Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 949
  1. #736
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    You mean being called up to the major leagues yesterday and going 1/3?

    https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/injuri...yankees-debut/
    Did they send Florial back down?

  2. #737
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,260
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Did they send Florial back down?
    I would be surprised if the send him down before the next dh .

  3. #738
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    You mean being called up to the major leagues yesterday and going 1/3?

    https://nypost.com/2020/08/28/injuri...yankees-debut/
    Did you forget the injuries that happened to him that caused him to lose value and delay his major league debut ? Because that is what I was talking about .

  4. #739
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,885
    Floral looks completely over matched at the plate, has a very long swing and obvious pitch recognition issues. Right now he is a pure dead read hitter. If he's going to be anything more than a 4th over he needs to shorten that swing, keep his front shoulder closed and hope that help him with recognition and making contact

  5. #740
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,463
    Florial reminds me of Byron Buxton unfortunately. Probably a bust.

  6. #741
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,885
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Florial reminds me of Byron Buxton unfortunately. Probably a bust.
    Buxton is one hell of a defender though. Florial is supposed to be a 65-70 grade fielder with about the same grade arm and double plus speed. He has a chance to be the kind of defensive player that can use that double plus speed on the base paths also. Thats actually a great comp, Florial might have a bit more power but then there is that whole making contact thing he struggles with though

  7. #742
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,879
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Floral looks completely over matched at the plate, has a very long swing and obvious pitch recognition issues. Right now he is a pure dead read hitter. If he's going to be anything more than a 4th over he needs to shorten that swing, keep his front shoulder closed and hope that help him with recognition and making contact
    Did you see my post above?
    I totally agree. Shorten up. Top hand. Hit down on the ball, (the Chopping wood type swing.) Just make contact and use your legs.



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #743
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Did you forget the injuries that happened to him that caused him to lose value and delay his major league debut ? Because that is what I was talking about .
    No, I was completely unaware that he missed significant time due to injury and was ineffective the past two seasons, hurting his prospect value. It's not like I'm obsessed with prospects or anything


    Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

  9. 08-30-2020, 10:22 AM
    Reason
    baiting

  10. #744
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,983
    Nice to finally see Garcia pitch. He was really good. Very smooth, canít wait to see Schmidt too. And King is also very composed. Wow, and Lasagna, they have some good young arms. Then Montgomery and German, they suddenly produced promising pitchers. What does Garcia project as a 2, 3, or 4 in the rotation? Hope home grown Severino comes back as our number 2. Let Paxton walk.

  11. #745
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,260
    Lol a 6.53 era in king is nothing to be crowing about . Schmidt and Garcia have one mlb start between them and you are declaring them the future . Then there is German who hasnít thrown the ball in a year abd with all that you are declaring the yanks are set . And you say I have been posting dumb things .

  12. 08-31-2020, 07:18 PM
    Reason
    off topic

  13. #746
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,983
    Fact is any of these pitchers turn out good you will be saying you loved them from the start when everybody else said they should be traded.
    Last edited by drt1010; 08-31-2020 at 07:36 PM. Reason: quoting deleted post

  14. #747
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    23,670
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Fact is any of these pitchers turn out good you will be saying you loved them from the start when everybody else said they should be traded.
    Usually how it goes. Fans also only want to trade prospects once they suck a few years and lose all their value then expect them to still have the value of a top prospect and want a top tier player in return.

  15. #748
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,260
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Fact is any of these pitchers turn out good you will be saying you loved them from the start when everybody else said they should be traded.
    If those pitchers turn out great then I will give cashman credit for keeping them but the odds of more than 1 of them turning out to be the tor pitcher they still need are very very low . That is why atleast one of those 3 pitching prospects should be traded .heck someone on this board stated that Garcia should be traded because the experts said his small frame wonít be optimal for a long term career as a starting pitcher . So why not trade him while he has value ? Why hold on to him ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 08-31-2020 at 08:03 PM.

  16. #749
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,266
    Its not that easy. You have to find a partner who is willing to give you more than just a JA Happ type. I wish we could just trade Deivi Garcia for Mike Clevinger and be done with it... but it's not that simple. Every team's scouts have a prospect or two that they see as their top target. The teams who have those prospects will always have the best chance to get the best players. No point in trading Deivi Garcia if you get Caleb Smith back right?

    For a trade to happen, teams have to match up. I'm a big fan of Deivi Garcia and Clarke Schmidt, but there are plenty of better pitching prospects out there. So I agree completely that when you can trade prospects for a proven guy you should do it (though it didn't work out so great when they got Sonny Gray and James Paxton, two trades very few complained about at the time they were made). On the other hand, those trades are not easy to make happen. Therefore, I choose to root for a player to become a great pitcher for the Yankees, rather than rooting for them to get traded. If and when they get traded, I am not usually upset about parting ways with the prospect.

    All of that being said, Posada, please don't take this the wrong way. What you choose to hope for is your own decision, not mine. All I'm saying is that it's not practical to expect these prospects to be traded, though hoping for it is perfectly fine if thats your bag.

  17. 09-01-2020, 04:43 PM

  18. #750
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Its not that easy. You have to find a partner who is willing to give you more than just a JA Happ type. I wish we could just trade Deivi Garcia for Mike Clevinger and be done with it... but it's not that simple. Every team's scouts have a prospect or two that they see as their top target. The teams who have those prospects will always have the best chance to get the best players. No point in trading Deivi Garcia if you get Caleb Smith back right?

    For a trade to happen, teams have to match up. I'm a big fan of Deivi Garcia and Clarke Schmidt, but there are plenty of better pitching prospects out there. So I agree completely that when you can trade prospects for a proven guy you should do it (though it didn't work out so great when they got Sonny Gray and James Paxton, two trades very few complained about at the time they were made). On the other hand, those trades are not easy to make happen. Therefore, I choose to root for a player to become a great pitcher for the Yankees, rather than rooting for them to get traded. If and when they get traded, I am not usually upset about parting ways with the prospect.

    All of that being said, Posada, please don't take this the wrong way. What you choose to hope for is your own decision, not mine. All I'm saying is that it's not practical to expect these prospects to be traded, though hoping for it is perfectly fine if thats your bag.

    But thats the thing all reports said that it would have taken Garcia and Frazier or Schmidt and Frazier to get it done . The gray and happ trades didnít require top yankee prospects . Paxton did but they could have done better for sheffield. And it also not practical to think even most top prospects that are mentioned in trades are going to pan out to anything great or good enough to help the team win the ws . See where I find fault is that cashman and the front office keeps looking 3 to 5 years ahead instead of looking what is directly in front of that , and the Mess that is starting rotation behind cole is proof of that . Cashman has been doing that approach without change since 2007 and 08 when he banked the future of the starting rotation on Hughes , Kennedy and joba. And we all see how that turned out . And he did it again with the killer bs and then again with Sanchez , judge , serevino and andujar , and again with mixed results at best . I am not including Torres because he was developed in the indians farm system and took less than 2 years before he was ready to be called up . The definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again Expecting different results . And that is what cashman has been doing since 2007 . After 13 years of bad and mixed results at best, logic would dictate a different approach. Now if you donít agree with that , that is fine but my opinion stands and the results of the last 12 seasons speak for themselves .

Page 50 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •