Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Not gonna even get a good number 3 starter without parting with either Garcia or Schmidt .
    Boy, you just ignored that spanking. You want Phoba to admit to being wrong, (when he clearly was not) and you just tuck that tiny thing, you call a tail between your legs and hide from the same concept.

Ignorance is bliss

[QUOTE=Kinkotheclown;33592062]Boy, you just ignored that spanking. You want Phoba to admit to being wrong, (when he clearly was not) and you just tuck that tiny thing, you call a tail between your legs and hide from the same concept.[/QUOTE

Didnít someone warn against disrupting in this thread ?

Not gonna even get a good number 3 starter without parting with either Garcia or Schmidt .
    Dont know. Maybe your right. We will see if they make a trade. Many teams will definitely ask for them. Yet, Cashman may hsve those cost effective youngsters pencilled in for the rotstion as the 4 and 5. Cole and Tanaka and either German, Severino at the 3. Who knows Montgomery may have a lights out post season. Too early to tell. Should be an interesting winter.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Dont know. Maybe your right. We will see if they make a trade. Many teams will definitely ask for them. Yet, Cashman may hsve those cost effective youngsters pencilled in for the rotstion as the 4 and 5. Cole and Tanaka and either German, Severino at the 3. Who knows Montgomery may have a lights out post season. Too early to tell. Should be an interesting winter.
    Unless of course, Garcia or Schmidt or German or Sevy or Monty turn into a 3.
    Saying you need to trade one of them for a number 3? Not very smart. Why trade top prospects for Mid rotation guys? If you want to part with them for a TORP? Ok. But Mid rotation? No

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Unless of course, Garcia or Schmidt or German or Sevy or Monty turn into a 3.
    Saying you need to trade one of them for a number 3? Not very smart. Why trade top prospects for Mid rotation guys? If you want to part with them for a TORP? Ok. But Mid rotation? No
    I did not say they would trade any of the pitchers I listed exceept for maybe German ( for non baseball reasons ) for a number 3. I am thinking they will roll with what they have. You have Schmidt, Garcia, Montgomery, Severino ( if healthy ) German ( if his head is clear ) King, Cessa, and some others who may emerge for spots 3-5, and rotation support. I think Cashman could make a trade like he has for Gray and Paxton in the past with lower level, lower ranked prospects.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 09-11-2020 at 08:28 PM.

I did not say they would trade any of the pitchers I listed exceept for maybe German ( for non baseball reasons ) for a number 3. I am thinking they will roll with what they have. You have Schmidt, Garcia, Montgomery, Severino ( if healthy ) German ( if his head is clear ) King, Cessa, and some others who may emerge for spots 3-5, and rotation support. I think Cashman could make a trade like he has for Gray and Paxton in the past with lower level, lower ranked prospects.
    You never said that. My post wasnít directed at you
    I fully agree with you thoughts
    Some people donít think things through

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    You never said that. My post wasnít directed at you
    I fully agree with you thoughts
    Some people donít think things through
    Yankees have options because they finally have had some succes developing arms. Last few years they did develop Severino, Montgomery and German. And now Garcia and Schmidt. They are not perfect pitchers and certainly health has been a problem. The system finally has young arms in the starting rotation and in the bullpen. Makes the GM less desperate for trades. Now, I think Yankees should have signed Corbin a few years ago. If they had Corbin, Cole, Tanaka as a front three, well anyway....

Yankees have options because they finally have had some succes developing arms. Last few years they did develop Severino, Montgomery and German. And now Garcia and Schmidt. They are not perfect pitchers and certainly health has been a problem. The system finally has young arms in the starting rotation and in the bullpen. Makes the GM less desperate for trades. Now, I think Yankees should have signed Corbin a few years ago. If they had Corbin, Cole, Tanaka as a front three, well anyway....
    What success have they had developing arms ? Itís too early to call Schmidt and Garcia successes , Monty hasnít even pitched a full regular season yet , German is suspended and serevino hasnít pitched like a #2 starter in years .

What success have they had developing arms ? Itís too early to call Schmidt and Garcia successes , Monty hasnít even pitched a full regular season yet , German is suspended and serevino hasnít pitched like a #2 starter in years .
    Well they are succesful enough, Garcia and Schmidt that you feel they can be traded for a TOR pitcher, that is succesful right ? German almost won 20 games last season, Severino has made two all star games, and Montgomery showed himself capable of winning games and being a 3-5 pitcher before injury. Did I say they are all aces, no. If you want to argue success for a pitcher is they all have to be Verlander or Cy Young, then they are unsucccesful. But thats you....

Well they are succesful enough, Garcia and Schmidt that you feel they can be traded for a TOR pitcher, that is succesful right ? German almost won 20 games last season, Severino has made two all star games, and Montgomery showed himself capable of winning games and being a 3-5 pitcher before injury. Did I say they are all aces, no. If you want to argue success for a pitcher is they all have to be Verlander or Cy Young, then they are unsucccesful. But thats you....

I am just saying itís too early to consider Garcia and Schmidt successes . I mean Serevino is 1-3 with over a 5 era in the playoffs . I also didnít know getting suspended was worthy of saying German is a success story .

Who said they were successes?
    What was said is they were too valuable to trade for a mid rotation pitcher

Ignorance is bliss

Pettitte, Hughes, Joba, Betances, Sevy, Nova, Kennedy, Mendosa, Meloncon, D. Robertson, not all superstars but clearly respectable careers, a few after they left NYC.

Sevy hasn't pitched like a #2 in years, why? Because he hasn't pitched in years! Last season he pitched a whopping 13 innings! In 2018 he was 19-8, with a 3.39 ERA, 1.145 WHIP, with 220K's in 191.1 IP. Not too shabby imo. I'd say they are TORP numbers for sure. In case you were wondering, in 2017 he was 14- 6 with a lower WHIP and similar K rates. Prior to 2017 he was not a full time ML player yet.

Sevy and German, I said it earlier, Yanks miss them more than many admit or realize. Add those two and the rotation is lights out.
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-11-2020 at 09:34 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Pettitte, Hughes, Joba, Betances, Sevy, Nova, Kennedy, Mendosa, Meloncon, D. Robertson, not all superstars but clearly respectable careers, a few after they left NYC.

Sevy hasn't pitched like a #2 in years, why? Because he hasn't pitched in years! Last season he pitched a whopping 13 innings! In 2018 he was 19-8, with a 3.39 ERA, 1.145 WHIP, with 220K's in 191.1 IP. Not too shabby imo. I'd say they are TORP numbers for sure. In case you were wondering, in 2017 he was 14- 6 with a lower WHIP and similar K rates. Prior to 2017 he was not a full time ML player yet.

Sevy and German, I said it earlier, Yanks miss them more than many admit or realize. Add those two and the rotation is lights out.
    And sevy has been far from lights out in the playoffs , 1-3 with over a 5 era proves it . And one season from German is not lights out . And other than pettitte and Mendoza , not a single one of those pitchers were instrumental in getting to the Yankees to the World Series and winning it all. Ag again not a whole lot of success to brag about there. Especially when their two biggest success stories were from the farm back in the early 90s
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-11-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Even if they resign Tanaka i still think priority 1 this winter should be getting another TORP to shore up the rotation behind Cole. We have a handful of guys that have that kind of upside but they have yet to prove it. Also if u look at the last 2 trade deadlines its much better to shop for pitching in the winter than at the trade deadline. The rotation next yr should be
    1 Cole
    2 TBD
    3 Tanaka
    4/5/6/ Monty, German and whatever is left of the MLB ready pitching specs after they make a trade for a #2 or better.

Sevy is a wild card but he not likely to be ready until July/August. If he can contribute anything meaningful out of the rotation or even the BP outstanding but i certainly wouldn't want to count on him for anything meaningful.

I'll also be very curious to see where Gill, Medina, Vizciano ect are this time next yr. If things click for any of them they could be in the rotation or pen in very short order

We saw in 08 what happens when u go with 3 unproven arms in the rotation, no matter how promising they looks as specs. Were in the middle of our wide open championship window with close to 100m coming off the books and a farm system/ young players that should easily be able to facilitate a trade for a TORP. We have seen our starting rotation after Cole just not be very good. With all the money coming off the books we need to get that solid #2 behind Cole even if we have to slightly overpay IMO. We need to get that kind of level of performances next yr, we can't wait for a couple yrs for our homegrown arms to be ready.

If we get anything better than league average performances from Monty, German or whatever specs win the 4th/5th spots that would be a win for us. Its not that i don't think the young kids/ specs aren't going to be capable of contributing in a big way next yr, i do. I just think it would be a mistake to count on them to have primary roles in our rotation next yr when its this early in there development.
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-11-2020 at 11:02 PM.

And sevy has been far from lights out in the playoffs , 1-3 with over a 5 era proves it . And one season from German is not lights out . And other than pettitte and Mendoza , not a single one of those pitchers were instrumental in getting to the Yankees to the World Series and winning it all. Ag again not a whole lot of success to brag about there. Especially when their two biggest success stories were from the farm back in the early 90s
    His post season ERA proves little. In 2017 he got shelled early vs. Minn. and that has artificially inflated his post season numbers. Has he been an ace in post season? Not really. However, as per the norm you distort to suit your personal narrative. How did we get from "Yanks haven't developed successful arms" to what pitchers hepled them win WS? Again you move the goalposts.

Did I suggest German is lights out? No I suggested the addition of Sevy and German makes the rotation lights out! Reading is fundamental, comprehension optional?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast