Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo Yanks have a CF in the short term in Gardy. Stanton will be in Left, Judge in right. Tauchman as the back up for all three OF spots, T Wade also in the mix, with Frazier only in case of emergency. Hicks is notoriously slow to heal, if by the break he's not ready at that juncture they may look for OF help.
    I agree and I wouldn't sign Melky even if he could play center. With all the heat on the Asterisks for cheating, why would you sign a known steroid cheater?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I agree and I wouldn't sign Melky even if he could play center. With all the heat on the Asterisks for cheating, why would you sign a known steroid cheater?
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Fair point.
    But I am guessing we have more than a few using on the current team. It doesn't bother me that he used.
    I just liked Melky and he gives another guy who can hit from the left.

The world is coming to an end and I don't even care. As long as I can have my limo and my orange hair"

Dan Federico@DanJFederico
    Baseball America released their top 100 prospects for the 2020 season today. Three Yankees made the list:

38. Jasson Dominguez
    62: Clarke Schmidt
    65: Deivi Garcia

This kid must be REAAAAly good. He hasn't played a ML game and he's ranked 38!
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Doesn't BA use like 5 guys to make up their lists and then average them out to get their final rankings?
    Either way having this kid at 38 being only 16 and having never played stateside he must be incredibly special.

Its interesting to see how closely they have Schmidt and Garcia ranked. Id love to see those write ups

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Doesn't BA use like 5 guys to make up their lists and then average them out to get their final rankings?
    Either way having this kid at 38 being only 16 and having never played stateside he must be incredibly special.

Its interesting to see how closely they have Schmidt and Garcia ranked. Id love to see those write ups
    Day, I've heard something similar. I have tried to dig up their exact criteria but most content is behind a paywall which I no longer subscribe.

From SNY: BA gave Dominguez a 65 overall grade -- an insane mark for someone at his age. The switch-hitting outfielder has already shown the ability to mash plus-fastballs, and his power grade of 70 is just unheard of. MLB.com called him "a teenage Mike Trout."

Dominguez also can jet around the bases and while playing the outfield. He ran a 6.3 60-yard dash. For context, the fastest man in baseball is Billy Hamilton, who ran a 6.2 60-yard dash. So, yeah, you could say all eyes will be on him as he begins playing.
    https://www.sny.tv/yankees/news/thre...2020/312507686

MLB network had our three guys at 54,88,92.

Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    MLB network had our three guys at 54,88,92.

Ouch.
    54 for a 16 year old is impressive

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    54 for a 16 year old is impressive
    Insane.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

Support Every President & The Country!

Yankees, for signing Gerrit Cole: Since New York exceeded the luxury tax threshold in 2019, they gave up their second- and fifth-round picks in the 2020 draft (a.k.a. their second- and fifth-highest selections). The Yankees also gave up $1MM in funds from their international signing bonus pool.

from MLB Pipeline Top tools
    Best curveball: Deivi Garcia, RHP, Yankees (65) -- ETA: 2020
    Garcia achieves so much spin and depth on his curveball that it's not only difficult for hitters to square up, but also for him to locate in the strike zone at times. He spent most of 2019 in Double-A and Triple-A at age 20, and his strikeout rate (13.3 per nine innings) would have ranked second in the Minors had he not fallen just shy of officially qualifying.
    Also in the running: Matthew Liberatore, LHP, Cardinals; Matt Manning, RHP, Tigers; Forrest Whitley, RHP, Astros

I knew his CB was very good but i didn't realize it was considered one of if not the best of any pitcher in the MILB

Another Dominguez article from BA... Check out the clip, he absolutely crushed that ball. the kid is absolutely built like a house, incredibly so for a 16yr old

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Another Dominguez article from BA... Check out the clip, he absolutely crushed that ball. the kid is absolutely built like a house, incredibly so for a 16yr old
    i want to see him when he plays his first minor league season to see how good he really is.. he should dominate if not then it was hype..

The tool grades aren't hype even if they don't translate right away. Your expecting a 17yr old kid who has never played stateside or ever at night to immediately dominate against 21 plus yr olds right away.

Even if he only puts up league average numbers this summer that would be a pretty big deal for a 17yr olds first look stateside, playing against much older specs. At a minimum he's going to be the equivalent of a HS junior playing against guys who are mostly college juniors and seniors.

All that said both Vladdy JR and Wander Franco had very solid yrs stateside at 17 and Dominguez is supposed to be just as if not more advanced than those 2. While at minimum id be ok with him just being slightly above league average this yr id be surprised if he didn't put up big numbers

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees, for signing Gerrit Cole: Since New York exceeded the luxury tax threshold in 2019, they gave up their second- and fifth-round picks in the 2020 draft (a.k.a. their second- and fifth-highest selections). The Yankees also gave up $1MM in funds from their international signing bonus pool.
    That punishment is about 1/2 as bad as what the Astros got for cheating. Damn that's irritating.

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast