Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1456
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I agree that it is doubtful they will miss him. They tend to make good decisions on which prospects to trade and which to keep.

That being said I am not impressed with Odor. I don't think he was worth Cabello, Estrada, and Stowers personally.

I hope I am proven wrong because I will gladly admit it if I am. I would even consider myself wrong if all three of Estrada, Stowers, and Cabello end up doing nothing even if Odor fails.
    For a guy that has been pretty bad and was DFAed, I'm not sure I would have traded Stowers alone for him. He is the type of guy that you give a minor league RP for. Maybe a top 50 prospect but not top 30.

Hey Phoba, what do you think about the Jaden Hill situation? The Yanks pick at 20 and he was expected to go in 4-10 range, do you think with the injury he'll still be available at 20? Do you think they would take him if he was available?

He's got everything you could want in a starting pitcher and it's rare that the Yanks would get to draft his kinda top talent. Lots of teams have taken guys coming off injuries and have had big success with them. With Cressey to keep him healthy and Blake & Co to help him develop would it be worth it? He has a legit TOR talent and stuff, it might be hard to pass on him to get that kinda talent into the system

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Hey Phoba, what do you think about the Jaden Hill situation? The Yanks pick at 20 and he was expected to go in 4-10 range, do you think with the injury he'll still be available at 20? Do you think they would take him if he was available?

He's got everything you could want in a starting pitcher and it's rare that the Yanks would get to draft his kinda top talent. Lots of teams have taken guys coming off injuries and have had big success with them. With Cressey to keep him healthy and Blake & Co to help him develop would it be worth it? He has a legit TOR talent and stuff, it might be hard to pass on him to get that kinda talent into the system
    It all depends who else is still available at that stage. I'd be happy for them to take a flyer though. There is precedence with several of those types of players recently who have turned out quite well.

Top prospects headline the upper level pitching in the Yankees’ system
    The Yankees have a trio of elite prospects rising to the upper levels of the system this coming year.
    By Dan Kelly Apr 10, 2021, 5:30pm EDT

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...-vizcaino-russ
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Just to keep track of some former Yankees prospects:

Taylor Widener: 11 IP, 2 GS, 2.45 ERA, 8 K, 3 BB, 1-0
    Jorge Mateo: 4/13 (.301), 4 K, 1 RBI, .462 SLG, 0 SB, 2 2B
    Garrett Whitlock: 2 G, 5.1 IP, 8 K, 0 BB, 0.00 ERA
    Trevor Stephan: 2 G, 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 9.0 ERA
    Luis Torrens: 6/19 (.316), 1 RBI, 2 2B, .737 OPS
    Justus Sheffield: 1 GS, 5.0 IP, 4 ER, 5 K, 2 BB, 7.2 ERA
    Giovanny Gallegos: 4 G, 5.0 IP, 9 K, 0 BB, 1 H, 0.00 ERA
    Billy Mckinney: 3/5, 1 K, .600 avg, 1.00 SLG, 1.6 OPS, 1 3B
    Dillon Tate: 3.1 IP, 4 G, 2 K, 2 BB, 2 ER, 5.4 ERA
    Jake Cave: .167 avg, 1 2B, .468 OPS
    Nick Solak: .214/.333/.321/.665 with 1 HR and 2 SB.
    Caleb Smith: 3 G, 1 GS, 7.0 IP, 11 K, 6 BB, 5.14 ERA
    Dustin Fowler: 8 G, 3/15 (.200) 1 SB, .435 OPS
    Tyler Webb: 5 G, 3.2 IP, 3 K, 14.73 ERA, (last year had 2.08 ERA in 21.2 IP)

There are a couple players on this list that would be nice to have, but by and large the Yankees have not missed much on losing these players.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Clarke Schmidt (right elbow) has not resumed throwing and is seeking a second medical opinion.

Oh.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Clarke Schmidt (right elbow) has not resumed throwing and is seeking a second medical opinion.

Oh.

Not a good sign

Not a good sign
    Nope, I see surgery in his future.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

The injury is on the opposite side of the UCL, so it’s thought to be unrelated to the Tommy John surgery he had back in 2017.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    The injury is on the opposite side of the UCL, so it’s thought to be unrelated to the Tommy John surgery he had back in 2017.
    I wasn't trying to say he needs TJS persay, just seems like it's headed to some type of surgery. Just based on what the injury was reported as, and how he still can't pick up a ball to throw. Very concerning.

I wasn't trying to say he needs TJS persay, just seems like it's headed to some type of surgery. Just based on what the injury was reported as, and how he still can't pick up a ball to throw. Very concerning.

Could very well be headed in that direction. I just added a tidbit I ran across, in that, it doesn't seem to be related to previous injury makes the situ that much more baffling. It was originally diagnosed as a common extensor strain and prescribed 3 weeks rest. Wellll....that was back in Feb!

I can’t say I am surprised about Schmidt . Once a pitcher starts having elbow issues , for the most part they don’t seem to go away for long . Especially after one TJ surgery . I just can’t help but question the intelligence of using a draft pick on a guy who just had TJ surgery , no matter how good he was before or right after it .
    Last edited by Posada20; 04-11-2021 at 11:24 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

The statistics for TJ surgery are not as glowing as we are led to believe. It's certainly improved over the years.
    Right now, there is like an 85% return to the MLB but after a few years, that number has fallen to the 50% range.
    The revisions surgeries are less successful. I will be curious what the data is in 10 years, regarding high school kids gettin the surgery and how it lasts.

While it's not his ulnar ligament, it could certainly be related to it or hi motion is the cause of it. Either way, it sucks for the kid and the Yankees.

Interesting breakdown-

https://www.drivelinebaseball.com/pi...es-tommy-john/

Ignorance is bliss

Just to keep track of some former Yankees prospects:

Taylor Widener: 11 IP, 2 GS, 2.45 ERA, 8 K, 3 BB, 1-0
    Jorge Mateo: 4/13 (.301), 4 K, 1 RBI, .462 SLG, 0 SB, 2 2B
    Garrett Whitlock: 2 G, 5.1 IP, 8 K, 0 BB, 0.00 ERA
    Trevor Stephan: 2 G, 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 9.0 ERA
    Luis Torrens: 6/19 (.316), 1 RBI, 2 2B, .737 OPS
    Justus Sheffield: 1 GS, 5.0 IP, 4 ER, 5 K, 2 BB, 7.2 ERA
    Giovanny Gallegos: 4 G, 5.0 IP, 9 K, 0 BB, 1 H, 0.00 ERA
    Billy Mckinney: 3/5, 1 K, .600 avg, 1.00 SLG, 1.6 OPS, 1 3B
    Dillon Tate: 3.1 IP, 4 G, 2 K, 2 BB, 2 ER, 5.4 ERA
    Jake Cave: .167 avg, 1 2B, .468 OPS
    Nick Solak: .214/.333/.321/.665 with 1 HR and 2 SB.
    Caleb Smith: 3 G, 1 GS, 7.0 IP, 11 K, 6 BB, 5.14 ERA
    Dustin Fowler: 8 G, 3/15 (.200) 1 SB, .435 OPS
    Tyler Webb: 5 G, 3.2 IP, 3 K, 14.73 ERA, (last year had 2.08 ERA in 21.2 IP)

There are a couple players on this list that would be nice to have, but by and large the Yankees have not missed much on losing these players.
    I remember the hype of Jorge Mateo for his speed and Justus Sheffield for being the lefty the Yanks needed in the rotation. Yeah we are not missing much on this list.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    I remember the hype of Jorge Mateo for his speed and Justus Sheffield for being the lefty the Yanks needed in the rotation. Yeah we are not missing much on this list.
    The one on that list that dissapoints me the most is Fowler , I had really high hopes for that guy and thought he was good . As for sheff , one start this season is too soon to throw in the towel on him , I mean he was good last season

Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast