Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    Now that the 5 round draft is over, anyone left can be signed free-agent style for a max of $20,000. Now, many, if not all, the best leftovers will go back to school and try again next year, but since $20,000 is pocket-change to the Yankees, shouldn't they be trying to sign all the best remaining players like they did during the international draft a few years ago?

I would love to see a story where they signed a horde of the best remaining players who do not choose to try again next year. It seems like a cheap and easy method to acquire a lot of potential talent for a very low cost.

Thoughts?
    Yeah. They can probably grab a bunch of college seniors. I’d imagine they will load up on college senior power arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    They have been doing that for close to 15 years now and the only starting pitcher they have produced worth holding on to up to this point is serevino

Regardless of how many starters they have produced. These guys are complete lottery tickets, if they can turn the 20k to sign these guys into a 2nd or 3rd trade piece or a MLB reliever thats a huge win.

As we covered, almost to death here in the past, its incredibly difficult to produce TORP especially consistently. Clevend,LA and Tampa are really the only ones that produce TOR arms consistently. Thats why it was a great move to get Clevelands top guy to be our director of pitching. Houston is the best at helping pitchers find their full potential.

As far as Sevy being the only TORP we have deeveloped in a long time. I would beat heavily that is going to change with this huge group of talented arms we have coming

Regardless of how many starters they have produced. These guys are complete lottery tickets, if they can turn the 20k to sign these guys into a 2nd or 3rd trade piece or a MLB reliever thats a huge win.

As we covered, almost to death here in the past, its incredibly difficult to produce TORP especially consistently. Clevend,LA and Tampa are really the only ones that produce TOR arms consistently. Thats why it was a great move to get Clevelands top guy to be our director of pitching. Houston is the best at helping pitchers find their full potential.

As far as Sevy being the only TORP we have deeveloped in a long time. I would beat heavily that is going to change with this huge group of talented arms we have coming

Well I do hope you are right that the yanks have something in all these arms they are signing . But I won’t hold my breath on them yet

What could possibly be your reasoning that u don't like them signing as many of the top guys that didn't get drafted? The 20k? If one of these guys turns into anything close to an MLB starter thats a massive win for us

What could possibly be your reasoning that u don't like them signing as many of the top guys that didn't get drafted? The 20k? If one of these guys turns into anything close to an MLB starter thats a massive win for us
    JUST STOP with the logic! Please.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Well, I hope there are very few righty pitchers. We know how easy it is for them to get the ball pulled over the short porch in left field.

Ignorance is bliss

New York Yankees have signed the following undrafted free agents:
    - RHP Carson Coleman
    - RHP Ocean Gabonia
    - RHP Trevor Holloway
    - RHP Connor Pellerin
    - RHP Jarod Lessar

More detail see: https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...-agent-tracker
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-17-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Well I do hope you are right that the yanks have something in all these arms they are signing . But I won’t hold my breath on them yet
    As Dayners has suggested what is the downside? At 20K per if one makes the roster it's a HR! Please keep in mind these are UNDRAFTED lottery tickets. Yanks spend more on pre and post game buffet! (Although with CC retired the costs have come down)

Quote Originally Posted by kinkotheclown View Post
    well, i hope there are very few righty pitchers. We know how easy it is for them to get the ball pulled over the short porch in left field.
    tmml

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    As Dayners has suggested what is the downside? At 20K per if one makes the roster it's a HR! Please keep in mind these are UNDRAFTED lottery tickets. Yanks spend more on pre and post game buffet! (Although with CC retired the costs have come down)
    What he really doesn't like is i posted it so he has to take the contrary opinion to what i post

Interesting article on Bleacher report talking about our 1st round pick Wells with MILB director Oppenheimer. I thought it was very interesting that Oppenheimer was so quick to say that he's had lousy coaches defensively, they believe they can improve his defense very quickly, also that Yanks had Well going higher in the draft and were surprised he got to them.

I really do hope they can improve his defense like they think they can stay behind the plate where his value is highest

What he really doesn't like is i posted it so he has to take the contrary opinion to what i post
    How did I take a contrary position when I said I hoped you were right ? If anyone is desperate to argue it seems to be you . I mean you even stated it was a lottery with these prospects which is what I meant when I said I wouldn’t hold me my breath on these prospects until they are in the majors . Please read my post before jumping to a conclusion.

They have been doing that for close to 15 years now and the only starting pitcher they have produced worth holding on to up to this point is serevino
    How did I take a contrary position when I said I hoped you were right ? If anyone is desperate to argue it seems to be you . I mean you even stated it was a lottery with these prospects which is what I meant when I said I wouldn’t hold me my breath on these prospects until they are in the majors . Please read my post before jumping to a conclusion.
    how i the world is that statement make it sound like you approved of the signings, your comment is like why bother. These are trash un drafted college guys and we suck at developing starting pitching anyways so why bother even signing them

Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast