Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

NY Knicks- Preseason Game threads- 2019

Game 1 tomorrow night:

NY_KnicksPR‏Verified account @NY_KnicksPR · 5h5 hours ago

 More

Injury Report: Kadeem Allen (strained right foot), Reggie Bullock (cervical disc herniation), Damyean Dotson (right shoulder surgery), Amir Hinton (personal reasons) and Dennis Smith Jr (strained lower back) are out for tomorrow’s game at Washington.

Finally some Knicks bball. Who is starting for us if DSJ is out?

Quote Originally Posted by KnickNyKnick View Post
    Finally some Knicks bball. Who is starting for us if DSJ is out?
    Fiz said he will announce it this morning but he is going to be messing with many different lineups to see which works.

He also said that some players are going to be upset and that is just how it is.

He's right because each player on this roster thinks they will get minutes so it's going to be and many have said this, very intriguing on how Fiz handles this roster.

What's up with Dotson? Is he out for awhile (shoulder surgery)?

Dotson will miss preseason:

Berman-Post

The Knicks point-guard derby featuring three former lottery picks will officially commence in Monday’s preseason opener in Washington, but Dennis Smith Jr. will have to sit this one out.

Smith has a strained back, leaving coach David Fizdale to start either new-signee Elfrid Payton or emerging Frank Ntilikina.

The smart bet is Payton, 24, who signed a one-year $8 million pact, gets the call. However, the organization does need to see as much of their 2017 lottery pick as possible because of their Oct. 31 deadline to exercise Ntilikina’s fourth-year option on his rookie contract.

At Saturday’s open scrimmage at Columbia, Payton looked smooth in expertly running the show and defending. He is a former Scott Perry lottery pick in Orlando and admitted it was one reason he signed here.

“I feel comfortable — I feel comfortable with what we’re doing here on both sides of the ball,’’ Payton said. “They’ve been doing a good job emphasizing it to us. Whatever minutes I get, [I] will try to compete at a high level, play as hard as I can and run this offense as crisp as possible.”

Payton also has been impressed with Ntilikina’s game — surprised at the reputation he’s gained as an underachiever across his first two seasons.

“Frank is very talented,’’ Payton said. “I think he’s been given a bad rap as far as the league goes. He’s very talented, extremely long arms, especially on the defensive end. He had the chance to run the point [Saturday] and ran it well and throughout camp. I can learn from him, he can learn from me. It’s crazy how this league can be. I never thought of him as that. It’s crazy how this league tries to label you.”

Fizdale enjoyed Payton’s performance in Saturday’s scrimmage, but made sure to praise Ntilikina, too. His stock has risen in the Knicks’ eyes after a successful World Cup showing when he led France to the bronze, upsetting the U.S. along the way.

“I thought he and Frank both did an excellent job of organizing us, pushing the pace, defending, making plays for other people,’’ Fizdale said.

Fizdale has loved Smith’s defense in camp but back issues have plagued him. The explosive ex-Maverick lottery pick missed 10 of the final 14 games last season with a misplaced disk. Smith dropped 15 pounds partly to alleviate back stress.

“We’re going to be real cautious,’’ Fizdale said.

In Saturday’s scrimmage, Ntilikina hit a step-back 3 and took the ball to the hole, going up for a dunk on Bobby Portis. Though the ball didn’t fall, it was a striking sign of his new aggressiveness.

“I felt comfortable during that scrimmage,’’ Ntilikina said. “It was a great scrimmage for us playing with high level of intensity.”

Ntilkina admitted “little details” of his jump shot have been tweaked. “Not about my form but about the rhythm, how you prepare your shot,’’ Ntilikina said. “It was a lot of work done. Definitely, I was more comfortable shooting the ball [at the World Cup] and that was the goal.’’

the whole offseason/summer to come up with defensive schemes.....

Fiz: Lets try fullcourt man to man!

smh.
    `

Payton
    RJ
    Morris
    Randle
    Mitch

confirmed starting tonight

Sensible lineup to try first. Morris brings stability and defense. Shooting wise we are probably better with Knox so if this lineup gets exposed I suppose we probably try that next.

I wonder how long RJ's leash will be here if he lays an egg or 2 and the team drastically needs to inject some shooting. There really is nowhere else to inject shooting into the starting 5 except RJ's spot.

this going to be EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Payton
    RJ
    Morris
    Randle
    Mitch

confirmed starting tonight
    Damn, I can smell a zone defense a mile away. I think this also tells us that under normal circumstances, as it stands, Frank is the 3rd string pg. Back up pg looks like Payton, back up SG is Trier and the backup sf is Knox. Another uphill climb but it starts today for Frank. he needs to come out like a killer.
    Last edited by Bivory; 10-07-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Damn, I can smell a zone defense a mile away. I think this also tells us that under normal circumstances, as it stands, Frank is the 3rd string pg. Back up pg looks like Payton, back up SG is Trier and the backup sf is Knox. Another uphill climb but it starts today for Frank. he needs to come out like a killer.
    I hope your boy Iggy gets some good mins. I am looking for to seeing him a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Knox to get time at SG...

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Knox to get time at SG...
    Haha Fiz is a real enigma - for me this is the season for him to prove he’s actually a good coach and not a glorified cheerleader. Very curious to see what his offensive & defensive schemes look like with this new roster.

Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast