Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Sweet thanks KB, to the best of your knowledge who are we signing and where would they rank in their class
    In 2020 the main guys are:
    Hans Montero- probably the 5th best ss prospect in the class behind Carlos Colmenarez, Christian Hernandez, Armando Cruz and Wilman Diaz.

Then catchers Jesus Galiz and Samuel Basallo. Basallo really came on hard towards the end and grew. To me they're the 2 best catchers on the market with Galiz being ranked higher for me.

Cristian Hernandez SS. Cubs
    Carlos Colmenarez SS. Rays
    Pedro Pineda OF A's
    Cristian Santana SS Tigers
    Wilman Diaz SS Dodgers
    Yaddi Cappe SS Marlins ??
    Armondo Cruz IF Nationals
    Danzer Guzman SS Angels
    Manuel Beltre SS Blue Jays
    Danny De Andrade SS Twins
    Jackson Brayan SS/CF Brewers
    Starling Aguilar IF Mariners
    Victor Acosta SS Padres
    Hans Montero SS Yankees
    Martin Valdez OF Reds
    Yamal Flores OF Philly
    Ricardo Perez C Philly
    Pedro Leon OF Astros
    Yeison Morroba OF Rangers
    Shalin Polonco OF Pirates
    Ariel Almonte OF Reds
    Miguel Bleis OF RS
    Fraidel Lariano SS Rangers
    Yeferson Tineo SS Braves
    Angel Genao SS Indians
    Gregory Barrios SS Brewers
    Samuel Zavala OF Padres
    Samuel Basallo C Yankees (SR sounds great on this Kid..Big ,Plus arm and has lefty power but can't sign untill August)
    Jesus Galiz C Yankees
    Moises Ballesterios C Cubs
    Robert Lopez C Indians
    Enderson Lira C RS

KB awesome stuff as usual . So from your previous post this seems like a mid level class for the Yanks and the 21 J2 class will be much more of a high end one for us ?

KB awesome stuff as usual . So from your previous post this seems like a mid level class for the Yanks and the 21 J2 class will be much more of a high end one for us ?
    Yes 2021 they're walking away with 2 of the best prospects in the class.
    Roderick Arias and Diego Benitez.

Although 2022 has 2 monster players in it. Felnin Celesten and Welbyn Gomez. Both Shortstops.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Although 2022 has 2 monster players in it. Felnin Celesten and Welbyn Gomez. Both Shortstops.
    u mean that class has those players in it or were likely to sign those 2 guys ? U know so much about this maybe you can answer this question for me? how in the world are they able to have deals in place with kids that are 13-14 and get away with it? also i know there's about 1 in a 1000 kids or so that you can look at when they are 14-15 , like Dominguez and Franco and know they are can't miss, but kids develop and change so so much typically from 13-16 i would think it would make scouting long term nearly impossible. Which is why i have always contended why we so many low 6 figure signings turning into so of the best players in their classes

The reason i ask that is growing up my step brother at 13 was LHed and throwing in the mid 80's touching 88 and ended up getting drafted. There was another kid same age group who was basically the last kid on the team at 13-14 and when he was 17-18 was easily the best player on the team. Coaching baseball for many yrs is have seen tons of examples like that

u mean that class has those players in it or were likely to sign those 2 guys ? U know so much about this maybe you can answer this question for me? how in the world are they able to have deals in place with kids that are 13-14 and get away with it? also i know there's about 1 in a 1000 kids or so that you can look at when they are 14-15 , like Dominguez and Franco and know they are can't miss, but kids develop and change so so much typically from 13-16 i would think it would make scouting long term nearly impossible. Which is why i have always contended why we so many low 6 figure signings turning into so of the best players in their classes

The reason i ask that is growing up my step brother at 13 was LHed and throwing in the mid 80's touching 88 and ended up getting drafted. There was another kid same age group who was basically the last kid on the team at 13-14 and when he was 17-18 was easily the best player on the team. Coaching baseball for many yrs is have seen tons of examples like that
    They're in that class. Neither have deals yet.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    They're in that class. Neither have deals yet.
    gotcha hopefully we get atleast one of them. Any good 3B specs coming, that the position were probably the weakest at in the whole system.

How do u think them shutting down HS and college BB this spring will have an effect on teams draft processes ? I think your going to see teams be able pickup some high end talent later in the draft. Its really to bad we don't have our 2nd & 5th round picks

Listened to a podcast and read a couple articles about the Yanks system from Kiley McDaniels who is ESPN's top spec guy. He was saying that the Yanks, Rays and Dodgers are in his opinion are the clearly 3 best teams best teams when it comes to scouting, drafting, signing IFA's, developing specs ect. He also says we have about 10+ players in the top 200 specs, the 5th best overall farm, even though alot of our top talent is in the lower minors and by far the deepest overall system.

Obviously he's very high on Dominguez. He thinks if he doesn't develop anymore he can be a Puig like ability at the plate but much better defensively. He said if he does have more projection and reaches his ceiling is when you start bringing the Trout type skill set as a switch hitter.

He's incredibly high on Kevin Alcantara, he thinks he has top 10 overall type talent. He says he's the very rare tall player, 6'5, who's body all works together well like being able to turn on a high velo inside fastball, take a pitch the other way, has bat control and is one of the best defensive specs he's seen recently and all this at only 17. He also thinks even with his size, because of his speed and elite defensive skills he should be able to stick in CF and has a 30/30 with a high average upside. He's only 4 months older than Dominguez.

He also very very high on Oswald Peraza and already thinks he's already a top 100 spec, very good bat and elite defensively SS and should stay there. He's also very high on Ezequiel Duran and Alexander Vargas both young middle IF

The starting pitcher he's extremely high on is Osiel Rodriguez even though he's only 17 and pitched 10 ins last yr. He has 4 above average or better pitches, with all 4 have plus potential. He sits in the low-mid 90's with his FB, with alot off natural sink and run because of a 3/4 arm slot. He said that of all our lower level pitching specs he got the best combo of now stuff, in game results at a young age and upside

He loves the overall pitching talent we have in the system and thinks because of Garcia, Schmidt, Gil, Medina and his huge ceiling and stuff and another stuff guy in Abreau that alot of very good pitchers get over looked. He mentioned Miguel Yajure, Roansy Contreras, Alexander Vizcaino and Yoendrys Gomez as those guys that get over looked

One other interesting take he had was that with the draft going to 5 rounds this yr and it will definitely be reduced again in the future that it could benefit the Yanks alot. Players not drafted will become FA and have a 20k max bonus, because there are so many kids that want to play for the Yanks they will be able to attract better talent much like they do in IFA. He also thinks because they do such a good job scouting they'll be able find better talent than most teams which ties into the Yanks being 1 of the 3 best teams at scouting, signing and developing talent. In therory makes alot of sense to me

Overall he's incredibly high on our system with the number 5 overall ranking and has some very interesting takes on some players that aren't talked about a ton

Hey KB, have you heard if any of the recently changed IFA rules this yr, something like teams aren't supposed to be allow to talk to the specs?, will change any of the Yanks plans on who they are planning to or might be able to sign?
    Hopefully the can find some low dollar diamonds like they have in the past since they will only have 3 draft picks.

Still very much looking forward to you upcoming article

Any of you spec guys know much about Maikol Escotto? he's 17 and was the Yanks 2019 DSL player of the yr. I looked him up and he made quite a few of our top spec list. heres a solid right up about him, based on his stats and scouting info it looks like we have a ton to be excited about him.
    2019 Stats: 45 G, 218 PA, .315/.429/.552/.981, 8 HR, 26 RBI, 13 SB
    Maikol signed with the Yankees for $350,000 on July 2, 2018. The ball seems to just jump off his bat. At one point in the 2019 season he was averaging an exit velocity of 95 miles per hour, with 20% of his hits above that mark. Escotto was billed as having gap power when the Yankees signed him, but his eight home runs show that the young infielder is developing more pop in his bat. He also showed solid plate discipline, walking 14.7% of the time, en route to the ninth-best OPS in the DSL at .981, to go along with an outstanding 167 wRC+. Escotto played all around the infield this past season, with 23 games at second base, and eight each at third base and shortstop. Escotto was one of the most productive performers in the DSL, making the All-Star team. In the field Escotto has shown strong ability demonstrating above-average speed, a good arm, and has drawn some comparisons to former Met Jose Reyes. Escotto is expected to make his stateside debut in 2020 and could move quickly up prospect lists with his strong numbers and natural athleticism

Hey KB, i saw the article came out. Did Pimpsner steal the credit from u? he did even give you any kind of contribution mention or anything? Solid stuff wish you could have gotten credit for it though. I known another site that would give you full credit for your info

These Yankees pitching prospects are nearly ready for the majors

Deivi Garcia and Clarke Schmidt are knocking down the door.

By Dan Kelly Apr 16, 2020, 8:00am EDT

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2020/...clarke-schmidt
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,Ē JFK 1963.
    ďThe greatest menace to freedom is an inert people.Ē - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

Hey KB, have you heard if any of the recently changed IFA rules this yr, something like teams aren't supposed to be allow to talk to the specs?, will change any of the Yanks plans on who they are planning to or might be able to sign?
    Hopefully the can find some low dollar diamonds like they have in the past since they will only have 3 draft picks.

Still very much looking forward to you upcoming article
    Due to the new rules the Yankees lost out on Fausto Sanchez and Samuel Basallo.

Hey KB, i saw the article came out. Did Pimpsner steal the credit from u? he did even give you any kind of contribution mention or anything? Solid stuff wish you could have gotten credit for it though. I known another site that would give you full credit for your info
    No I let him take the credit for it.

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast