Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1402
  1. #1261
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,486
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I think you should all follow this advise. I've had him on ignore for the past couple of months now.

    I get this message multiple times per day:

    This message is hidden because Posada20 is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list
    He's on ignore for me too.
    I don't respond to him. I respond to those he's said stupid things to in their support



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #1262
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He's on ignore for me too.
    I don't respond to him. I respond to those he's said stupid things to in their support
    Unfortunately, the moderators can't put him on ignore.

  3. #1263
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,486
    Tmml



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #1264
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    24,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    He's a troll and this is his game.

    Remember this very important Mark Twain quote and philosophy
    "Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
    Well sometimes you try to present some stats and explain some things to try to educate other people. I've certainly learned a lot since I first joined a long time ago. But this one seems like he won't be changing any opinions...ever lol

  5. #1265
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,043
    Just listened to Sam Briend talk about Luis Gil who he thinks is our highest ceiling pitching spec. He said at the beginning of last yr at the ALT site Gil, actually pronounced as HEEL, bought in all the way on their developmental plan for him and did a lot of work on his release point. Once he was consistent with that they started working on his off speed stuff. Gil has always had an above average CU but has always struggle with shape and velo on his 3rd pitch.

    They found a slider grip Gil really liked and Briend said it just took off. He said it was a plus pitch almost immediately and was flashing double plus by the end of camp. He was throwing it 88-92 @ 3,300 RPM with huge vertical movement, which is considered elite for a SL. He was also up to 102mph with 2200+ RPMs and averaged 99.4 into the 7th inning in his last sim game at camp.

    Briend also mentioned they were please with his improved control but they definitely needed to keep working on the command.

    By adding a plus or double plus SL to pair with his double plus FB and above avg CU really helps his starter profile. Breind also mentioned that he thinks Gil has a top 15 or better starters ceiling and that were very likely to see him in the MLB this yr.

    Between he and Medina its gonna be fun to watch those 2 together this yr. With the new SL if its as good as Briend says it puts Gil's ceiling as high as Medina. Gil's command/ control is a little better but Medina has a much better CU at this point. After hearing how excited Briend was about Gil i'd sure hate to choose between he or Medina. Hopefully we'll be watching both of them in the rotation for the next 10 yrs

    Cole, Sevy, if he ever get healthy, Medina and Gil that would be a staff full of monster FB's
    Last edited by dayners81; 02-23-2021 at 08:34 PM.

  6. #1266
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Just listened to Sam Briend talk about Luis Gil who he thinks is our highest ceiling pitching spec. He said at the beginning of last yr at the ALT site Gil, actually pronounced as HEEL, bought in all the way on their developmental plan for him and did a lot of work on his release point. Once he was consistent with that they started working on his off speed stuff. Gil has always had an above average CU but has always struggle with shape and velo on his 3rd pitch.

    They found a slider grip Gil really liked and Briend said it just took off. He said it was a plus pitch almost immediately and was flashing double plus by the end of camp. He was throwing it 88-92 @ 3,300 RPM with huge vertical movement, which is considered elite for a SL. He was also up to 102mph with 2200+ RPMs and averaged 99.4 into the 7th inning in his last sim game at camp.

    Briend also mentioned they were please with his improved control but they definitely needed to keep working on the command.

    By adding a plus or double plus SL to pair with his double plus FB and above avg CU really helps his starter profile. Breind also mentioned that he thinks Gil has a top 15 or better starters ceiling and that were very likely to see him in the MLB this yr.

    Between he and Medina its gonna be fun to watch those 2 together this yr. With the new SL if its as good as Briend says it puts Gil's ceiling as high as Medina. Gil's command/ control is a little better but Medina has a much better CU at this point. After hearing how excited Briend was about Gil i'd sure hate to choose between he or Medina. Hopefully we'll be watching both of them in the rotation for the next 10 yrs

    Cole, Sevy, if he ever get healthy, Medina and Gil that would be a staff full of monster FB's
    Great info Dayn. Where did you listen to him? I'd like to hear that clip.

  7. #1267
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,043
    I'll have to check my work cpu for sure but I think it was prospect365, Yanks top 10 live chat. I'll check for sure tomorrow.

    Let's suppose Gil has developed a plus or better SL. If u had to choose 1 of Gil pr Medina...who u got
    Last edited by dayners81; 02-24-2021 at 01:23 AM.

  8. #1268
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    37,486
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'll have to check my work cpu for sure but I think it was prospect365, Yanks top 10 live chat. I'll check for sure tomorrow.

    Let's suppose Gil has developed a plus or better SL. If u had to choose 1 of Gil pr Medina...who u got
    I would take Medina. I always get concerned when I hear about changes in release point and grips. They altered Gil's mechanics and I feel like that, all too often, ends with arm issues. I really hope that is completely off base. Because to have two young arms like that??? Holy, hot smoking, potatoes.
    Going forward with a combo of Cole-Tallion-Medina-Gil-Sevy-German-Monty-Garcia-King?



    Ignorance is bliss

  9. #1269
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,927
    I choose Medina , I think he is more likely to be a starting pitcher than Gil

  10. #1270
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,102
    Yankees' Prospect Austin Wells Is Already Turning Heads At Spring Training
    Yankees manager Aaron Boone praised first-rounder Austin Wells on Saturday, saying the prospect is "as strong as anyone in camp."

    "He can hit," Boone said in a Zoom call on Saturday. "We really like his swing and I think one of the things that stands out to me that I didn't necessarily know is how strong he is. He's as strong as anyone in camp."

    Boone added that Wells has been having "advanced" conversations with New York's hitting coach Marcus Thames and assistant hitting coach P.J. Pilittere.

    "This is the guy that loves hitting," Boone explained. "I know Marcus is very excited to work with them and has really like what he's seen just in batting practice. Obviously this is a guy that came with a really strong offensive reputation and our early eyes on him confirm that."

    https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...pring-training
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  11. #1271
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    5,927
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees' Prospect Austin Wells Is Already Turning Heads At Spring Training
    Yankees manager Aaron Boone praised first-rounder Austin Wells on Saturday, saying the prospect is "as strong as anyone in camp."

    "He can hit," Boone said in a Zoom call on Saturday. "We really like his swing and I think one of the things that stands out to me that I didn't necessarily know is how strong he is. He's as strong as anyone in camp."

    Boone added that Wells has been having "advanced" conversations with New York's hitting coach Marcus Thames and assistant hitting coach P.J. Pilittere.

    "This is the guy that loves hitting," Boone explained. "I know Marcus is very excited to work with them and has really like what he's seen just in batting practice. Obviously this is a guy that came with a really strong offensive reputation and our early eyes on him confirm that."

    https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...pring-training
    This has me excited , I really hope he can be ready and able to replace Sanchez by the end of next season . Anything about his defensive abilities as a catcher ?

  12. #1272
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    This has me excited , I really hope he can be ready and able to replace Sanchez by the end of next season . Anything about his defensive abilities as a catcher ?
    Defensively he is a work in progress. He's got an arm and needs work on his footwork and receiving. The Yankees believe he is good enough to be an average defensive catcher

  13. #1273
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,102
    One has to wonder with Seigler, Breaux and Gomez ahead of him, if Wells sticks as a catcher. He can hit they'll find a place for him to play.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  14. #1274
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    10,043
    Hes definitely a bat first prospect and not alot of scouts think he ll stick at C long-term. Klaw in his write up on Wells said if he though there was a 20% chance Wells would stick at C he d be a top 100 lock already.

    After they drafted him a couple of the Yanks scouts gave interviews and said they believed Wells poor defense was due to never having had been taught good defensive fundamentals but he was athletic and hard working so they think they could re teach him.

    I hope this kid develops into a great catcher for us. I will say I hope that they can develop one of those kids into a really good defensive catcher, one that pitcher like throwing to.

    I think we have a chance to develop a couple really special arms in the next couple yrs and having an excellent receiving, defensive C would likely aid alot in those young pitchers development

  15. #1275
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,448
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    One has to wonder with Seigler, Breaux and Gomez ahead of him, if Wells sticks as a catcher. He can hit they'll find a place for him to play.
    Love all of these guys, but if Wells is as good as advertised and can be an average defender none of the above will hold him back. I haven't heard the Yankees gush over a first round pick in their first training camp like this since Aaron Judge and his BP shows.

Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •