Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think his fan almost have a Tebow affair with him now. Anything good that happens with him on the floor is bc of him. It’s kind of silly. He is definitely our best defensive guard but his offense woes arent limited to not being able to shoot at least not when he is playing PG. He doesn’t create pace and he doesn’t move the ball meaningfully. Payton is also a good defender and he creates pace, makes the defense move, has better eyes imo. Frank basically has to have the kind of impact on D he had against Atl every night. Still he’s intriguing. If he could at least starting leading some fast breaks. I feel like he did year one. Like I said I want him to play and play at the point but I think we actually have options short term
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean personally I don’t think I have a “Tebow” attachment to him, I’m just assessing what I see, which I do with all our guys. I can point out Frank’s flaws and shortcomings, and I do it consistently.

At the same time, considering we are NOT a playoff team imo, and he legit seems to have the biggest impact to me out of our 3 PGs, and he seems to potentially fit best next to RJ, for those reasons I’d give him the nod. He simply looks better to me than the other options, despite his poor shooting %. His form is still good, so my hope is at some point those numbers go up. But that’s a crap shoot. As of now he’s simply a bad shooter.

I do genuinely think as a team we’re better with him on the floor though. Just my opinion but I don’t personally need to see Payton much this year unless Frank and DSJ are ******** the bed, which could very well happen in season.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    I mean personally I don’t think I have a “Tebow” attachment to him, I’m just assessing what I see, which I do with all our guys. I can point out Frank’s flaws and shortcomings, and I do it consistently.

At the same time, considering we are NOT a playoff team imo, and he legit seems to have the biggest impact to me out of our 3 PGs, and he seems to potentially fit best next to RJ, for those reasons I’d give him the nod. He simply looks better to me than the other options, despite his poor shooting %. His form is still good, so my hope is at some point those numbers go up. But that’s a crap shoot. As of now he’s simply a bad shooter.

I do genuinely think as a team we’re better with him on the floor though. Just my opinion but I don’t personally need to see Payton much this year unless Frank and DSJ are ******** the bed, which could very well happen in season.
    when they score 90 a game instead of 110 with him in and everyone says he's running he offense better b/c of his "high IQ" and willingness to move the ball I kind of roll my eyes. Often he walks the ball up and hands it off to someone 40 feet from the basket making us play 4 on 5 against a set defense. Payton and DSJ cant shoot either but at least try to push ball, throw it ahead, and drive some so we don't start in a hole as often. maybe if we do what we did last year when whoever gets a rebound pushes it down or looks for an up court outlet.
    Last edited by ewing; 10-19-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

when they score 90 a game instead of 110 with him in and everyone says he's running he offense better b/c of his "high IQ" and willingness to move the ball I kind of roll my eyes. Often he walks the ball up and hands it off to someone 40 feet from the basket making us play 4 on 5 against a set defense. Payton and DSJ cant shoot either but at least try to push ball, throw it ahead, and drive some so we don't start in a hole as often. maybe if we do what we did last year when whoever gets a rebound pushes it down or looks for an up court outlet
    I think he’s making a conscious effort to change that, but yes it’s an issue with his playing style. He needs to change his mentality to attack/push more. It’s a flaw in his game, but he seems to at least be aware of it and my hope is as he realizes he’s simply bigger than most guards and his body continues to fill out, we’ll see him bully/push more. But jury is out on that, he may not be able to make the mentality switch but he’s going to have to if he wants to be successful on that end.

They’ll be in a lot of games but probably lose a lot. Big PG class. Maybe we’ll get lucky and jump in the lotto. Either way should be fun seeing Barrett
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

Barrett+ Knox+ Mitch is still a nice young core. Still need someone like DSj/Frank to step up but it’s not all gloom like most of you think. Get over the kp **** he isn’t here and didn’t wanna be here. We have a lot to look forward to.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

These scrubs get better every off season bc we project them to be the players we hope for them to be instead of the players they are.

Lmao so true, dsj has a shot doctor! OMG hes going to be so good!

Nope even worse than before

Fair assessment: From the Post- George Willis

With the season-opener looming Wednesday in San Antonio, Fizdale will have an uphill battle to retain the confidence of a fan base that has grown weary of losing. Team president Steve Mills and general manager Scott Perry can talk about sticking with the process all they want, but there will come a time when patience runs out and changes will be demanded.

There is no fool’s gold that can be dangled to distract what will take place on the court, no lofty dreams of landing the No. 1-overall draft pick and signing the top free agents. That didn’t work out too well after last season when Williamson was drafted No. 1 overall by the Pelicans and Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant signed free-agent deals with Brooklyn.

The fact Irving and Durant signed with the rival Nets will put added pressure on Fizdale to fix the Knicks. Regardless of what’s said publicly, it has to sting for the once proud franchise that the “Mecca of Basketball” was passed over in favor of the Nets, who could become the bigger show in town. Somebody will have to take the fall for that if the Knicks don’t show promise this year, and Fizdale, who signed a four-year deal, figures to be the likely target.

Though no one is demanding the Knicks be a playoff team this season, they must achieve a level of competitiveness that offers the promise of building a winner in the near future. That means developing Kevin Knox to be an impact player, RJ Barrett to be worthy of the third-overall pick, and bringing the best out of players like Dennis Smith Jr., Elfrid Payton, Mitchell Robinson and Frank Ntilikina, if he isn’t traded anytime soon.

The last thing Fizdale needs is for the Knicks to be irrelevant, a team that looks to have no present and future. That could lead to another coaching search, which is the last thing this franchise needs.

“The shorter preseason now leans more towards the teams that are established and have an understanding of who they are,” he said. “For teams like us, I wish we had eight games.”

The Knicks don’t have that luxury, which means Fizdale barely will have an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of his players by the time they tip-off against the Spurs. With nine new names on the roster and some of them missing time with injuries, four preseason games is hardly enough to figure out who can do what.
    “We’re going out to compete to win,” Fizdale said. “We’re not going to make any excuses. We understand where we are and there’s a lot of new faces. But that’s no excuse. We’re going keep working to build the chemistry and going on the road to try to get wins.”

Perry will be fired within the next 12-18 months, the KP trade was the beginning of the end. That move will set us back a long time. The return for KP was laughable then and gets worse everytime we see DSJR take a jumper. the '21 pick might end up being in the 20's and that seems like the best asset we will get back which is just astonishing.

Seeing Ingram & Ball yesterday, I would have loved those two guys, of course NOLA got like 5 picks on top of it along with Hart.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Did Dsjr just get worse lol I hope he bounces back otherwise his basketball career might already be over.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    OMG can you and Ewing react any worse from a preseason game...lol. As much as you talk bad about DSJ, even having a terrible shooting night he still filled up the stat sheet and was on the floor during the comeback at the end of the game. If Trier makes one of those wide open 3s and the Knicks win nobody has anything bad to say about DSJ. His stats on a bad night... 9pts, 9rebs, 6asts(7 if Trier makes that 3 set up beautifully off the drive and kick), 2 steals and 1block. Plus he made a clutch 3 at the end. If Frank or Payton had that stat line half you guys would be creaming in your pants...lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Perry will be fired within the next 12-18 months, the KP trade was the beginning of the end. That move will set us back a long time. The return for KP was laughable then and gets worse everytime we see DSJR take a jumper. the '21 pick might end up being in the 20's and that seems like the best asset we will get back which is just astonishing.

Seeing Ingram & Ball yesterday, I would have loved those two guys, of course NOLA got like 5 picks on top of it along with Hart.
    you think we all wouldn't have wanted that or more? I guess it takes two teams to make a trade and the other team has to want KP and have assets to give up?

The pick still looks like a lottery to me.......time will tell. That west is tough........and even the Pel's are going to be in the playoff mix next year, the Lakers are there, and so is Sac so that is three teams right there Dallas has to beat out, not to mention the 8 that made it last year. OKC is a major ? that roster will likely change.

If Knicks don't take any kind of leap this year, then all three will be on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    OMG can you and Ewing react any worse from a preseason game...lol. As much as you talk bad about DSJ, even having a terrible shooting night he still filled up the stat sheet and was on the floor during the comeback at the end of the game. If Trier makes one of those wide open 3s and the Knicks win nobody has anything bad to say about DSJ. His stats on a bad night... 9pts, 9rebs, 6asts(7 if Trier makes that 3 set up beautifully off the drive and kick), 2 steals and 1block. Plus he made a clutch 3 at the end. If Frank or Payton had that stat line half you guys would be creaming in your pants...lol
    First it's a lot more than two posters all over DSJ......

Next, curious what you thought of his defense? He gambled a few times which he needs to be more sure he can get the steal, but his on ball defense and help defense were pretty good from where I sat.

that shot needs to fall, but the aggression was there.

And I agree with the last statement as well. It won't change here, and don't really care, we need whoever plays to not be a negative......even if Coach goes with RJ, I just want to see this team play hard and compete and they have been for the most part........they care which last year no one cared, the loss was celebrated last year.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post

None of that is true... Randle was also a long term asset we got from the KP space created in the KP trade, DSJ playing in his second preseason game shows us nothing about his future. KP has looked ok in preseason but you as a Knick fan who watched KP for 4 seasons should know he is not reliable health wise and going to Dallas doesn't change that. He is on a minutes restriction now and I bet you he doesn't have the season Randle does. In conclusion... DSJ and Randle combined will be more productive than KP will be in the next couple of years and next summer we still have cap space as a result of KP and company being traded.

Some of you guys are just drunk in love with KP and he hasn't proved or done anything of value in his career but be a disgruntled employee who is injury prone and now grossly overpaid.

Last play of the game shows you why Fiz sucks.
    Actually the fact that Trier was hot and last 3-4 possesion he didn't even touch the ball really shows you how bad of a coach this guy us.
    He sucks big time

NY Knicks- Preseason Game threads- 2019

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    First it's a lot more than two posters all over DSJ......

Next, curious what you thought of his defense? He gambled a few times which he needs to be more sure he can get the steal, but his on ball defense and help defense were pretty good from where I sat.

that shot needs to fall, but the aggression was there.

And I agree with the last statement as well. It won't change here, and don't really care, we need whoever plays to not be a negative......even if Coach goes with RJ, I just want to see this team play hard and compete and they have been for the most part........they care which last year no one cared, the loss was celebrated last year.
    He played a lot like Mudiay did last year so I’m not surprised Boogie was impressed. His floor game looked bad and he got numbers by blindly bullying towards the basket. It did show effort but it took him over dribbling, making the floor unbalanced, and generally not running a good show imo. Sorry I’m not impressed with the kid and honestly thought Payton played a better game.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

When it comes to PG, I make DSjr and Frank earn it, and beat out what Payton brings to the table, coming off the bench. I do this because I also think it's important not to put to much pressure on Frank or DSjr starting. Fans will expect perfection, and they'll get killed in the media and if one or the others role gets reduced, the trade rumors will be flying.

So just bring Frank and DSjr off the bench to avoid the drama. It's not about who starts and you guys know that if they're playing well, Fiz will leave them in the game. Let's take the smart low pressure road if i'm Knicks.

Page 66 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast