Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1456
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Hey Day, who did we trade for those guys?
    John Ryan Murphy for Hicks, we lost that one huh

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    John Ryan Murphy for Hicks, we lost that one huh
    Huge loss.

Hey Day, the Yankees took Schmidt in the first right?
    Imagine if they took him in the second or third? Wouldn't that have been a bargain?

Bird? What round was he drafted? 5th? How is he in the conversation?

Oh yeah. Clueless posters

Ignorance is bliss

Yankees 2021 Prospect Preview: Everson Pereira
    Despite setbacks, Pereira is a player upon whom our eyes should be kept.

By Jon Rimmer Apr 19, 2021, 11:00am EDT

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...r-speed-upside
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

What do you guys know about Chris Gittens? Since the Yanks are beyond horrible at 1B why arenít they giving this guy a shot? I get it the guy strikes out a ton but in 2019 he still hit .281 and had 23 bombs and seems to knock in runs with decent OPS and OBP. Iím donít know anything about how he covers 1B but it has to be better than when Bruce was out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    What do you guys know about Chris Gittens? Since the Yanks are beyond horrible at 1B why arenít they giving this guy a shot? I get it the guy strikes out a ton but in 2019 he still hit .281 and had 23 bombs and seems to knock in runs with decent OPS and OBP. Iím donít know anything about how he covers 1B but it has to be better than when Bruce was out there.

I know I would have given him a shot rather than waste about 2 mill on Bruce

Yankees 2021 Prospect Preview: Anthony Seigler
    The switch-hitting catcher needs better results this year.

By Tom Krosnowski Apr 22, 2021, 11:00am EDT

There was plenty of buzz around Anthony Seigler when the Yankees selected him 23rd overall in the 2018 MLB Draft. An athletic, switch-hitting catcher (who was also a switch-pitcher in high school), he fit in perfectly with what the Yankees were looking for in their system. Drafted out of high school, expectations were high for Seigler.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...sanchez-minors
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Some exciting news from camp...

Hayden Wesneski is sitting 96 and hitting 98.
    Ken Waldichuk is sitting 96 and hitting 98.
    Mitch Spence is sitting 95 and hitting 97.

All three will be rolled out as starters this year. They were 6th, 5th, and 10th round draft picks respectively in the 2019 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post

Gittens had the highest exit velocity in the whole minor leagues in 2019. He also was voted defensive 1b of the year in the Eastern League (though not known for his defense at all). The guy can also hit.

I'd personally love to see him in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Gittens had the highest exit velocity in the whole minor leagues in 2019. He also was voted defensive 1b of the year in the Eastern League (though not known for his defense at all). The guy can also hit.

I'd personally love to see him in the lineup.
    Based on this, I assume he would have been a better choice to fill in for Voit? Ford is certainly no GG.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Based on this, I assume he would have been a better choice to fill in for Voit? Ford is certainly no GG.
    Idk, they need a lefty bat, Ford has had major league success in the past, and Gittens did what he did in Double-A. There's a big jump from Double-A to the majors and defensive first basemen of the year in Double-A Eastern League does not really guarantee the glove is real. My understanding is his defense is actually average at best. I don't have a problem with holding Gittens down rather than putting him on the 40 man and having to dfa someone to put him on the major league team only to demote him when voit gets back anyway. I think logistics may have prevented his debut but I do think he is going to be a guy you hear about soon.

Seems reasonable. I agree Ford earned the PT. I also agree big jump from AA to the ML.

Thanks for the input.

Yoendrys Gomez is sitting 96-98 and hit 99. He also added a big slider they really like that he got some very good swings and misses on in the MLB camp

He spent all winter in Tampa reworking his stuff, which we kind of saw in camp.

I really can't wait to see our MILB kids play again

Might be getting Stephan back soon after tonight. He looks pretty green.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Might be getting Stephan back soon after tonight. He looks pretty green.
    He's got a big FB but i agree i don't see him sticking on the 25 man all yr

I'm hearing Matt Suaer is back to his pre surgery levels sitting 94-96 and has his 12-6 curve and a new nasty slider going. Excited to see him get going. Beck way has been sitting 96-98 in camp. High-A and Low-A are going to have a ton of great arms this year.

Page 95 of 98 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast