Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Jorge, international and domestic scouts are drooling with excitement and effusive in their praise. These are seasoned pro's, their jobs and reputations dependent on getting it right. When they say 5 tools it means something and something very special reserved for the rare few. They are first and foremost evaluators of talent. Their job and skill requires a keen eye to spot special talent at a young age. Comparisons to Trout and Cabrerra are not tossed lightly. Trout was scouted at 13 yrs old. His high school games as a junior and senior had almost as many scouts as fans.

Is he a sure thing? No one is. Recall Brien Taylor. But, at this stage of his development based on the keen eye of professional talent evaluators he is the best young international prospect in the game.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jorge, international and domestic scouts are drooling with excitement and effusive in their praise. These are seasoned pro's, their jobs and reputations dependent on getting it right. When they say 5 tools it means something and something very special reserved for the rare few. They are first and foremost evaluators of talent. Their job and skill requires a keen eye to spot special talent at a young age. Comparisons to Trout and Cabrerra are not tossed lightly. Trout was scouted at 13 yrs old. His high school games as a junior and senior had almost as many scouts as fans.

Is he a sure thing? No one is. Recall Brien Taylor. But, at this stage of his development based on the keen eye of professional talent evaluators he is the best young international prospect in the game.

Did I ever say he will not pan out or he isn’t any of those things that is said aBout him ? All I said is that I have a hard time getting excited over a teenager who hasn’t played a single inning of minor league baseball . When he starts doing the things that the scouts say he will do , then I will get excited

Exactly. Call me when he has some minor league experience to get excited about. Right? Fime.

In the mean time some of us who like to follow prospects and their development are excited as hell about landing him and the scouting reports coming from the international scouts.

Oh and btw, when Aaron Boone visited the Dominican Republic in January along with several coaches, he was amazed by a hitting session that Dominguez put in with Gary Sánchez and Miguel Andújar.

“He’s physically so impressive at such a young age,” Boone says. “He looks the part with Gary and Miggy in the cage.”
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Exactly. Call me when he has some minor league experience to get excited about. Right? Fime.

In the mean time some of us who like to follow prospects and their development are excited as hell about landing him and the scouting reports coming from the international scouts.

Oh and btw, when Aaron Boone visited the Dominican Republic in January along with several coaches, he was amazed by a hitting session that Dominguez put in with Gary Sánchez and Miguel Andújar.

“He’s physically so impressive at such a young age,” Boone says. “He looks the part with Gary and Miggy in the cage.”
    Again that’s great and all to hear . But it doesn’t excite me a lot . But I am glad the yanks signed him .

Prospects are such a crap shoot. I'm glad we signed him but we've all seen way too many top kids never amount to anything, even if they dominated at all levels of the minor leagues.

We won't know for quite a while. I remember when Boston signed Moncada I was disappointed we didn't get him. He struggled big time his first few years w the White Sox before figuring it out. Yankee fans wouldn't have that type of patience lol

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Prospects are such a crap shoot. I'm glad we signed him but we've all seen way too many top kids never amount to anything, even if they dominated at all levels of the minor leagues.

We won't know for quite a while. I remember when Boston signed Moncada I was disappointed we didn't get him. He struggled big time his first few years w the White Sox before figuring it out. Yankee fans wouldn't have that type of patience lol
    Of course the white Sox has the patience , they have been rebuilding for years . All they could do is wait and see what they had in their young players .

I'm just not sure how as a Yankee fan you can't be excited to know this kid is coming. He might not have performed in the states yet, but that didn't stop the vast majority of the scouting site ranked him as a consensus top 25-50 spec as a 16-17yr old. Those scouts go on and on about the kid's 5 plus-plus tools and its not very often you hear a Trout, Griffey, Bo Jackson comp from a 17yr old kid

If he develops like scouts and analysts believe he will, then we'll have another superstar in our lineup. To me thats exciting

Speaking of exciting my source told me he was told the Roderick Arias deal was done for 3.5-4M. He also said the Diego Benitez deal had been agreed on but he didn't know the $$. He did say he saw an internal scouting memo on Benitez. The memo said Benitez has grown a couple more inches and added some weight also putting him around 6'3 205lbs. He said they are looking at him more as a 3rd baseman than a SS, which would be great for us because 3rd base is the weakest position in our system

Thanks Day. Good news indeed. Two very exciting young players. Would be welcome additions.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'm just not sure how as a Yankee fan you can't be excited to know this kid is coming. He might not have performed in the states yet, but that didn't stop the vast majority of the scouting site ranked him as a consensus top 25-50 spec as a 16-17yr old. Those scouts go on and on about the kid's 5 plus-plus tools and its not very often you hear a Trout, Griffey, Bo Jackson comp from a 17yr old kid

If he develops like scouts and analysts believe he will, then we'll have another superstar in our lineup. To me thats exciting

Speaking of exciting my source told me he was told the Roderick Arias deal was done for 3.5-4M. He also said the Diego Benitez deal had been agreed on but he didn't know the $$. He did say he saw an internal scouting memo on Benitez. The memo said Benitez has grown a couple more inches and added some weight also putting him around 6'3 205lbs. He said they are looking at him more as a 3rd baseman than a SS, which would be great for us because 3rd base is the weakest position in our system
    See? That is the catch”IF he develops” . We don’t know for sure if he will develop. And that is why I have a hard time getting excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    See? That is the catch”IF he develops” . We don’t know for sure if he will develop. And that is why I have a hard time getting excited.
    If u haven't noticed prospects, their development, ranking and projections are a very big deal for alot of us on here. If you don't get excited by these guys with amazing talent we have coming, u don't have to be negative about them for the rest of us who are very interested in following them closely

Getting excited and figuring out what u have coming through the system actually makes baseball even more interesting IMO . A strong development and farm system is absolutely the key to a teams long term success.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Could they have said the same about Trout? Machado? Yelich? Bergman?

No such thing as a sure bet. But there are certain prospects, like Dominguez, who show such talent and tools at young ages, it's hard not to get excited and anticipate greatness. The difference Jorge, I am a glass half full type person, I try to find the positives and look for the best in people and a situation. I am often disappointed. But an outlook and perspective I choose. I sense you are a half empty guy. Expecting the worse. You are rarely disappointed, it's always a win - win.

Could they have said the same about Trout? Machado? Yelich? Bergman?

No such thing as a sure bet. But there are certain prospects, like Dominguez, who show such talent and tools at young ages, it's hard not to get excited and anticipate greatness. The difference Jorge, I am a glass half full type person, I try to find the positives and look for the best in people and a situation. I am often disappointed. But an outlook and perspective I choose. I sense you are a half empty guy. Expecting the worse. You are rarely disappointed, it's always a win - win.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    exactly
    I am sure. He has the talent to become a great player , but I just can’t get excited about him until he has actually played in the minors

Page 46 of 66 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast