Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    With MLB moving towards an automated strike zone Wells' defense might not be as important.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    so how far away do u think he is
    He'll probably be the teams starting catcher by the time we get to October.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    With MLB moving towards an automated strike zone Wells' defense might not be as important.

Still gonna need to be able to block the balls and throw out runners .

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    He'll probably be the teams starting catcher by the time we get to October.
    I actually believe that

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I actually believe that
    I actually do believe that u believe that

It might be kinda tough though with NO MILB season.. do u do any research on anything u say?
    Last edited by dayners81; 06-26-2020 at 10:39 PM.

6. 06-26-2020, 10:37 PM
    Reason
    Off topic. C'mon gents, please this is the prospect thread!

7. 06-26-2020, 11:04 PM
    Reason

I actually do believe that u believe that

It might be kinda tough though with NO MILB season.. do u do any research on anything u say?
    Austin Wells is so good he doesn't need a minor league season. He'll just show up Sep 15 and unseat Gary Sanchez.

9. 06-27-2020, 07:40 AM
    Reason

10. 06-27-2020, 08:01 AM
    Reason

Wellsís bat makes him an all star caliber player if he sticks at catcher. But it still plays at 1b too... looks like he will wear our Yankee Stadium... hopefully. Potentially, a good eye and contact along with a plus bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beck Way reminds me of Matt Sauer. Big, strong dude with a live fastball... not the fastest but enough velocity, a lot of late movement due to the arm slot- think Michael Pineda (91-96 with arm side run). Good secondary stuff and command, great get in the 5th round, especially if he ends up in the rotation. Seemed like he had a lot of progression in command over the past year... hopefully he continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. 06-27-2020, 06:36 PM
    Reason

14. 06-27-2020, 07:04 PM
    Reason

15. 06-27-2020, 10:06 PM
    Reason

People never mention Jordan Montgomery in the conversation of pitchers the Yankees have developed. He is certainly worth keeping and will be a part of the rotation this year. If they could develop a guy like Jordan every draft that would be a huge success. Obviously it would be great to develop a top of the rotation starter... however if you look around the league there are probably about 12-15 of those in the entire league. That means one comes around once every other draft (at best). At least half of those TORPs are drafted before the Yankees ever get a crack at them.

On the other hand, when you have financial flexibility and are able to develop Jordan Montgomery types, you can trade for TORPs, top relievers, and big time hitters when you need them.

Day to answer your question, I think the Yankees did a nice job with this draft. Austin Wells is as good as you're gonna get at that draft position. If he hits he will be a major leaguer for the Yankees.

Hauver is similar to Solak. Agree with that too. Great pick.

Beck Way is a high ceiling pitcher whose floor is probably a major league relief pitcher.

I also think they signed some good UDFA who all seem to have pretty high ceilings.

I'd like to hear all the Cashman draft haters weigh in on their first pick this year. Let's have you all go on record now saying how much you hate it. This way when he becomes a top prospect you can eat crow.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    People never mention Jordan Montgomery in the conversation of pitchers the Yankees have developed. He is certainly worth keeping and will be a part of the rotation this year. If they could develop a guy like Jordan every draft that would be a huge success. Obviously it would be great to develop a top of the rotation starter... however if you look around the league there are probably about 12-15 of those in the entire league. That means one comes around once every other draft (at best). At least half of those TORPs are drafted before the Yankees ever get a crack at them.

On the other hand, when you have financial flexibility and are able to develop Jordan Montgomery types, you can trade for TORPs, top relievers, and big time hitters when you need them.
    I like Monty. I think he is mentioned and considered a piece moving forward
    I see him as a very solid MRP

Iím excited to see him back out there

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Day to answer your question, I think the Yankees did a nice job with this draft. Austin Wells is as good as you're gonna get at that draft position. If he hits he will be a major leaguer for the Yankees.

Hauver is similar to Solak. Agree with that too. Great pick.

Beck Way is a high ceiling pitcher whose floor is probably a major league relief pitcher.

I also think they signed some good UDFA who all seem to have pretty high ceilings.

I'd like to hear all the Cashman draft haters weigh in on their first pick this year. Let's have you all go on record now saying how much you hate it. This way when he becomes a top prospect you can eat crow.
    I'm really not sure how anyone could criticize Cashman for the draft. We got to potential great bats and an extremely high ceiling pitcher with only 3 picks.

Hey KB, one of my buddies told me the Yanks are dangerously close to losing Arias if they haven't lost him already. Have you heard anything like that?

Hey KB, one of my buddies told me the Yanks are dangerously close to losing Arias if they haven't lost him already. Have you heard anything like that?
    I been following those Yankees international prospects on Instagram i was one of the first person to post jasson Dominguez on twitter working out and thats how many Yankees fans got to see him for the first time they didnt know how he looked lol .... but yeah most of the pending international Yankees signings are working out with the Yankees gear on and some be working out in the yankees academy in dominican republic. Top international signing in 2021 Roderick arias instagram is @roderick.arias.104 and diego Benitez is @diegobenitez19 but he doesn't have no workouts videos or pics. For the top 2020 international signings hans montero is @h_montero_25 and for jesus galiz is @jesusgaliz2 plus Fidel montero @its_montero_official ... check it out brother.

Quote Originally Posted by YomoNYY4Life View Post
    I been following those Yankees international prospects on Instagram i was one of the first person to post jasson Dominguez on twitter working out and thats how many Yankees fans got to see him for the first time they didnt know how he looked lol .... but yeah most of the pending international Yankees signings are working out with the Yankees gear on and some be working out in the yankees academy in dominican republic. Top international signing in 2021 Roderick arias instagram is @roderick.arias.104 and diego Benitez is @diegobenitez19 but he doesn't have no workouts videos or pics. For the top 2020 international signings hans montero is @h_montero_25 and for jesus galiz is @jesusgaliz2 plus Fidel montero @its_montero_official ... check it out brother.
    All Roderick arias post on Instagram are recently and theres a video that shows yankee stadium, thats one of Roderick arias family member recording and he saying in Spanish "that's where pica pica (Roderick arias nickname in the dr) will play in a few years" so lets hope.

Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast