Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    how i the world is that statement make it sound like you approved of the signings, your comment is like why bother. These are trash un drafted college guys and we suck at developing starting pitching anyways so why bother even signing them

Actually I never ever said the Yankees shouldn’t be signing all those pitchers . I just pointed out that they have been doing that for years without much success and that I Don’t expect much from those signings until i see them in the majors . Which you in not so many words said when you called them lottery signings .
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-17-2020 at 02:02 PM.

I stand corrected ...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Good lord.

His logic is troubling to say the least. Talk about dodging the point...

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Good lord.

His logic is troubling to say the least. Talk about dodging the point...
    just a tad difficult to understand and follow??

Talked to my source a bit about the draft FA signings and new IFA rules.

He said the Yanks were very happy with there draft considering they only had 3 picks. They think Wells is very athletic and had lousy catching coaches and they believe they can make him an average or much better C pretty quickly. Interesting side note, he did say they view Wells as a likely long ter replacement for Sanchez

They really love Hauver bat, especially if he can stick at 2nd base. They feel like they stole one here because he was playing out of position so he wasn't as high on other teams lists

They are high on their 3rd pick Way as well/He was a JUCO kid so not a ton of teams saw him. They believe their is alot of projection left in him. He has a really simple motion, he spins the ball well and he has a good spin rate on his FB. He's 91-93 but the Yanks think they uses their magic Velo touch on this kid and get him up to 95+ but they really like the arm action and they way he spins the balls

apperently they are going to be all over the undrafted FA market, especially pitchers

He also said the big concern was with the new IFA rules and not being able to trade for extra money anymore they may loose out on there prize class in not this yrs but the 21 class where they are supposed to have deals with 2 of the top 3. That would be an absolute shame if we missed out on 1 or both those specs from the 21 IFA market

I hope they are right about those catching coaches because that wells kid is going to need to be up in the majors in less than 5 years if they plan on having him replace sanchez . Because I will be surprised if sanchez is still catching in 5 years

The New York Yankees have signed a pair of undrafted free agents:
    - OF Elijah Dunham
    - OF Aaron Palensky
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Hey KB have you heard anything about us losing any of our top specs were supposed to sign the next couple yrs because of the change in the rules and not being able to trade for extra money.

I was told teams are backing out of deals because they don't have any money coming in and can't afford to pay IFA or draft specs top dollar.

While it would suck to loose anyone from this class i'm far more concerned about how solid their deals are with Arias and Benitez. I keep reading more about both but especially Arias and it would absolutely suck to loose out on him. Scouts are almost as crazy for this kid as they were about Dominguez.

The scouting reports on Benitez keep getting better and better and it sounds like he has both the bat and arm to play 3rd if SS doesn't workout. From everything i'm reading about him he would be one of our top 5-10 specs.

I could really see Arias and Dominguez being our SS and CFers for the next 10 plus yr. As u mentioned i have seen several scouts say they could easily see Dominguez and Arias as the 2 top specs in baseball once they get stateside.

I'm really, really hoping that we don't loose out on either Arias or Benitez because of recently changed rules. They already make it more difficult for us because we constantly have one of the bonus pools

Day I think we have a pretty good SS for the next 5 yrs or so. I am excited to see Dominguez.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Is Dominguez ready for the majors now?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day I think we have a pretty good SS for the next 5 yrs or so. I am excited to see Dominguez.
    Love Torres but his glove and concerns about his first step make me question if SS is really his long term position. If Arias truly has Lindor, prime Tulo skill set if everything goes right then i'd rather see him at SS over Torres. Same thing for Benitez, if he turns out to be anything close to the Correa comp i'd love to see him at SS if we miss on Arias or he doesn't develop like scouts think.

Torres value is mostly still in his bat and by the time one of these guys is ready to take over, DJ will probably be gone opening 2nd back up for Torres. Torres, Dominguez and Arias would be one hell of a young up the middle core for a long time

Its just not easy to acquire elite talent like that, whatever position they play, so it would be a real shame to miss out on either or worse both. IMO u can never have to much elite talent and maybe one of these guys ends up being the key piece to our next dynasty

Were going to be good no matter what, i just think from what i've read both Arias and Benitez are extremely talented players and if we are able to add them it will give us a chance to get much better.

I really like what Cashman and his crew have been concentrating on in their drafts and IFA signings the last couple yrs. They are collecting elite up the middle talent and high ceiling arms. If you have an abundance of pitching, CFers, 2b, SS and C's you can pretty much trade for anything else we might need since those are by far the most difficult to fill and valuable positions on the field.

I read another article from analysts at fangraphs, he was supposed to rank the top 50 specs in our system but because our system is so, so deep he went all the way to 75. Thats 75 players, pre draft/ IFA signings that scouts think could be full time MLB regulars. Thats impressive no matter how u look at it. Hopefully we have some success developing that talent and eventually have a system like the Dodgers and Rays that seem to turnout at least 1-2 good players to contribute each yr, plus have tons of pieces to trade for elite talent if we want to.

The author said he could easily see the Yanks ending up with a top 3 overall farm if we can hit on a fair group of our elite talent thats coming up to through the MILB system. Hopefully thats the way it turns out

Yanks signed Austin Wells to a 2.5m bonus
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...deal-25m-bonus

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yanks signed Austin Wells to a 2.5m bonus
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...deal-25m-bonus
    Finally some not two people bickering news.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    Finally some not two people bickering news.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Yankees need all the catchers they can get . Good signing

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yankees need all the catchers they can get . Good signing
    so how far away do u think he is

Page 37 of 64 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast