Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    no problem, If those 2 aren't traded this off season i can't wait to see them back live again. Lets just hope Blake and crew can do as well with those guys as he did with Bauer, Clevenger, Bieber, ect. 1 of those 2 comes close to their ceilings we'll have our legit #2 behind Cole. I actually think if Medina clicks he could be better than Sevy ever was
    Are either of those two ready for next season or is thing more long thinking ? Because unless one those two can be the number 2 they need by 2022 , it looks like cole’s best years might be wasted

We may get a look at both in 2021 according to MLB.com article.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    We may get a look at both in 2021 according to MLB.com article.
    Getting a look is not the same as one of them being ready to be the #2 they need . And I am sure they will be in the majors by the end of next season because as usual the starting rotation will again be a problem for the yanks and cashman will give his usual speech about how they will go with what they got . Instead of doing any deadline deals

Expecting a rookie to step right into a #2 role right away is ludicrous.

Expecting a rookie to step right into a #2 role right away is ludicrous.
    That has been my point all along so if one of those kids becomes the number 2 the yanks need it won’t be until 2023 . By then , coles best years are almost over .

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Earlier today, the Yankees added RHP Roansy Contreras, RHP Yoendrys Gomez, INF Oswald Peraza and RHP Alexander Vizcaíno to the Major League roster.

So these are the guys they protected from the rule 5 draft, the 40 man roster is now full.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

State of the Yankees' farm system
    By Jim Callis @JimCallisMLB
    10:11 AM EST

Their top two pitching prospects made their big league debuts this summer, with Deivi García enjoying more initial success than fellow right-hander Clarke Schmidt. They also introduced another righty, Miguel Yajure, who has the best control in the system. Three righties with power stuff (Luis Gil, Alexander Vizcaino, Luis Medina) are on course to arrive in 2022.

While arms are undoubtedly the strength of New York's system, its most exciting prospect is outfielder Jasson Dominguez. Signed for $5.1 million out of the Dominican Republic in 2019, he has the potential for well above-average tools across the board. While he has yet to make his pro debut, it's possible that he could open 2021 in Class A.

TOP FIVE PROSPECTS

1. Jasson Dominguez, OF (No. 48 on Top 100)
    2. Clarke Schmidt, RHP (No. 83)
    3. Deivi García, RHP (No. 87)
    4. Oswald Peraza, SS
    5. Luis Gil, RHP

BEST TOOLS

Hit: Josh Smith
    Power: Jasson Dominguez
    Run: Isaiah Pasteur
    Arm: Antonio Gomez
    Field: Oswald Peraza
    Best athlete: Jasson Dominguez

Fastball: Luis Gil
    Curveball: Clarke Schmidt
    Slider: Deivi García
    Changeup: Alexander Vizcaino
    Control: Miguel Yajure

TOP 30 BY POSITION

C: 4
    1B: 0
    2B: 2
    SS: 4
    3B: 0
    OF: 7
    LHP: 1
    RHP: 12

https://www.mlb.com/news/yankees-far...eline-coverage
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

New Dominguez footage https://youtu.be/sgG7CjBmqQ0
    Kids unreal, that LHed swing looks perfect for YS. Having the highest average exit velo and the 2nd hardest hit ball at 115.9 for 17yr old is even more impressive.

I think I'm more excited to see this kid play than the MLB team next yr

New Dominguez footage https://youtu.be/sgG7CjBmqQ0
    Kids unreal, that LHed swing looks perfect for YS. Having the highest average exit velo and the 2nd hardest hit ball at 115.9 for 17yr old is even more impressive.

I think I'm more excited to see this kid play than the MLB team next yr
    His swing looks a lot like Hicks' swing. Quick bat, looks good. Hopefully he can move quickly through the minors.

Latest video of Dominguez. Exit velo clocked at 104.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1334529640988356611

Another Dominguez video https://youtu.be/P-WO-w6WIBw

The top 30 by position tells me that we need to develop more LHP.

They need to develop better pitching period . Because that’s likely the only way they ever improve the rotation for the foreseeable future

Yankees Rule 5 results:

Drafted:

* LHP Matt Krook
    * RHP Reggie McClain

Lost:
    * RHP Garrett Whitlock (BOS)
    * SS Kyle Holder (PHI)
    * RHP Trevor Stephan (CLE)
    * RHP Matt Wivinis (TEX)
    * RHP Kaleb Ort (BOS)
    * C Gustavo Campero (LAA)
    * LF Ben Ruta (SDP)

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Luis Medina was dealing tonight in Puerto Rico for @IndiosLBPRC:
    4.2 IP
    1 H
    0 R
    2 BB
    10 K (matches @milb career high)

More on the #Yankees' No. 11 prospect: https://t.co/3Zu8HRx8bn https://t.co/wjsdglXbU1

11.2 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 25 K for Medina in winter ball

His stuff has always been electric. Man if he can keep up this command, he's legit.

Page 66 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast