    GROAT makes me think “scrote”. As in scrotum.

    https://youtu.be/_o5Bujo5kWk

    Listen to this song by DJ Kool and replace throat with scrote and enjoy the laughs.
    Do you still listen to this rubbish? Its too gutter, too infantile and too unrefined for my taste...lol.

    Its a new season, I recommend you part ways with old habits. .
    Giannis and Oladipo 2021 Movement

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12,122
    A sign a of trusting relationship with a management and the most important player in franchise history. Lowry wants to win and knows his value. This coming off-season sucks for free agents, while the following one will be lucrative. Happy to see Lowry is willing to give another year towards this group and see of the Raps can build another contender.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    7,625
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1850544

    I find this strange but not surprised because Lowry is Lowry.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,837
    Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1850544

    I find this strange but not surprised because Lowry is Lowry.
    I doubt this story is true.

    Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,726
    Yeah connecting false dots imo.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    47,194
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Anyone know what lowrys bird rights cap hold will be after the extension expires?
    it'll be monstrous, but I assume the hope is that he'll take a big paycut by that point so that we can go for a big FA. Kinda like what Dirk did his last few yrs.


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,076
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    who ever trades for him will get an extra year of control thus giving him more value in the trade. Brilliant
    I guess I called that one.

    This could be speculation but it is Woj
    https://clutchpoints.com/toronto-gave-

    kyle-lowry-1-year-extension-to-ease-finding-potential-trade/

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,852
    I was just gonna say the same thing. If woj says it...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,076
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I was just gonna say the same thing. If woj says it...
    Right.. but it could be their perception as well. There’s no talks of any moves, just because the extension is structured as such to be better for a contending team to trade for Lowry, doesn’t mean there are contending teams willing to ship out enough assets to match the salaries or surrender first rounders.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,726
    I’ve noticed that there are very few albatross contracts these days with the shorter contracts in place. That’s why moving Paul has been so difficult. No one has 30-40m in dead money.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    13,852
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Right.. but it could be their perception as well. There’s no talks of any moves, just because the extension is structured as such to be better for a contending team to trade for Lowry, doesn’t mean there are contending teams willing to ship out enough assets to match the salaries or surrender first rounders.
    For sure. But we’ve heard rumblings about Miami. Speculation, it’s possible they’ve talked to Miami and have heard things like ‘we’d do a deal but we need more than a rental’.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    26,076
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    For sure. But we’ve heard rumblings about Miami. Speculation, it’s possible they’ve talked to Miami and have heard things like ‘we’d do a deal but we need more than a rental’.
    I can def see that, why trade for a rental, Lowry has like 2-3 prime years left if he ages well, might as well get him for the two year window if you’re trying to contend now. And if you’re trading enough assets to match a 33 million dollar salary chances are you want more than a rental.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,078
    I think they gave him the extension so he wont have to answer all the trade questions mid season. They already told people before they werent trading him, Ibaka or Gasol. Not sure why people think them showing Lowry some love after a title means they want to get rid of him.

    Our division is getting loaded, I dont see Masai making any move that doesnt make us better and this team is too good to just tear apart for scraps and non lottery draft picks.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11,726
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I think they gave him the extension so he wont have to answer all the trade questions mid season. They already told people before they werent trading him, Ibaka or Gasol. Not sure why people think them showing Lowry some love after a title means they want to get rid of him.

    Our division is getting loaded, I dont see Masai making any move that doesnt make us better and this team is too good to just tear apart for scraps and non lottery draft picks.
    I’ll gladly take some non lottery draft picks.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,180
    FiveThirtyEight has an interesting tool called RAPTOR that they have used to rank the top NBA players of the past 6 years.

    One of those names is particularly relevant.

    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ast-6-seasons/

    Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •