Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 949
  1. #481
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So true. The last time we say that was the Mo, Petite, Bernie, Jorge and Jeter era.
    Those guys all shared a huge component. Health.
    Sevy, Sanchez, Judge are all injury recidivists. Torres has had his share of hip issues and Andjuar had the shoulder which was hopefully a one time problem,

    I don't think this group has the youth or the durability to repeat what the other group did.
    Torres, Andujar and Sexy are the real key pieces IMO. If They can all stay healthy and Sevy get right? We have a nice group. In 2-4 years they will still be under 30 and we will be looking at Dominguez, Medina, Gil, Perazza getting to the bigs and bolstering them

    If they keep their farm together and continue to win in the International market, the Yanks should be set for a long, long time.
    talent wise i think the group of Sevy,Sanchez, Judge, Andujar and Torres are on the same talent level of the "core 4" group but as u said the thing that is holding the new group back is health.

    The new group you mentioned headlined by Dominguez, Medina, Gil,Peraza, Alcantara and a few other could all turn into super stars, I do think we'll get a couple from that group. If we can develop another core thats on par with the current core would be incredible, especially if we can keep Sevy and Torres around to supplement the new group.

    As long as Cashman is the GM i would guarantee that were going to keep building an elite farm. They went to great lengths this winter to get the scouting, MILB pitching and coaching as well as the Physio staff, they spend a great deal on money to make sure they do everything the can to acquire and develop top talent to not continue making the farm a very top priority.

    Its a great thing to know that we have one of if not the most talented roster, loaded with homegrown talent, a top pitching staff, with elite specs and injured superstars, Sevy when healthy and a top of the rotation talent thats suspended. On top of all that we have a strong and deep enough system we could go out and trade for just about anyone and not nearly wipe us out

    If we could get a system like the Dodgers that seems to produce an AS level talent every other yr and a ton of top trade bait that allow then to keep adding to MLB talent through trade

    If they Yanks can figure out how to take advantage to the new draft rules and sign the top FA players coming out of college that would be a huge plus towards keeping us near the top of the system rankings. The Yanks are always going to heavily prioritize the IFA market because those kids make up over half the system and we acquire most of our top talent that way

    I think Cashman will keep our focus on the farm and development and with as good as we've gotten at that we'll continue to push top talent towards the MLB. The next big wave were going to see is pitching and in that wave of talent we'll get some serious upgrades talent wise both in the BP and rotation. It wouldn't surprise me if they added 3 new pieces from the farm to the rotation over the next 3yrs and double that of the BP. There are some incredible elite arm talent we have coming and if we can just get a couple to reach there ceiling and some find their long term roles in the pen and we could really have something special pitching wise in the next couple yrs

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,914
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    talent wise i think the group of Sevy,Sanchez, Judge, Andujar and Torres are on the same talent level of the "core 4" group but as u said the thing that is holding the new group back is health.

    The new group you mentioned headlined by Dominguez, Medina, Gil,Peraza, Alcantara and a few other could all turn into super stars, I do think we'll get a couple from that group. If we can develop another core thats on par with the current core would be incredible, especially if we can keep Sevy and Torres around to supplement the new group.

    As long as Cashman is the GM i would guarantee that were going to keep building an elite farm. They went to great lengths this winter to get the scouting, MILB pitching and coaching as well as the Physio staff, they spend a great deal on money to make sure they do everything the can to acquire and develop top talent to not continue making the farm a very top priority.

    Its a great thing to know that we have one of if not the most talented roster, loaded with homegrown talent, a top pitching staff, with elite specs and injured superstars, Sevy when healthy and a top of the rotation talent thats suspended. On top of all that we have a strong and deep enough system we could go out and trade for just about anyone and not nearly wipe us out

    If we could get a system like the Dodgers that seems to produce an AS level talent every other yr and a ton of top trade bait that allow then to keep adding to MLB talent through trade

    If they Yanks can figure out how to take advantage to the new draft rules and sign the top FA players coming out of college that would be a huge plus towards keeping us near the top of the system rankings. The Yanks are always going to heavily prioritize the IFA market because those kids make up over half the system and we acquire most of our top talent that way

    I think Cashman will keep our focus on the farm and development and with as good as we've gotten at that we'll continue to push top talent towards the MLB. The next big wave were going to see is pitching and in that wave of talent we'll get some serious upgrades talent wise both in the BP and rotation. It wouldn't surprise me if they added 3 new pieces from the farm to the rotation over the next 3yrs and double that of the BP. There are some incredible elite arm talent we have coming and if we can just get a couple to reach there ceiling and some find their long term roles in the pen and we could really have something special pitching wise in the next couple yrs
    This is abn area where I thin he's done well. I don't like many things cashman has done and I think he has thus far failed as the GM.
    With that said, if he can build a farm that allows us to truly contend for decades? I will have to change that opinion.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    549
    I wrote my first article for bronxbaseballdaily you guys should check it out. I have more coming after the draft.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,279
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    I wrote my first article for bronxbaseballdaily you guys should check it out. I have more coming after the draft.
    I will check it out , thanks

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    I wrote my first article for bronxbaseballdaily you guys should check it out. I have more coming after the draft.
    Great job knicksballers. So happy to have you a part of the blog. I am excited about your future contributions.


    Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

  6. #486
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Great job knicksballers. So happy to have you a part of the blog. I am excited about your future contributions.
    Phoba! I'm glad to see you posting. Hope all is well and some of the madness has calmed down.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    35,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Great job knicksballers. So happy to have you a part of the blog. I am excited about your future contributions.
    Phoba!!



    Ignorance is bliss

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Great job knicksballers. So happy to have you a part of the blog. I am excited about your future contributions.
    Also kudos should be extended to you as well. Great job by both of you.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  9. #489
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    I wrote my first article for bronxbaseballdaily you guys should check it out. I have more coming after the draft.
    Congrats KB, excellent article. I'm very much looking forward to working with u and Phoba again,

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    549
    Thank you everyone.

  11. #491
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,060
    Yankees forfeited their second- and fifth-round picks to sign Gerrit Cole.

    Yankees could target with first-round pick in 2020 MLB Draft
    1) OF Daniel Cabrera, LSU: 38th overall prospect by MLB.com. ...
    2) SS Carson Tucker, Mountain Pointe HS (Ariz.): 52nd overall prospect. ...
    3) LHP Jake Eder, Vanderbilt: 59th overall prospect. ...
    4) RHP Tanner Burns, Auburn: 28th overall prospect.
    5) 2B Justin Foscue, Mississippi State: 32nd overall prospect

    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/5-pr...raft/313401376

    According to George King from the Post, The Yankees have been linked to University of Georgia right-hander Cole Wilcox, Baylor shortstop Nick Loftin, Mt. Pointe (Ariz.) High School shortstop Carson Tucker and Mt. Carmel (Ill.) High School shortstop Ed Howard. Wilcox is ranked 23rd by MLP Pipeline, Loftin is 36th, Tucker is 52nd and Howard 15th. Tucker is committed to Texas and Howard to Oklahoma.
    Last edited by drt1010; 06-10-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  12. #492
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    549
    I really would like Ed Howard but honestly I think they're all just keeping that seat warm for a certain prospect.

  13. #493
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,060
    Get to know Yankees prospect Jasson Dominguez, who has drawn Mike Trout comparisons
    At 5-foot-10, 195 pounds, this 17-year-old could very well be baseball's best player one day
    By Scott Thompson | Jun 8 | 11:21AM

    When you hear the word "Martian," what comes to your mind? Alien? Out of this world?

    That's the nickname given to Yankees No. 1 prospect Jasson Dominguez, and those descriptions are what scouts, evaluators and anyone who has been able to see him play have thought. The name is truly fitting because the kid just seems to be from another planet with how he's played the game at such a young age.

    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/get-...sons/313498350
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  14. #494
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,060
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    I really would like Ed Howard but honestly I think they're all just keeping that seat warm for a certain prospect.
    Yanks do like stockpiling SS.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  15. #495
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    8,907
    KB. What spec would that be?

Page 33 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •