Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Not really the direction I was hoping the discussion would take lol. Browsing through the moves on the list I think itís pretty obvious the straight up attacks he has made on the environment. Water, land, animals, waste, technology. Itís backwards thinking imo that is going to really hurt the US long term

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Not really the direction I was hoping the discussion would take lol. Browsing through the moves on the list I think itís pretty obvious the straight up attacks he has made on the environment. Water, land, animals, waste, technology. Itís backwards thinking imo that is going to really hurt the US long term
    We have threads about the environment, but the "I don't really support" Trumpsters rarely post on them (other than to bloviate about how the economy is booming because of Trump's deregulations -- it may be strong, the economy, but it is not healthy).

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    All tax cuts benefit the rich cause, the rich pay more taxes.

His measurables are mostly based on the economy/unemployment. Those numbers did not just randomly occur. Itís because he his stifled Obamacare and helped businesses.
    This is not true.

As part of the ARRA (Obama stimulus), the FICA tax was temporarily cut by 2%. Because there is a threshold where that tax is no longer collected on income (for some damn reason), that means that people who make less than about $120,000 got a 2% tax cut while someone who makes above that threshold would see some percentage lower than 2% of a tax cut.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I agree and thank you for posting this thread. It proves all the points most of us have brought up in another thread. Only a fool will try to defend Trump's environmental record. He is still opening up protected lands to mining and oil companies, especially in California who he had a hard-on for since he accuses them of letting three million illegals vote in the last presidential election.

Another decade is passing on our battle against Climate Change and we are still marching backward. Not giving the environmentalist any hope in getting ahead of this problem. A lot of them, along with the extremely wealthy are trying to figure out a way to protect their families from what is coming. it's foolish to let this continue with the hope we will come up with a solution when it becomes a complete global catastrophe.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-07-2019 at 11:21 AM.

There are some dumb regulations, but the bigger issue is usually the dumb application of those regulations. If the enforcers were more willing/encouraged to warn before the forced absolute application they would be more acceptable. Also there are major issues with multiple regulatory bodies having influence over one thing and having contradictory regulations.

I'm absolutely for the deletion of bad/stupid/contradictory regulations from our lives. I'd like to have a rule that 2 regulations have to be deleted for every 1 added until the total number of regulations is 1/10th of what it is now. I'd also like the regulations to require a warning policy.

I'd be for the same thing for laws in general. We all know we have laws that are not enforced because they are so antiquated, and there are likewise laws we have that we know are racially motivated. Let's get rid of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There are some dumb regulations, but the bigger issue is usually the dumb application of those regulations. If the enforcers were more willing/encouraged to warn before the forced absolute application they would be more acceptable. Also there are major issues with multiple regulatory bodies having influence over one thing and having contradictory regulations.

I'm absolutely for the deletion of bad/stupid/contradictory regulations from our lives. I'd like to have a rule that 2 regulations have to be deleted for every 1 added until the total number of regulations is 1/10th of what it is now. I'd also like the regulations to require a warning policy.

I'd be for the same thing for laws in general. We all know we have laws that are not enforced because they are so antiquated, and there are likewise laws we have that we know are racially motivated. Let's get rid of those.
    I don't see how anybody could be for something like this without knowing whether 90% of our regulations are bad things. What if one of the regulations we were forced to give up due to this proposal was clean air or clean water?

or traffic or housing regulations. Why do a lot of people think that regulation is bad? There is a regulation that hamburgers being sold must have a high percentage of meat products in it. Regulation on generic drugs.

This is one of those things that the republican propaganda machine has managed to put in people's minds. Regulation is bad, deregulation is good which helps a business make more profit to hand out more jobs and raises.

If McDonald's could get away with selling hamburgers with a 90% filler in it, I don't think their workers will see a bit of that profit.
    Last edited by WES445; 10-07-2019 at 01:48 PM.

I'm absolutely for the deletion of bad/stupid/contradictory regulations from our lives. I'd like to have a rule that 2 regulations have to be deleted for every 1 added until the total number of regulations is 1/10th of what it is now.
    Government by bean counting?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I don't see how anybody could be for something like this without knowing whether 90% of our regulations are bad things. What if one of the regulations we were forced to give up due to this proposal was clean air or clean water?
    Then don't give that one up ... but it's never that simple. And as we clean it up we can remove 2 and re-write them better into the 1 regulation that replaces the 2.

I had to work with government property regulations ... the rules for government contractors managing goods purchased on contract to the government ... it's nearly 50000 pages of rules. I could get 90% of it in 10 pages. There are so many words in regulation that it's not actually possible for a human to know them.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Government by bean counting?
    I think a balanced budget that includes paying down the debt at a reasonable rate should absolutely be required.

I think tax law should have essentially all of the loopholes removed and the stated tax rates reduced but where the total intake is at what it is now.

I think we should get statements at the end of the year that shows a grand total of all taxes and fees collected from you by local, state, and federal governments so people have a more clear example of what it's costing them.

I think we should be able to vote on SOME government priorities for budgeting. (I bet military spending will go down significantly)

I've got all kinds of crazy ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, what's this even mean?

Using a deregulation tracking website is a bad place to start tracking his deregulations? Maybe the spongebob website would be better?

That's probably where trump gets all his political info anyways, lol
    Why do I care if Trump is deregulating the government, just because he gets rid of a regulation doesn't make it inherently good or bad.

We have a lot of out dated and silly regulations on the books anyway.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qij3aPKA9nE
    Here's an interview with Criminal Defense Lawyer on a book he wrote about our ridiculous laws.
    How to Become a Federal Criminal: An Illustrated Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    or traffic or housing regulations. Why do a lot of people think that regulation is bad? There is a regulation that hamburgers being sold must have a high percentage of meat products in it. Regulation on generic drugs.

This is one of those things that the republican propaganda machine has managed to put in people's minds. Regulation is bad, deregulation is good which helps a business make more profit to hand out more jobs and raises.

If McDonald's could get away with selling hamburgers with a 90% filler in it, I don't think their workers will see a bit of that profit.
    For the same reason that some people assume regulations are inherently good, and freak out that the current admin gutted like 1500, despite the fact that the people who are freaking out couldn't name a single regulation that was removed if their life depended on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I agree and thank you for posting this thread. It proves all the points most of us have brought up in another thread. Only a fool will try to defend Trump's environmental record. He is still opening up protected lands to mining and oil companies, especially in California who he had a hard-on for since he accuses them of letting three million illegals vote in the last presidential election.

Another decade is passing on our battle against Climate Change and we are still marching backward. Not giving the environmentalist any hope in getting ahead of this problem. A lot of them, along with the extremely wealthy are trying to figure out a way to protect their families from what is coming. it's foolish to let this continue with the hope we will come up with a solution when it becomes a complete global catastrophe.
    Absolutely nothing we do in regards to climate change is relevant so long as China, India and the rapidly developing parts of Africa don't change.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    Absolutely nothing we do in regards to climate change is relevant so long as China, India and the rapidly developing parts of Africa don't change.
    Reminds me of this.

Last edited by Sofnr; 10-08-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Then don't give that one up ... but it's never that simple. And as we clean it up we can remove 2 and re-write them better into the 1 regulation that replaces the 2.

I had to work with government property regulations ... the rules for government contractors managing goods purchased on contract to the government ... it's nearly 50000 pages of rules. I could get 90% of it in 10 pages. There are so many words in regulation that it's not actually possible for a human to know them.
    First Bolded: My point is, by eliminating 90% of all regulations you are going to have to make some tough choices about things that actually need regulation that under your law, must be eliminated. I imagine there are a lot of regulations that are redundant, superfluous, or negatives. Do I believe that 90% of our regulations are bad or serve no purpose? Absolutely not.

Second Bolded: OK, well this seems like you don't actually want there to be any less things regulated, you simply want the regulations regulating them consolidated. That is far different than eliminating the underlying impacts altogether.

Third Bolded: Speaking from the legal field, the reason most laws are so convoluted is because they have to clarify or address as many unique situations and variables as possible. If a law were 10 pages long, it would be litigated to death and it's substance so ambiguous that nobody would be able to discern what it's purpose is in a multitude of situations. Imagine if you had a law that said "don't steal". Nice and simple right? Everybody understands. OK, but now think of how ambiguous that actually is in a legal setting. Think of how many situations would arise where the phrase "don't steal" is essentially worthless. The same is true of crafting laws.

Fundamentally I agree we can probably consolidate or make easier to read some regulations, and we can get rid of many others altogether. Do I think that we should eliminate 90% of our regulations? Heck no. Do I think that our regulations could be re-written from 50,000 to 10 pages and still be of any value at all? Absolutely not.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast