Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think GR3 was the best looking SF so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think GR3 was the best looking SF so far.
    yeah- im hearing that too. I thought he looked a little bit better in the 2nd game..... although I still think Mckinney has not played at the level I was seeing him play at last season. Unfortunately for Mckinney though.... this is a particularly bad time to have a sub par stretch of games.

I do think The upside of Criss along with the current need for size on the roster, and the current cap situation are factors that might lead to Mckinney not getting the level of fair consideration he would be getting in almost any other situation.

I like McKinney and his 1 skill. But he canít be relied upon to hit shots, and you canít give up on a young guy like Evans quite yet. McKinney will be the one to go, Chriss is just too good to cut from this roster. Iíve actually always been a fan. He had a bad 2 nd year after a pretty good rookie season, but heís obviously got a ton a talent

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I like McKinney and his 1 skill. But he canít be relied upon to hit shots, and you canít give up on a young guy like Evans quite yet. McKinney will be the one to go, Chriss is just too good to cut from this roster. Iíve actually always been a fan. He had a bad 2 nd year after a pretty good rookie season, but heís obviously got a ton a talent
    So many players are ruined by being drafted to the "wrong" place. Hopefully Criss can turn it around.

So many players are ruined by being drafted to the "wrong" place. Hopefully Criss can turn it around.
    to be fair- Chriss made a series of poor decisions off the court all on his own that should not be blamed on the team that drafted him

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    to be fair- Chriss made a series of poor decisions off the court all on his own that should not be blamed on the team that drafted him
    It's all together. A great team has more support and more good models and more leadership and more tools in place to help players in their decisions and their development. You can't KNOW if a specific player would have made better decisions on a different team, but the odds are far better with good teams than with bad teams. And there have been some cases that were clear, like where a young player shows talent and growth, then the coach changes and their game falls apart.

I don't know why, but Draymond plays better defense for Kerr, but was much better on offense when Walton was his head coach. How Walton made him shoot 3s MUCH better I have no explanation for.

When does everyone think the news will come out that Mckinney has been cut?

Man. If preseason is any basis for how this roster looks, Iím not a fan at all. Guys better get better throughout the season and Thompson better be back better than ever as advertised

Though I may be discounting the importance of Cayley Stein and Looney. Maybe we get better with them in the lineup? I really like Chriss

Though I may be discounting the importance of Cayley Stein and Looney. Maybe we get better with them in the lineup? I really like Chriss
    And Kerr is REALLY not trying to win games.

And Kerr is REALLY not trying to win games.
    I noticed that as well. Is this just a ploy or do you think the coaching staff is now clueless? They look shook out there without the talent and vets to coach on the floor. More to come once the actual season comes but their body language looks horrendous

If our team stinks that will be a good thing for Warrior forum though cause thereís nothing else we do better as real Warrior fans on complain. Should be an exciting season!

I noticed that as well. Is this just a ploy or do you think the coaching staff is now clueless? They look shook out there without the talent and vets to coach on the floor. More to come once the actual season comes but their body language looks horrendous
    I think they are looking to see who works with who and they are just barely running the minimum of their offense. I think and hope at least part of it is that they are playing the Lakers 9 times this year (who's idea was that?).

Getting 8 players up to speed in what has been described as the most complex system in the NBA is always going to look bad to start, particularly when so many are so young.

I think they are looking to see who works with who and they are just barely running the minimum of their offense. I think and hope at least part of it is that they are playing the Lakers 9 times this year (who's idea was that?).

Getting 8 players up to speed in what has been described as the most complex system in the NBA is always going to look bad to start, particularly when so many are so young.
    aside from their offensive schemes- its difficult to watch not a single player be able to consistently hit wide open shots. And on defense- I understand that size could be an issue- but there seemed to be no effort on getting between their man and the basket. Just cuz you are smaller than the guy you are guarding, it doesnt mean you cant prevent him from getting a 20 foot running start down the lane every position. Just seemed extremely easy for the lakers to get right to the rim and get wide open shots outside

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12