Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gary Sanchezís playing time at risk

Gary Sanchezís playing time at risk with Kyle Higashiokaís powerful start
    By Dan Martin April 23, 2021 | 3:33pm | Updated

When the Yankees decided to bring back Gary Sanchez, they were envisioning having a catcher who would be an extra-base machine.

Thatís what theyíve got so far this season, but itís not Sanchez.

Kyle Higashioka homered again in Thursdayís win over the Indians at Progressive Field. It was Higashiokaís third home run of the year, another bomb to center. Of Higashiokaís six hits, five have gone for extra bases.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/23/kyle-h...ees-conundrum/
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

They should have higgy starting more games plain and simple

Small sample size for Higgy but Sanchez has a pretty extended sample size now of struggling. Sanchez playing poorly enough to have a discussion on losing playing time combined with Higgy playing well enough to have a discussion on more playing time is going to yield a pretty obvious outcome.

The Yankees have given Sanchez opportunity after opportunity. Honestly if he loses his job he has nobody to blame but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    The Yankees have given Sanchez opportunity after opportunity. Honestly if he loses his job he has nobody to blame but himself.
    He should have lost his starting job after he told the media that he didnít know why he was benched in the playoffs ....

Truthfully..Sanchez was great before the FO fired his catching coaches/mentors... both Girardi and Pena...

He's not been the same since.

We need Boone tossed out on his behind! Hell, he's even starting to sound like a bloody moron in press conferences...

Quote Originally Posted by evilemplover View Post
    Truthfully..Sanchez was great before the FO fired his catching coaches/mentors... both Girardi and Pena...

We need Boone tossed out on his behind! Hell, he's even starting to sound like a bloody moron in press conferences...
    Or maybe the league figured out Sanchez and he has yet to adjust because he lacks the determination and work ethic to make those adjustments. And if he still needs ď the right coaches ď to push him then he isnít worth wasting too much more time on. There are guys in the minors who would kill to take his job right now that likely will work harder to keep it if they do get it . Thatís the thing with baseball , there is always a younger more determined guy just waiting to take your spot ...

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by strahan92osi72 View Post
    Absolutely. The new narrative of "Gary was trying to make everyone happy and not doing what was natural", seems to have had a short, shelf life.

I agree with Evil, this is about Girardi and Pena.. This is about Gary not having someone who stays on him. Some people need that push and need it constantly. He seems like one of them.

With that said, at the end of the day, it's on him.

Ignorance is bliss

Sure does. I know I'll be holding my head in my hands every time I listen to him talk.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Or maybe the league figured out Sanchez and he has yet to adjust because he lacks the determination and work ethic to make those adjustments. And if he still needs ď the right coaches ď to push him then he isnít worth wasting too much more time on. There are guys in the minors who would kill to take his job right now that likely will work harder to keep it if they do get it . Thatís the thing with baseball , there is always a younger more determined guy just waiting to take your spot ...
    His catching skills are the biggest diminish... and the league would have NOTHING to do with that... his bat I think is part of a head game from that... If Bonehead Boone would play Stanton in the OF (where he's above average).. he could DH Sanchez and just let him bat where his glove could be forgotten and this wouldn't be a problem...

Oh wait.. it's that Boone idiot in the way again.

His catching skills are the biggest diminish... and the league would have NOTHING to do with that... his bat I think is part of a head game from that... If Bonehead Boone would play Stanton in the OF (where he's above average).. he could DH Sanchez and just let him bat where his glove could be forgotten and this wouldn't be a problem...

I don't disagree with you about what you said, especially Boone. That said, IMO, this is the best Sanchez has looked defensively, he's even got a positive DWar. He's never going to be great but he atleast looks league average defensively. Unfortunately, when he's not hitting like now he's really not worth being in the lineup

Sanchez was mainly the dh in winter ball and he still did badly if I remember correctly . So I am not sure I believe his offensive problems will go away as dh .

It is crazy to think that when Gary was first called up that his hit tool was underrated and it looked like it wasn't trailing far behind his power. He looked to be a guy in his prime that could produce some seasons with a .300 average and a .370 OBP with plenty of power to go along with it. Such a waste of potential.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It is crazy to think that when Gary was first called up that his hit tool was underrated and it looked like it wasn't trailing far behind his power. He looked to be a guy in his prime that could produce some seasons with a .300 average and a .370 OBP with plenty of power to go along with it. Such a waste of potential.
    If you saw how he played attitude wise in the minors , it wouldnít come as such of a surprise that he has ended up the way he is right now

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post

He was considered as one of the best hitters in the organization. Obviously today that isn't the case. Don't know what the problem is. He can't even hit the fast ball these days.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast