Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    So I am correct. Thank you for saying that
    Torres was in high A and two years later up and playing
    German was in high A in 16 and pitched for the Yankees in 17
    Andujar was in high A in 16 and got his debut in 17
    Those are three guys in the last few years who got an invite out of A and got to the team
    On the fast track

In other clubs, it can be even faster

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So I am correct. Thank you for saying that
    Torres was in high A and two years later up and playing
    German was in high A in 16 and pitched for the Yankees in 17
    Andujar was in high A in 16 and got his debut in 17
    Those are three guys in the last few years who got an invite out of A and got to the team
    On the fast track

In other clubs, it can be even faster
    Correct about what ? What the heck are you talking about ? You attack me and claim that I said that those prospects didn’t deserve a ST invite and then come out of left field and start talking about how some past prospects were ready for fast tracking to the majors . And by the way. , none of those guys you just mentioned were CATCHING prospects and that is what the conversation was about . And unless you can give me proof that any of their current catching prospects could be fast tracked to the majors , your can’t say you are correct either .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-23-2020 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Doesn’t mean any will be ready any time soon for the majors
    Correct about what ? What the heck are you talking about ? You attack me and claim that I said that those prospects didn’t deserve a ST invite and then come out of left field and start talking about how some past prospects were ready for fast tracking to the majors . And by the way. , none of those guys you just mentioned were CATCHING prospects and that is what the conversation was about . And unless you can give me proof that any of their current catching prospects could be fast tracked to the majors , your can’t say you are correct either .
    I was correct in saying that some guys make it quickly. You agreed. That contradicts your initial post.

FYI,
    Gary Sanchez was in high A in 15 and was in the bigs in 17.

There you go.

Ignorance is bliss

I was correct in saying that some guys make it quickly. You agreed. That contradicts your initial post.

FYI,
    Gary Sanchez was in high A in 15 and was in the bigs in 17.

There you go.
    Sanchez actually went to AA and AAA in 15 before he made his debut in 16 , ANd was in the minors for 6 YEARS before he was brought up to the majors full time . And again YOU shifted the argument towards whether a prospect COULD be fast tracked to the majors. When you originally attacked me and falsely accused me of saying that the catching prospects originally discussed didn’t deserve a ST invite because they were in A ball . Talk about moving the goal posts .

And in case you accuse me of lying here is your post making that aforementioned false accusation .

ginally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am attacking your post. That is correct
    I am attacking it not only because it is incorrect but now because you drag another poster I. To blame him
    For your foolish post

Mlb history is littered with players who got fast tracked.
    Some players develop faster than others
    To assume that all A ball players are too far to deserve an ST invite is incorrect. If they get an invite, wouldn’t that mean the team thinks they are fairly close and want to give them a taste?
    A team would not invite a guy if they were 3-4-5 years away

Why can’t you simply own that you made a comment that is Inaccurate instead of blaming another poster
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-23-2020 at 06:42 PM.

1-
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    Teams often bring up select prospects to expose them to the big leagueseven if they are far from the show, evem lower level prospects.
    2-
    Doesn’t mean any will be ready any time soon for the majors
    3-
    Try and follow the storyline. He never said they would be ready. If you actually read his post he says
    even if they are far from the show.

Seriously dude, it was one sentence and you criticize it while making the exact same point he made?
    You belittle his post but make the same point like you are saying something different.

Weak
    4-
    Your post should have been directed at webslinger , he was the one who first responded that those minor league catchers were no where near ready for the majors , I simply just repeated what webslinger said . So if anything your misguided anger should have been at him not me .

WEB-
    You're kidding. They're A ball players. Anthony Seigler is currently the Gary Sanchez of the Charleston riverdogs.
    By saying the are A ball players he meant that they were nowhere near ready for the majors. .
    9-
    Sanchez actually went to AA and AAA in 15 before he made his debut in 16 , ANd was in the minors for 6 YEARS before he was brought up to the majors full time . And again YOU shifted the argument towards whether a prospect COULD be fast tracked to the majors. When you originally attacked me and falsely accused me of saying that the catching prospects originally discussed didn’t deserve a ST invite because they were in A ball . Talk about moving the goal posts .

And in case you accuse me of lying here is your post making that aforementioned false accusation .

I am attacking your post. That is correct
    I am attacking it not only because it is incorrect but now because you drag another poster I. To blame him
    For your foolish post
    r
    1- Original argument-
    2-You reiterated in a negative and critical way what the original post said.
    3- That's what my initial comment regarded.
    4- You bring up A ball a reference to Webs post (That you blamed for your initial post)
    5- You expand on said Idea regarding A ball players and That "They were no where near ready for the majors"

6- Not shown because I simply list a couple of players who went from A to the majors in under 2 seasons. That is fast tracked. They moved very quickly through the system A-AA-AAA- Mlb
    7-Not shown- You suggest the argument was about catchers and that I couldn't find one who got to MLB quickly from A to the majors.
    8-I said Sanchez.
    9-Of course he went to AA and AAA. The overwhelming majority of players in the system go through all levels even if it's for a short time.

Recap-
    1-You piped in and contradicted a post with which you actually agreed.
    2-I rebutted.
    3-You blamed another poster for your comment.
    4-I commented.
    5-You suggested that A ball players were far from the Bigs.
    6-I rebutted with facts and examples
    7- You asked for a different set of facts.
    8-I gave them.
    9-You said I was changing the goal posts

Sorry Doc and Day. I'm done. He is welcome to his incoherent and false last words.

Ignorance is bliss

Sorry Doc and Day. I'm done. He is welcome to his incoherent and false last words.
    Thank you!
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

1-

2-

3-

4-

9-

1- Original argument-
    4- You bring up A ball a reference to Webs post (That you blamed for your initial post)
    5- You expand on said Idea regarding A ball players and That "They were no where near ready for the majors"

6- Not shown because I simply list a couple of players who went from A to the majors in under 2 seasons. That is fast tracked. They moved very quickly through the system A-AA-AAA- Mlb
    7-Not shown- You suggest the argument was about catchers and that I couldn't find one who got to MLB quickly from A to the majors.
    8-I said Sanchez.
    9-Of course he went to AA and AAA. The overwhelming majority of players in the system go through all levels even if it's for a short time.

Recap-
    2-I rebutted.
    4-I commented.
    8-I gave them.

Just put him on ignore. If you don’t it only proves you like to argue with him, you can just put him on ignore.

1-

2-

3-

4-

9-

1- Original argument-

8-I said Sanchez.

Recap-
    2-I rebutted.
    4-I commented.
    8-I gave them.

Says the one who falsely accused me of saying that those prospects didn’t deserve a ST invite because they are in single A ball when I NEVER even implied that. And I never even expanded on any idea , all I did was agree with what another poster said about them not being ready anytime soon . And you STILL haven’t given me any PROOF otherwise . All you did was talk with incoherent nonsense that strayed from the original discussion
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-24-2020 at 12:25 PM.

I am done warning. Next post not related to topic will be deleted. Clear?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Klown, 2 other u are forgetting is both Schmidt and Garcia started last yr in A ball also. Lots of the really talented player even just skip AAA, For a really talented players its nothing to go from low A to the MLB in 2 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Klown, 2 other u are forgetting is both Schmidt and Garcia started last yr in A ball also. Lots of the really talented player even just skip AAA, For a really talented players its nothing to go from low A to the MLB in 2 seasons.
    Word! Thanks. I fully agree that that happens, I tried to explain it does, albeit not the common way to get to the bigs.
    Thank you for the info.

Ignorance is bliss

What does that have to do with the Yankees catching prospects being ready to make it to the majors anytime soon ? I mean here are two articles that show that their three best prospects are years away from the majors .

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...omez-prospects

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...hez-higashioka

What does that have to do with the Yankees catching prospects being ready to make it to the majors anytime soon ? I mean here are two articles that show that their three best prospects are years away from the majors .

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...omez-prospects

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...hez-higashioka
    Klown was talking about prospects that made it from A ball to the MLB in 2yrs or less, both Devi and Schmidt did that. By my definition that would be ON topic. Doc please correct me if i'm wrong and I'll delete the post

On topic.

Klown was talking about prospects that made it from A ball to the MLB in 2yrs or less, both Devi and Schmidt did that. By my definition that would be ON topic. Doc please correct me if i'm wrong and I'll delete the post
    Never said you were off topic . I was just talking about the Yankees catching prospects and whether they will be ready for the majors anytime soon and as I just showed in those links, as of right now they are years away from making it to the majors . The original post I was attacked for was only talking about their current catching prospects .

Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast