Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,230

    Bauer throws shade at Yankees

    Trevor Bauer throws shade at Yankees in Mets love letter
    By Ken DavidoffNovember 15, 2020 | 8:40pm

    Bauer’s bouquet to Cohen, who has owned the Mets for a little over a week, details four areas of praise:

    1. His engaging with fans on Twitter (agreed, it’s “most brilliant,” as Bauer said).

    2. His statement that he wants to win the World Series in three to five years, which Bauer called “outlin[ing] the what.”

    3. His vow to delegate authority to Alderson and everyone beneath him, which will include a diverse array of employees, “defin[ing] the how.”

    4. “He’s setting himself apart from his main competitor in New York, which is the Yankees.” Bauer then proceeds to admit that, having never lived in New York, he really doesn’t know what he means by this and offers some vague suggestions. If he had paid me a consulting fee, I would have advised Bauer to talk about the Mets’ potential to establish themselves as the more irreverent New York team, with colorful performers and memorable personalities like Pete Alonso, Dom Smith and Noah Syndergaard. Nevertheless, this gets an A for trouble-stirring effort, especially the parts that are “censored” by his agent Rachel Luba as to not compromise his free agency.

    https://nypost.com/2020/11/15/trevor...n-love-letter/
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Don’t blame Bauer for throwing shade at the yanks if he is seriously considering going to the mets . They are the yanks competitor for best in ny . I actually hope the mets become serious ws contenders and the best players in ny . Would make Hal and cashman look incredibly stupid for wasting the last 4 years or so

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    36,140
    I love it.
    I love that he's poking fun at the Yankees. To a degree, they deserve it.

    It will be fantastic entertainment and amazing for baseball if he ends up a Met.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    9,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Don’t blame Bauer for throwing shade at the yanks if he is seriously considering going to the mets . They are the yanks competitor for best in ny . I actually hope the mets become serious ws contenders and the best players in ny . Would make Hal and cashman look incredibly stupid for wasting the last 4 years or so
    U should go be a fan of theirs, I know they are always looking for quality posters in that forum. U seriously want another team in NY to get better players and be better than the Yanks just to make a Owner and GM to look bad?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    U should go be a fan of theirs, I know they are always looking for quality posters in that forum. U seriously want another team in NY to get better players and be better than the Yanks just to make a Owner and GM to look bad?
    Yes I do because I would like to see another world champion team in ny , and since at this rate it won’t be the yanks anytime soon then might as well hope for met fans to end their drought .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Yes I do because I would like to see another world champion team in ny , and since at this rate it won’t be the yanks anytime soon then might as well hope for met fans to end their drought .
    Really?

    Get real Jorge. Cohens money should help, but there is no erasing the Muts history of futility. Yankees have not had a losing season since 1992. The second longest winning streak in MLB history. The longest you ask? Yankees 39-season run from 1926-64. A history of unparcelled success.

    I'm a New Yorker, I root for NY teams. But your comment is indefensible. Mets have more sub .500 seasons than +.500. They had a nice run from '69 to '73 and again in the mid / late 80's.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,230
    I know several folks over at the Mets board I'll make a personal intro for you and even have them send an invite. Deal?
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  8. #8
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,450
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I know several folks over at the Mets board I'll make a personal intro for you and even have them send an invite. Deal?
    I'll even throw in a pizza pie from a top notch Brooklyn pizza place.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,230
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I'll even throw in a pizza pie from a top notch Brooklyn pizza place.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    That's an offer that may be hard to refuse, some of the best pizza in the country, possibly the world.


    I'm a bit biased.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




  10. #10
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    35,450
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    That's an offer that may be hard to refuse, some of the best pizza in the country, possibly the world.


    I'm a bit biased.
    We can wish but we know it'll never happen.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I know several folks over at the Mets board I'll make a personal intro for you and even have them send an invite. Deal?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Don’t blame Bauer for throwing shade at the yanks if he is seriously considering going to the mets . They are the yanks competitor for best in ny . I actually hope the mets become serious ws contenders and the best players in ny . Would make Hal and cashman look incredibly stupid for wasting the last 4 years or so

    Why would a SO CALLED Yankee fan want the Mets to be better than the Yankees? You've finally proved what a fraud you really are.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    13,230
    Quote Originally Posted by PJO34 View Post
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    “The greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.” - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •