Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Klay Thompson Injury News

I heard on the radio that Klay might be out 2 years with his ACL. I know every injury is different- but it seems i had been hearing constantly that he would likely be back by late feb- mid march. 2 years would make steph curry 33 and a half yrs old before klay came back (and the guy is never good the very first year back). Maybe that was the reasoning behind the D Lo trade.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I heard on the radio that Klay might be out 2 years with his ACL. I know every injury is different- but it seems i had been hearing constantly that he would likely be back by late feb- mid march. 2 years would make steph curry 33 and a half yrs old before klay came back (and the guy is never good the very first year back). Maybe that was the reasoning behind the D Lo trade.
    Fake news.

An outside doctor who supposedly doesn't know Klay and has never examined his knee suggested he miss 2 years. It's just BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Fake news.

An outside doctor who supposedly doesn't know Klay and has never examined his knee suggested he miss 2 years. It's just BS.
    Was the doctor even talking about Klay or did he say something along the lines of "It typically takes about 2 years for a player to completely get back to normal after ACL surgery"......I have heard it usually takes a player a while after he comes back to regain the strength. With the exception of Adrian Peterson- most guys dont come back and immediately play at their top level.

Again- Im assuming this doctors assessment was taken out of context. I wouldnt be surprised if he said it like 7 yrs ago or something.

I was looking through bleacher report and saw some tweets from a couple days ago- the tweets are almost implying that there is some new information on Klay Thompson

I heard 55 games minimum....

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I heard 55 games minimum....
    well thats when the all star break is- and thats when bob myers said he would give the next update. Even before Bob Myers press conference- most people were thinking he would return sometime after the all star break.

Questions will be-

1) How will the record look leading into the all star break

2) How fast will klay get back into form on both sides of the floor once he returns

3) Lets see how confident Draymond is if the warriors are fighting for one of the last 2 or 3 playoff spots with 5 teams. See if he still thinks they can go to the finals if steph has to sit out 3-4 weeks when they are 2 games over .500 in mid January.

If this team is not a contender this year- this will be proof that kerr's coaching success had more to do with talent than with actual ability to coach and adapt to situations (ALA Pop)

Stylez you never change.

It's ALWAYS coaching AND talent.

Stylez you never change.

It's ALWAYS coaching AND talent.
    I dunno if its even close to equal- when a team is absolutely loaded and have a landslide talent advantage over the rest of the conference- people arent all that concerned about if the coach is going to miss half the season. (Like with the warriors a few yrs back). In that case- the talent survived without the coach. now lets see if the coach can survive without the talent.

Do you think Ty Lue gets to the finals any other way but having lebron james?? Heck- does he make the playoffs if he is coaching the knicks??

I dunno if its even close to equal- when a team is absolutely loaded and have a landslide talent advantage over the rest of the conference- people arent all that concerned about if the coach is going to miss half the season. (Like with the warriors a few yrs back). In that case- the talent survived without the coach. now lets see if the coach can survive without the talent.

Do you think Ty Lue gets to the finals any other way but having lebron james?? Heck- does he make the playoffs if he is coaching the knicks??
    I never said "equal".

Great teams lose without good coaches. Great coaches lose without good talent.

Good coaches make great players. Bad coaches kill the potential of possibly great players.

LeBron is and always has been his own coach. He's a particularly special case.

Michael Jordan didn't know how to win until he gave up his running the team to Phil Jackson.

I think Kerr is a very good coach, but he hasn't been great at developing talent from 0 ... THAT is something we will learn this year.
    Last edited by Scoots; 10-01-2019 at 05:25 PM.

I never said "equal".

Great teams lose without good coaches. Great coaches lose without good talent.

Good coaches make great players. Bad coaches kill the potential of possibly great players.

LeBron is and always has been his own coach. He's a particularly special case.

Michael Jordan didn't know how to win until he gave up his running the team to Phil Jackson.

I think Kerr is a very good coach, but he hasn't been great at developing talent from 0 ... THAT is something we will learn this year.
    itll be interesting to see how a guy like russell does under steve kerr. If he makes the next step a 23 yr old all star should make towards an all nba performer, or if russell fails to fit in at all. I personally think its kind of a weird fit- but thats where a good coach needs to adapt and make it work. Should Russel be expected to be either an all star or an all nba selection? top 10 scorer?? what are reasonable expectations for a 23 yr old all star with plenty of upside left.

itll be interesting to see how a guy like russell does under steve kerr. If he makes the next step a 23 yr old all star should make towards an all nba performer, or if russell fails to fit in at all. I personally think its kind of a weird fit- but thats where a good coach needs to adapt and make it work. Should Russel be expected to be either an all star or an all nba selection? top 10 scorer?? what are reasonable expectations for a 23 yr old all star with plenty of upside left.
    The expectation for Russell is that he should be a good team player and work hard. Can't judge players off of awards, that's not up to them.

The expectation for Russell is that he should be a good team player and work hard. Can't judge players off of awards, that's not up to them.
    You absolutely can!!!! Players have goals of making the all star game all the time. There are incentives in players contracts to make all nba teams. Draymond says he worked hard to be defensive player of the year.

when analysts are ranking different players they consider all nba teams, mvps, all star appearances, etc. Same thing with deciding to induct someone ion the hall of fame. LOl those are individual achievements. Personally I dont like when analysts judge a player on the number of championships he has (Then end the conversation with that- as if that proves anything).... but individual achievements are out of a players control and the player cant be judged on???? are you insane?

what would you judge a players progression on? player efficiency? the teams Plus/Minus when he is on the floor? whether he can take over a game?

You absolutely can!!!! Players have goals of making the all star game all the time. There are incentives in players contracts to make all nba teams. Draymond says he worked hard to be defensive player of the year.

when analysts are ranking different players they consider all nba teams, mvps, all star appearances, etc. Same thing with deciding to induct someone ion the hall of fame. LOl those are individual achievements. Personally I dont like when analysts judge a player on the number of championships he has (Then end the conversation with that- as if that proves anything).... but individual achievements are out of a players control and the player cant be judged on???? are you insane?

what would you judge a players progression on? player efficiency? the teams Plus/Minus when he is on the floor? whether he can take over a game?
    No you can't. If a player plays for awards they are not going to be as good a teammate as they can be. This year at the SF position in the Western Conference there is LeBron, Kawhi, and PG13 there are not going to be SF awards available, and if a SF was TRYING to get an award they would stat hunt like mad to do it.

There are rewards for them achieving it, but them getting the awards is not up to them. People the last couple years were making arguments for Curry to not be an all-star, for Draymond, and Klay to not be all-stars. Why? Their game didn't change, but the context and the narrative did.

The best teams have players playing together, and in this era that is considered a negative when it comes to the press awarding them post-season prizes. Klay is statistically the best PG defender in the NBA and has been for a while, but he's made 1 all-nba team. Was he supposed to be better than the best? What did he have to do better to win that press award? The press wants him to rebound better, but if you are defending PGs and the offense wants you to run down court when the shot goes up the only way he gets more boards is if he directly does what the coaches don't want him to do. I'd rather he play the team game.

It's like people who say Curry is a terrible defender ... no, he's a great defender for his size and athletic ability. It's never simple no matter how much we may want it to be.

I don't think there is one thing you can judge a player on. Defensive stats are really pretty bad overall and that side of a players game is wildly undervalued. If you watch a player play for a season you should be able to see how they contribute to the game and the team.

Looks like klay is gonna miss the season- Not sure the rest of the guys will be motivated to kill themselves trying to keep the team in the playoff picture if klay isnt coming back to provide any relief. This seems to be a pretty dramatic shift from literally everything I have been hearing the last 4-6 weeks. I wonder if something happened- or if the team met their ticket sales goals for the year already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast