Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1311
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Actaully I believe he is eligible in 2021. Arias, is the top international free agent of the 2021 class. Fangraphs calls him “the consensus top prospect” in the 2021 class. The switch hitting shortstop is said to be a five tool stud with a current player comparison of Francisco Lindor.
    thanks Doc. good info. I appreciate it

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Arias is a 2022 prospect correct? The Yankees can't sign him for another year?

And Day, all I could think about with the name roderick was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lc86JUAwwg

If Monty python isn't your thing, just fast forward to the 2:30 mark and you will hear Roderick being called
    LOL thats hilarious, its been so long since i've seen that movie that i forgot about it.

Arias is available to sign J2 2021

Does anyone know where this Cuban kid Oscar Luis Colas is signing, he's supposed to be the LHed Cuban Version of Ohtani

Hey KB how does Arais compare tool wise to Puason? I've also read that Aris is anywhere from 5'10 - 6'1 anyone have a clue on his true hit now ?

Found some stuff on Arias and Benitez from fangraphs
    Roderick Arias (AIR-EE-AS) is a 5’11 201 pound middle infielder and still growing. He is a switch hitter with all kinds of power from both sides just like Yankees prospect Jasson Dominguez.

His closest comparison is Francisco Lindor though by the time he plays for the Yankees he’ll be bigger and stronger.

He projects to put up slash lines of around .300 BA/35+/HR’s,/120+RBI’s per year with amazing defensive skills.

He will easily be the 2nd most promising prospect in the Yankees system outside Jasson Dominguez. A sure fire 5 tool all star in the making just like DOminguez as well.

Diego Benitez is another switch hitting middle infielder with great tools though he may decide on only batting RIGHT handed. Still some few unknowns here.

He’s 6’3 and 231 pounds so on the larger end like dodgers SS Corey Seager his closest comparison. Could easily move to 3B with that size.

Will easily by a .280+BA/30+HR/110+RBI per year player once full developed and maybe 40+ HR per year…

2 very intriguing prospects BUT why are the Yankees locks for them? OH THAT’S A EASY ONE! Both are flat out refusing to talk to any team but the Yankees. They want to be Yankees and only Yankees.

I'm sure KB is right but i really hope we didn't lose Benitez. Had possible long term 3rd base option that should have been ready when we were done with Gio

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Does anyone know where this Cuban kid Oscar Luis Colas is signing, he's supposed to be the LHed Cuban Version of Ohtani

Hey KB how does Arais compare tool wise to Puason? I've also read that Aris is anywhere from 5'10 - 6'1 anyone have a clue on his true hit now ?
    Arias is light years better in every category compared to pauson.

Found some stuff on Arias and Benitez from fangraphs
    Roderick Arias (AIR-EE-AS) is a 5’11 201 pound middle infielder and still growing. He is a switch hitter with all kinds of power from both sides just like Yankees prospect Jasson Dominguez.

His closest comparison is Francisco Lindor though by the time he plays for the Yankees he’ll be bigger and stronger.

He projects to put up slash lines of around .300 BA/35+/HR’s,/120+RBI’s per year with amazing defensive skills.

He will easily be the 2nd most promising prospect in the Yankees system outside Jasson Dominguez. A sure fire 5 tool all star in the making just like DOminguez as well.

Diego Benitez is another switch hitting middle infielder with great tools though he may decide on only batting RIGHT handed. Still some few unknowns here.

He’s 6’3 and 231 pounds so on the larger end like dodgers SS Corey Seager his closest comparison. Could easily move to 3B with that size.

Will easily by a .280+BA/30+HR/110+RBI per year player once full developed and maybe 40+ HR per year…

2 very intriguing prospects BUT why are the Yankees locks for them? OH THAT’S A EASY ONE! Both are flat out refusing to talk to any team but the Yankees. They want to be Yankees and only Yankees.

I'm sure KB is right but i really hope we didn't lose Benitez. Had possible long term 3rd base option that should have been ready when we were done with Gio
    Benitez is 100% only a right handed hitter not switch. But it’s looking like he will sign with the Braves.

He's light yrs ahead of Puason, considering he got 5m last yr that speak incredibly highly about Arias. If he fills out like the article suggest do u really think he has Dominguez type tools and the ceiling to hit .300 35hrs 120 rbis like that article Suggests? do scouts expect him to be a fast mover like Franco and Hopefully Dominguez

Saw a video and scouting report on Carla. Great build and has the frame to fill out even more. Video's I saw weren't the greatest quality but he looked like he had an easy athletic delivery and hide the ball well. Seems like he might be flying open a little , more so with the beaking pitch. One of the better looking 17yr old I've seen in a while.

I'm not questioning you or your source on Benitez, it just a real shame to loose him and Galiz both. Both those guys seem incredibly talented at positions we need the talent. From what I've seen/ read I wish they would have passed on Montero if favor of the Galiz/Benitez package

U have any info on that LHP/ CHERYL from Cuba Oscar Luis Coles? I read that the Yanks could be preparing to make a run at him.

Thank u so much for answering these questions. The absolutely hardest spec info is IFA/DSL news and you are always spot on.. appreciated u
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-14-2021 at 07:51 AM.

https://www.mlb.com/news/july-2-inte...0ET%20on%20Dec.

Arias is not even listed in the top 30. He can't be eligible to sign right now, though maybe he will be if his birthday is some time this year.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Lets just hope, unless its for an elite player, Cashman doesn't end up trading away the best of our specs. IMO with the recent rise of Medina, Gil and Roansy that makes atleast 1 of Garcia/ Schmidt expendable now. IMO, it would be a huge mistake now that Gil and Medina have greatly improved their weaknesses to trade those 2. The both have legit Ace ceilings, if we finally manage to develop 2 TORP to go alone with Cole this team is going to be in alot better position going forward
    I would caution that none of these guys are expendable. Injuries will always happen, and thus depth carries tremendous importance. That being said, if some team wants to pick two of these guys and send us one of their aces I am all for it. Any two quite frankly. There is so much that can go wrong between the minor leagues and becoming a major league pitcher, including injuries, loss of confidence, and just not being as good as originally thought. A bird in the hand is worth two in the tree. The two in the tree are any of these guys we're talking about. The bird in the hand is an already major league proven ace. That being said I would way rather they sign Bauer and not trade any of these guys.

Roansy Contreras does not have the ceiling of Gil or Medina, however once you get to a guy with the ceiling of Contreras, there honestly isn't much above that. Contreras has the stuff to be an ace if all breaks right. He does not hit triple digits but he has hit 98. Sure, the guys with 100 mph fastballs have a "higher" ceiling, but at the end of the day an ace is an ace. Once you reach that level what separates you from the rest is command, control, and moxie.

Derek Jeter is a lucky man.

Finally someone sees that unproven minor leaguers are expendable . I am not saying to trade all or even most of those prospects . I am just saying none should be labeled untouchable , especially since those prospects have missed a year of development .

Is that what he said Jorge? I quote: " I would caution that none of these guys are expendable." ".... thus depth carries tremendous importance." " I would way rather they sign Bauer and not trade any of these guys."

They are NOT expendable, however in the right deal (front line ace) they could be moved. A bird in hand. So...in my read, far from expendable although available in the right deal.

Imo we finally have a minor league and prospects that are approaching respectable. It took many years to get here. Imo that is the foundation of any good club. The reason the Rays can compete, the reason the Cards always manage to find stellar pitching, the reason the Astros and Braves have such depth.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Is that what he said Jorge? I quote: " I would caution that none of these guys are expendable." ".... thus depth carries tremendous importance." " I would way rather they sign Bauer and not trade any of these guys."

They are NOT expendable, however in the right deal (front line ace) they could be moved. A bird in hand. So...in my read, far from expendable although available in the right deal.

Imo we finally have a minor league and prospects that are approaching respectable. It took many years to get here. Imo that is the foundation of any good club. The reason the Rays can compete, the reason the Cards always manage to find stellar pitching, the reason the Astros and Braves have such depth.
    Could also mean to caution saying that none of those guys are expendable . He did say he would part with 2 of them for a team’s ace . And Castillo is the red’s ace . If you bothered to read the rest of what I said , I said I wouldn’t trade most of them . That my point is that no minor leaguer should be given the label of untouchable .

I give up.
    "Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality,” JFK 1963.
    "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

I give up.
    A lack of contextual referencing, poor reading, poor math skill, constant negativity and bad mood, lies, plays victim... He's like the Troll version of Rainman.

Ignorance is bliss

For a legit Ace, the only guys I am not moving are Dominguez and Medina.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast