Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Warriors Pre Season

It looks like it could be rough. I remember Jim Barnett saying that the little guys usually would win when it was little guys vs big guys in a scrimmage- but that doesnt seem to be the case. I understand the size issue on some rebounds- but I saw pascel bobble a rebound out of bounds at the end of the first quarter with no laker within 15 feet of him. (Im not sure thats a size issue- just a lack of effort and focus)

Anyway-

* Jordan Poole looks pretty good. Looks like he could be one of the first 3 or 4 off the bench, and he could make russel expendable down the line.

* Eric Paschall did not impress on either side of the floor, and spellman shoots open shots but doesnt look like a good shooter at all.

* Jacob Evans looks improved and more aggressive. He made a few jump shots- but i didnt see him run the team particularly well.

* D Lo- Maybe my expectations were too high with him coming in to replace durants scoring and relieve Curry- but he looked like the same D lo I remember from the lakers 2-3 yrs ago.

* Marquess criss is going to make this team, and I think he is a rotation player

* Glenn Robinson did not impress me

* Fortunately for Glenn Robinson, neither did Mckinney

More to come after the game-

Oh yeah if lebron or AD miss significant time for any stretches during the season- lakers will struggle.

If Criss makes the team McKinnie has to go ... he has the only contract they can move.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    If Criss makes the team McKinnie has to go ... he has the only contract they can move.
    might need to get creative....I dont think kerr lets mckinnie go if it comes down to that. LOL- he has already invested 73 games in him along with the playoffs. Criss might be the best athlete on the team though

Not sure why fitz tried to use the excuse that the warriors have so many new players LOL- The lakers are in pretty much the same situation and they seemed fine

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    might need to get creative....I dont think kerr lets mckinnie go if it comes down to that. LOL- he has already invested 73 games in him along with the playoffs. Criss might be the best athlete on the team though
    I don't know that there is anything else they can do. Contracts in the NBA are guaranteed and they don't have the money to pay them off. They MAY be able to trade a player and a draft pick for a draft pick or something like that, but I doubt it.

Not sure why fitz tried to use the excuse that the warriors have so many new players LOL- The lakers are in pretty much the same situation and they seemed fine
    In part because Fitz is Fitz, and in part because the Lakers have a very veteran roster, though they were recently assembled, while the Warriors have 4 players over 26 years old and 10 players with 2 or fewer years of experience.

It's going to be interesting.

I don't know that there is anything else they can do. Contracts in the NBA are guaranteed and they don't have the money to pay them off. They MAY be able to trade a player and a draft pick for a draft pick or something like that, but I doubt it.
    why would they be working out Thabeet then?

why would they be working out Thabeet then?
    Camp body.

maybe i should just message you..... this board has died down

seems like my desire for criss to be on this team is shared y a lot of the locker room https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...riss-on-roster

Im not sure if the players are aware that bringing in Criss would be cutting mckinneys deal. It may be worth it though IMO

seems like my desire for criss to be on this team is shared y a lot of the locker room https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...riss-on-roster

Im not sure if the players are aware that bringing in Criss would be cutting mckinneys deal. It may be worth it though IMO
    Everyone can see the potential. The issue is what the cost is to do it. I don't know all the specifics of what they can and can't do with a trade of a draft pick and a player for nearly nothing back.

so- news is that criss would consider a 2 way deal with the warriors.

Not sure if anyone knows the answers, but I have a few questions on 2 yr deals.

1) If a player is on a 2 way deal, could his team cancel the 2 way deal and replace it with a regular contract (if their cap situations permits)?

2) Could another team offer him a regular roster spot and contract when he is on a 2 way deal? (Seems that- it would be similar to a temporary employee leaving their assignment to get full time employment with benefits)

so- news is that criss would consider a 2 way deal with the warriors.

Not sure if anyone knows the answers, but I have a few questions on 2 yr deals.

1) If a player is on a 2 way deal, could his team cancel the 2 way deal and replace it with a regular contract (if their cap situations permits)?

2) Could another team offer him a regular roster spot and contract when he is on a 2 way deal? (Seems that- it would be similar to a temporary employee leaving their assignment to get full time employment with benefits)
    1. Yes 2 way deals can be upgraded. The Warriors can't do that without moving someone else.

2. 2 way players are protected.

I was told Criss doesn't have g-league eligibility left, but I don't know how reliable that is.

If Robinson wins the starting SF spot and Criss really kills it I could see the Warriors moving McKinnie.

1. Yes 2 way deals can be upgraded. The Warriors can't do that without moving someone else.

2. 2 way players are protected.

I was told Criss doesn't have g-league eligibility left, but I don't know how reliable that is.

If Robinson wins the starting SF spot and Criss really kills it I could see the Warriors moving McKinnie.
    kriss has been really killing it- LOL nobody is really emerging at the small forward spot.

I like “gr3” off the bench. If he can be consistent at the spot he’ll earn himself a nice pay day and a rotation spot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast