Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    BTW, are you certain Torres was developed in the Indians org.?
    Last edited by drt1010; 09-01-2020 at 06:07 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    BTW, are you certain Torres was developed in the Indians org.?
    Actually he was first drafted by the cubs and came from the cubs organization . Either way the Yankees didn’t have a big hand in his development in the minors
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-01-2020 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Actually he was first drafted by the cubs and came from the cubs organization . Either way the Yankees didn’t have a big hand in his development in the minors
    Actually he was signed by the Cubs. The Yanks got the kid before he reach high A, don't fool yourself that the Yanks didn't have a lot to do with his development

4. 09-01-2020, 07:27 PM
    Reason
    off topic. this is the prospects thread.

5. 09-01-2020, 07:33 PM

Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman

Reason

6. 09-01-2020, 08:23 PM
    Reason
    off topic

7. 09-01-2020, 08:40 PM
    Reason

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Actually he was signed by the Cubs. The Yanks got the kid before he reach high A, don't fool yourself that the Yanks didn't have a lot to do with his development
    Well considering that he is a good hitting player with questionable defense , you may be right .

9. 09-02-2020, 07:40 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic, Guys please, this is the prospect thread.

10. 09-02-2020, 10:18 AM
    Reason

11. 09-02-2020, 07:32 PM
    Reason

12. 09-02-2020, 07:38 PM
    Reason

Why was my post about 5 time world champion Jorge Posada , deleted ?

Well torres is a good hitter with questionable defense so I can see how the Yankees did have a hand in his development . So I stand corrected

Why was my post about 5 time world champion Jorge Posada , deleted ?
    Off topic. This is the prospect thread.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Off topic. This is the prospect thread.
    Ok I gotcha . And in regards to torres I was talking about when he was a prospect and yet that was deleted too

Posada was once a yankee prospect so it is still technically on topic . And in regards to torres I was talking about when he was a prospect and yet that was deleted too
    Jorge I am not going to debate this. The posts were all off topic. Your post re: Torres was not deleted.

18. 09-02-2020, 08:05 PM
    Reason
    continued disruptive behavior

Jorge, I definitely still disagree about rooting for a player to be traded. There are many benefits to developing homegrown talent. To give up on that means you have no choice but to take on contracts or sign players to contracts that will eventually end up being albatrosses, like Stanton, Ellsbury, CC Sabathia, Jason Giambi, Mark Teixeira, A-Rod, A.J. Burnett, etc. You can always make an argument that we should have traded x player for y player, but unless you have proof that the offers were on the table there's no way to know whether that would have even been an option.

Many of the players your referred to in your post are only "failing" because they've been injured. Judge is a great example. When healthy, he is a beast. You can't blame his injuries on the Yankees... okay maybe last year it was their training staff but who do you blame it on now? They replaced their whole training staff.

I strongly disagree that the solution here is to trade all of your prospects for proven guys. Don't forget, 2016 was the last time the Yankees missed the playoffs. This was the year they essentially "gave up" in the middle of the year because they were terrible and traded away all of their veteran players. The youth took over and almost turned the season around enough to make the playoffs. Since then that youth has brought them to the playoffs every year. Many of those players were homegrown. Without that homegrown talent they'd be exactly where they were in 2016 IMO.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Jorge, I definitely still disagree about rooting for a player to be traded. There are many benefits to developing homegrown talent. To give up on that means you have no choice but to take on contracts or sign players to contracts that will eventually end up being albatrosses, like Stanton, Ellsbury, CC Sabathia, Jason Giambi, Mark Teixeira, A-Rod, A.J. Burnett, etc. You can always make an argument that we should have traded x player for y player, but unless you have proof that the offers were on the table there's no way to know whether that would have even been an option.

Many of the players your referred to in your post are only "failing" because they've been injured. Judge is a great example. When healthy, he is a beast. You can't blame his injuries on the Yankees... okay maybe last year it was their training staff but who do you blame it on now? They replaced their whole training staff.

I strongly disagree that the solution here is to trade all of your prospects for proven guys. Don't forget, 2016 was the last time the Yankees missed the playoffs. This was the year they essentially "gave up" in the middle of the year because they were terrible and traded away all of their veteran players. The youth took over and almost turned the season around enough to make the playoffs. Since then that youth has brought them to the playoffs every year. Many of those players were homegrown. Without that homegrown talent they'd be exactly where they were in 2016 IMO.
    Did I ever say trade all prospects ? No I didn’t . I said after the long string of disappointments a different approach is needed . I also said because of all those disappointments that I am skeptical of this new group of highly touted prospects . Again nowhere did it say that all prospects should be traded . And speaking of 2016 , if it weren’t for the fact that half the teams in the league were making the playoffs , the Yankees would be out of a playoff spot EXACTLY like they were in 2016 ....

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    For sure. I totally disagree with Posada about trading the farm. I like Phoba's approach much better. I think it's foolish and ignorant to think, like posada, that you should trade away all of your top talent for a couple names.
    You leave your farm empty, fans get disappointed at the crappy farm and you get a higher payroll

We need homegrown talent to excite the fanbase. We need it to sustain a winning team

Glad Posada isn't in charge of the team or he'd trade everyone for Realmuto and a mid rotation pitcher.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post

You gave it a hell of a try but sometimes it just isn't worth the trouble bro

Devi Ranked #31 and Schmidt # 27 in updated spec rankings
    31. RHP Deivi Garcia, New York Yankees (Age: 21)

At 5'9" and 163 pounds, Garcia faces the inevitable questions of whether his undersized frame will ultimately land him in the bullpen. His 111.1 innings last season represented a career high, so those questions remain, but his 165 strikeouts and 13.3 K/9 speak for themselves. Whether it's as a starter, multi-inning reliever or late-inning stopper, Garcia has impact stuff.

27. RHP Clarke Schmidt, New York Yankees (Age: 24)

Schmidt would have been a top-10 pick in 2017 had he not undergone Tommy John surgery a month before the draft. The Yankees took a chance at No. 16 overall, signing him for below slot, and their patience could soon pay off in a big way. He has three plus pitches, including a heavy fastball with good late life that touches 98 mph, and he throws his entire repertoire for strikes. Health and durability are the only question marks.
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-05-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Devi Ranked #31 and Schmidt # 27 in updated spec rankings
    31. RHP Deivi Garcia, New York Yankees (Age: 21)

At 5'9" and 163 pounds, Garcia faces the inevitable questions of whether his undersized frame will ultimately land him in the bullpen. His 111.1 innings last season represented a career high, so those questions remain, but his 165 strikeouts and 13.3 K/9 speak for themselves. Whether it's as a starter, multi-inning reliever or late-inning stopper, Garcia has impact stuff.

27. RHP Clarke Schmidt, New York Yankees (Age: 24)

Schmidt would have been a top-10 pick in 2017 had he not undergone Tommy John surgery a month before the draft. The Yankees took a chance at No. 16 overall, signing him for below slot, and their patience could soon pay off in a big way. He has three plus pitches, including a heavy fastball with good late life that touches 98 mph, and he throws his entire repertoire for strikes. Health and durability are the only question marks.
    Very good article and if the concerns listed in those reports are right , then maybe the Yankees should trade one of them .

Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast